Science/Environment Anti-vacc Crazies at it again. Post appropriate outrage ITT

Remove this Banner Ad

utility

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
the TGA has decided that the following vaccines meet the high safety, efficacy and quality standards required for use in Australia
The TGA has provisionally approved "...on the basis of short term efficacy and safety data. Continued approval depends on the evidence of longer term efficacy and safety from ongoing clinical trials and post-market assessment." If they don't provide long-term efficacy they're not vaccines. The jury is still out... not looking good based on Israel's statistics.

It's pretty much the same for all of them but here's the Pfizer source: https://www.tga.gov.au/apm-summary/comirnaty

SaintsSeptember

Hall of Famer
Mar 19, 2008
Narre Warren North
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
The TGA has provisionally approved "...on the basis of short term efficacy and safety data. Continued approval depends on the evidence of longer term efficacy and safety from ongoing clinical trials and post-market assessment." If they don't provide long-term efficacy they're not vaccines. The jury is still out... not looking good based on Israel's statistics.

It's pretty much the same for all of them but here's the Pfizer source: https://www.tga.gov.au/apm-summary/comirnaty
Its a process and its an approval.
If you were to ask their opinion they tell you it is safe and effective, it says as much on their web page.

Its not experimental.
It not unapproved.

Worm treatment for Covid19 is NOT APPROVED.

utility

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Its a process and its an approval.
If you were to ask their opinion they tell you it is safe and effective, it says as much on their web page.

Its not experimental.
It not unapproved.

Worm treatment for Covid19 is NOT APPROVED.
Where did I say it was experimental or unapproved? Did you even read the text from the TGA? I'll copy/paste it if you missed it (for Pfizer shot):

COMIRNATY (BNT162b2 mRNA) was provisionally approved for the following therapeutic use:
COMIRNATY (BNT162b2 (mRNA)) COVID-19 vaccine has provisional approval for the indication below:
Active immunisation to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) caused by SARS-CoV-2, in individuals 16 years of age and older.
The use of this vaccine should be in accordance with official recommendations.
The decision has been made on the basis of short term efficacy and safety data. Continued approval depends on the evidence of longer term efficacy and safety from ongoing clinical trials and post-market assessment.
They're basically saying, "go ahead and use it but we're not convinced yet in its long-term efficacy and safety". That kind of matters as vaccines are supposed to provide long-term protection.

SaintsSeptember

Hall of Famer
Mar 19, 2008
Narre Warren North
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Where did I say it was experimental or unapproved? Did you even read the text from the TGA? I'll copy/paste it if you missed it (for Pfizer shot):

They're basically saying, "go ahead and use it but we're not convinced yet in its long-term efficacy and safety". That kind of matters as vaccines are supposed to provide long-term protection.
They are saying they haven't completed everything.

They also made this statement.

"the TGA has decided that the following vaccines meet the high safety, efficacy and quality standards required for use in Australia "

So no they aren't saying what you wrote that's a poor interpretation you made.
What they are saying is

"the TGA has decided that the following vaccines meet the high safety, efficacy and quality standards required for use in Australia "

Clearly and obviously.

Do i need to keep posting it and referring to their statement?

utility

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
And based on UK statistics? USA?
The stats in the UK are premature given that they opened up a month ago. The USA is trending similar to Israel.

Respiratory illnesses tend to ramp up as we head into winter. They're in the middle of summer now. The anomaly is interesting given these are all 'highly vaccinated' countries.

1629624767311.png

utility

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No stats are valid but the Israel stats?
WTF? You asked for USA and UK, I provided them.

The USA is trending in the same direction as Israel.

The UK opened up after massive lockdowns a month ago. I'd say wait another month or two before drawing conclusions for the UK. It is not an indicative sample given the level of social isolation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SSwans2011

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 7, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
West Coast Wonders, Crystal Palace
The thing is, African Americans, who represent a significant portion of NBA players, have a legitimate reason to be weary of any vaccination ever. They have a historical basis for that weariness. The dickheads protesting in Australia have no basis except their refusal/inability to distinguish between fact and fiction.

Nickos66

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

I assume he's been banned by Chief but alas.

Pretty skewed interpretation of the legislation there.

Common sense dictates that, what it actually tries to explain to you is that It's approved, but like every. Other. Drug. In medical science - it will continue to be monitored to ensure it's providing the protection in the manner it proclaims to with the safety record it proclaims to.

It's not difficult to understand for those not of the potato variety, honestly. But, I get that it doesn't leave much to the conspiracy theorist's imagination.

Power Raid

TheBrownDog
Oct 15, 2004
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I assume he's been banned by Chief but alas.

Pretty skewed interpretation of the legislation there.

Common sense dictates that, what it actually tries to explain to you is that It's approved, but like every. Other. Drug. In medical science - it will continue to be monitored to ensure it's providing the protection in the manner it proclaims to with the safety record it proclaims to.

It's not difficult to understand for those not of the potato variety, honestly. But, I get that it doesn't leave much to the conspiracy theorist's imagination.
This is not correct

The drugs have been provided emergency use authorisation by the FDA and provision use by the TGA

it is a common sense balance between the risk of the disease and the risk/ benefit of the vaccines

Stating this fact is not a conspiracy

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
The thing is, African Americans, who represent a significant portion of NBA players, have a legitimate reason to be weary of any vaccination ever. They have a historical basis for that weariness. The dickheads protesting in Australia have no basis except their refusal/inability to distinguish between fact and fiction.
I could see why the aboriginal community wouldn't be that trusting of the gov

Dogs_R_Us

Space Traveller
May 3, 2001
Sirius - the Dogstar
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I could see why the aboriginal community wouldn't be that trusting of the gov
Antivax religious groups are circulating around indigenous communities telling them not to take "white man's poison". I've heard it mentioned in relation to western NSW and McGowan spoke of it as happening in the far north-west. Remote health workers including the RFDS are find it hard work to give the vax.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad