Anti Swans finals bias

Remove this Banner Ad

What will make a difference will be the betting agencies getting up in arms about the potential for matches to be fixed and umpiring to never be considered as a possible source. We turn a major blind eye to umpiring howlers that don't even out in games. Last Friday was as close as I have seen umpiring being hard to explain away in any other way and the difference in interpreting rules by the same umpire in the same game, particularly the oob decisions were enough to raise an eyebrow at the very least.

Wait for fr the bookies to be absolutely burnt and then you might get somewhere.
Ive always been curious but honestly never looked but can you bet on free kicks and at certain times like you can bet on no balls etc in cricket. If so this is probably the bigger issue because this is how betting issues evolved in cricket and became a huge issue and probably still is.

West Coast are the worst crowd in the AFL. Abusive and hostile. With no opposing crowd to provide balance.

But it gets them free kicks.

SCG crowds are among the most "polite" in the AFL. It hurts us.
Correct it was better in the 90's and 00's

I watch a lot of footy. The umpiring is universally poor and has directly affected the outcome of games far too many times this year. But I understand why they cant be criticised externally. The AFL umpiring dept has to do a better job of self-analysis and training. Its time for full time umps and Razor Ray needs to be shown the door. There is no room for his ego and/or baggage.
I watched the highlights of the port game again last night. We got murdered by the umps in the first half. Gift free kicks in front of goal time and time again for not much. They were only umpiring one team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back