Science/Environment Anti-vacc Crazies at it again. Post appropriate outrage ITT

Remove this Banner Ad

It might be news to you that there is a world wide shortage of IC Nurses. Guess why?
Mate i work at the hospital i mentioned in my post above. Im giving an insight into whats happening. I watched my ex struggle to get employment as a nurse after graduating here during the outbreak of the pandemic, simply because she was born in Nepal. If you're going to ask a condescending sarcastic question you can cram it.

My experience is they are only prepared engage in aspects of the data that reinforces their biases.

It's the only thing they look for, and they dispel anything which compromises their biases.

DryRot is a classic example of this. He does not even know how the immune system and vaccines work, yet soldiers on regardless making claims about how dangerous they are, according to disingenuous extrapolations of the data.

Glad I am always in your thoughts. A forum style of ear worm for you.

I wonder if any anti-vaccination proponents ever wonder why polio isn't a thing any more in this country?

I had an uncle who contracted it when he was in his early teens, he ended up in callipers for the rest of his life.

Glad I am always in your thoughts.

Always? :D :thumbsu:

A forum style of ear worm for you.

I have been vaccinated against the ignorant, I'm more concerned with you infecting the layperson.

You have no idea what you are on about when it comes to this, and you have no interest in actually learning anything that runs contra to your disturbing paranoia related to this either.

I wonder if any anti-vaccination proponents ever wonder why polio isn't a thing any more in this country?

I had an uncle who contracted it when he was in his early teens, he ended up in callipers for the rest of his life.
Or why smallpox died out altogether, or why measles only ever has outbreaks these days in unvaccinated populations, or...shall we keep going?

Or why smallpox died out altogether, or why measles only ever has outbreaks these days in unvaccinated populations, or...shall we keep going?
BIG PHARMA SHILL!

Social media has given a platform to what would previously have been very niche corners of society. Somehow people get in to these areas and trends and go down the rabbithole.

In the old days most villages only had one idiot. He knew he was an idiot , because everyone told him so.
Now they find each other on the internet and convince each other that they are the smart ones.

BIG PHARMA SHILL!
I know right.

More seriously though, this is the thing. Anti-vaccine rubbish flourishes (or at least it took off in the first place) because there is a granule of truth to one thing; that big pharma have done and do some ******* ordinary things. Witness the price gouging and inflation of drug prices that have taken place (and still takes place) because of them.

The problem of course is that some take that and use that as an excuse to tar the efficacy and safety of vaccinations in general. Which, while not trivialising the opportunistic capitalism some big pharma engages in, is a bit like adding 2 and 2 and getting 109.

Further to my previous post, according to Polio NSW's website there were major polio epidemics in Australia in the late 1930s, early 1940s and 1950s. The last epidemic was in 1956.

Given what I know about my uncle, he would have been a victim of the epidemic in the early 40's. I saw what it did to him physically.

I was born in 1960 so I have no doubt I would have received the polio vaccine - although I can't confirm it, my parents are long gone - but, given my uncle's experience and the 1956 epidemic, I've got no doubt I received it.

So thanks to the polio vaccine my chance of getting polio was all but eliminated. The operative word there being "vaccine".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Facebook is a sponsored blank wall for people to write graffiti on it.
Its pretty stupid to blame the owner of the wall for what the graffiti says.
IMO it's probably just as stupid to inaccurately oversimplify Facebook into something it's not and then call your own over-simplified example stupid.

Last edited:
Further to my previous post, according to Polio NSW's website there were major polio epidemics in Australia in the late 1930s, early 1940s and 1950s. The last epidemic was in 1956.

Given what I know about my uncle, he would have been a victim of the epidemic in the early 40's. I saw what it did to him physically.

I was born in 1960 so I have no doubt I would have received the polio vaccine - although I can't confirm it, my parents are long gone - but, given my uncle's experience and the 1956 epidemic, I've got no doubt I received it.

So thanks to the polio vaccine my chance of getting polio was all but eliminated. The operative word there being "vaccine".

I knew a guy who has polio and one of his legs from the knee down was just bone. Looked horrible

And I apologised for displaying it.

When will people let me move on from this mistake?
don't worry it was gods mistake to attach your knob to the bottom of your knee

Kudos for learning to walk on it though

More seriously though, this is the thing. Anti-vaccine rubbish flourishes (or at least it took off in the first place) because there is a granule of truth to one thing; that big pharma have done and do some ******* ordinary things. Witness the price gouging and inflation of drug prices that have taken place (and still takes place) because of them.

The problem of course is that some take that and use that as an excuse to tar the efficacy and safety of vaccinations in general. Which, while not trivialising the opportunistic capitalism some big pharma engages in, is a bit like adding 2 and 2 and getting 109.
Patent farming and 'me too' pharmaceuticals is a known problem. The anti-vaxxers seem to ignore it, for the most part.
Andrew Wakefield has a lot to answer for.

And I apologised for displaying it.

When will people let me move on from this mistake?

Hey, I believed you when you claimed it was about seeking a career in environmentally responsible balloon animals.

I can see a market for it.

I knew a guy who has polio and one of his legs from the knee down was just bone. Looked horrible
I used to work with someone who had been taken by the anti-vacc movement in the late 1990s, right when their child was a tiny baby. They didn't get their child vaccinated.

That child subsequently got measles when they were about 12 months old. After a pretty rough illness, the child seemingly recovered.

However, the child never cleared the virus completely. It lingered in their brain and, when the child was 12 (about 2010 from memory), induced severe pan-encephalitis. There was absolutely nothing that could be done to treat it and the child died a few months later.

A disgustingly tragic story, and it's fair to say that person is no longer an anti-vaccer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back