Science/Environment Anti-vacc Crazies at it again. Post appropriate outrage ITT

Clubs are trumps

All Australian
Mar 23, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
It might be news to you that there is a world wide shortage of IC Nurses. Guess why?
Mate i work at the hospital i mentioned in my post above. Im giving an insight into whats happening. I watched my ex struggle to get employment as a nurse after graduating here during the outbreak of the pandemic, simply because she was born in Nepal. If you're going to ask a condescending sarcastic question you can cram it.

Russia pretty much has the same vaccination schedules as other Western countries.
Why would Putin care about doing this type of thing. Really, it's silly to jump on Russia all the time.
Say you had a system you were testing out. Would you pick a big issue and unleash it to see what effect it has?

Considering a lot of the Russian stuff was simply aimed at causing chaos, they don’t really need to pick a side.

Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham, 76ers, Cubs, Bills
So what, vaccines are still profitable. How is thos even a point?

Actually vaccine research has been massively stunted for many decades by being less profitable. Certainly the case presently.

Hence why HIV previously, Ebola more recently have had these difficulties.

DaRick

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 12, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)
Anti-vaccination types seem to confuse correlation with causation.

The amount of autism diagnoses (for example) may have increased since the 1990's, but I think that has more to do with greater awareness of autism alongside improved diagnostic techniques than vaccinations.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
crazy holds no political affiliation.

with that said, you tend to see more bollocks re vaccines, genetic research and health from the hippies on the left, while on the right it's more climate change and evolution. of course, there are extremists that embrace any and all "contrarian" ideas because it makes them feel special.

There does seem to be a correlation between anti-vacc and Greens voters.

Inner Melbourne, including suburbs from Flemington to Carlton and Southbank, had a vaccination rate of below 90 per cent for five-year-olds, at 89.96 per cent.

This aligns with previous reports that have found some areas around the inner city have dangerously low rates of vaccination, at as low as 70 to 75 per cent.​

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...t-in-this-melbourne-area-20181023-p50bh5.html

Long Live HFC

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
i think we should pull funding out of tertiary institutions and put it into something worthwhile, like youtube scholarship. the results speak for themselves.

I had to attend the Magistrate court this morning for a Disturbing the peace offence. Now this is not the first time i've been to court but i never gave the matter any thought till now.
Prior to my hearing, while waiting outside the court, the court bailiff instructed me to write down my plea "guilty" or "not guilty" by my name. I responded by saying i wanted to hear the exact charge against me till i decided how i would plea.
We had a short back and forth before i complied with his request.
I'd like to know, by entering this plea, am i contracting with the court? Does this plea mean i am giving this court jurisdiction?
Am i legally obliged to write down a plea before i can enter that court? Is there a way which i can comply, but not yet contract with the court? ie without prejudice?
Thanks in advance.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood

It reflects on the anti science stuff spread via social media by nufties with some cogs stuck in their brains.

The thing is, sure, nothing is perfect. Its about the balance of pros & cons. What are the risks & benefits. Clearly vaccination is hugely beneficial for the whole community. Risks to individuals are far outweighed by the benefits the protected community bestows back on each individual.

Simple as that, yet their are those dummies whose imagination is superior to scientific knowledge & the proof of history.

Plenty of other areas this applies to as well.

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
It reflects on the anti science stuff spread via social media by nufties with some cogs stuck in their brains.

The thing is, sure, nothing is perfect. Its about the balance of pros & cons. What are the risks & benefits. Clearly vaccination is hugely beneficial for the whole community. Risks to individuals are far outweighed by the benefits the protected community bestows back on each individual.

Simple as that, yet their are those dummies whose imagination is superior to scientific knowledge & the proof of history.

Plenty of other areas this applies to as well.

William Wonka

Jesus died for somebodies sins but not mine
May 28, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Got a measles shot the other week.
Id had one as a kid but the schedule wasn't quiet right then so only nine out of ten people my age are fully vaccinated.

Seems I was the one in ten.

Its a 'live' virus so I expected to feel unwell but ended up just feeling a touch off color for about half a day a week after I had the shot (like I hadn't had quite enough sleep).

When does the Autism kick in?

Id had one as a kid but the schedule wasn't quiet right then so only nine out of ten people my age are fully vaccinated.

Its a 'live' virus so I expected to feel unwell but ended up just feeling a touch off color for about half a day a week after I had the shot (like I hadn't had quite enough sleep).

Obviously it kicked in after your first dose.

darth_timon

Hakuna Matata!
Oct 24, 2011
UK
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Stevenage

It’ll kick it some time past never.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
It’ll kick it some time past never.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vaccination is best effective when some 95% plus of the community 'take their medicine'.

The few loonies who don't do this for their children are a bigger threat to all of us than ISIS or skin cancer ever could be.

Back