Science/Environment Anti-vacc Crazies at it again. Post appropriate outrage ITT

Remove this Banner Ad

Clubs are trumps

All Australian
Mar 23, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
It might be news to you that there is a world wide shortage of IC Nurses. Guess why?
Mate i work at the hospital i mentioned in my post above. Im giving an insight into whats happening. I watched my ex struggle to get employment as a nurse after graduating here during the outbreak of the pandemic, simply because she was born in Nepal. If you're going to ask a condescending sarcastic question you can cram it.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...ammed-by-doctors/story-fngnvlxu-1226641292628

Both her children, who are now adults, contracted measles, chickenpox and rubella, while her daughter also had whooping cough when she was four.

But Ms Lydall dismissed these as "self-resolving" diseases that could be managed and improved her children’s immunity.

Leader recently revealed Yarra Ranges had Victoria’s second-worst rate for immunising five-year-olds, with 236 kids missing out on jabs to prevent contagious diseases.

National Health Performance Authority stats for 2011-12 placed Knox around the state average, with 130 one-year-old children, 107 two-year-olds and 143 five-year-olds not fully immunised.

Ms Lydall told Leader:

PARENTS who vaccinate their kids "avoid having to think" and "do not want to take responsibility" of researching the issue themselves;

WHOOPING cough is "just a breeze" for children and "a chance to be off school"

VACCINES contain "cells from aborted babies"

MEASLES "makes a person healthier" and speeds up a child’s development;

FLU shots are unnecessary because homeopathic methods provide rapid cures;

GOVERNMENTS are lying to parents about immunisations and information is suppressed.

AMA Victoria president Dr Stephen Parnis slammed Ms Lydall’s arguments as "ridiculous, paranoid conspiracy theories with no basis in fact".

"These are incredibly misguided pseudo-scientists who have absolutely no credible science on their side," Dr Parnis said.

Freakin nutter...

• Admin
She said parents needed to know natural prevention methods, like not eating sugar and avoiding becoming overtired "when there is a virulent polio virus in the air".

What the...

rayven

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 26, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PC racing

mantis

Hall of Famer
30k Posts 10k Posts
Mar 9, 2001
Away from redneck country
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers
Great, Yarra ranges is where both myself & my pregnant daughter live. :(

It's going to be risky taking her bubs out, until it has had it's vaccinations.

MrCharisma

Club Legend
Jan 1, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
A News Ltd story?

Here's an interesting opinion at the motives and objectivity of that organization concerning vaccinations...

http://www.naturalnews.com/040301_Australian_Telegraph_medical_child_abuse_vaccinations.html

Evidently News ltd take a lot of money from Big pharma companies that sell vaccinnes, would that not be a conflict of interest?

Then there's this..
http://blogs.crikey.com.au/croakey/...edicine-to-the-general-public-whats-going-on/

A Mike Adams "health ranger " story? Puhhlease .

MikeAdams.jpg

Mar 4, 2009
kanamaluka
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Hurricanes
Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
Generally, I'm certainly not 'anti'-vaccines, but I'm certainly not over the top about all of them..

I work at a medical clinic and every year we can get the flu shot for free, but I always decline it and have never had one... In a way I sometimes think working there has actually built my immunity up to some point...

I was under the impression that if children are not fully immunised, then the family is not entitled to any government welfare payments?

blueboy25

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Perth, Tottenham
One of my partners besties has gone full psycho, but in the other direction. Recently she had a baby which of course everyone must view ("come and see the baaaabee">Seinfeld) but you must get a whooping cough vaccination first.
My 3yo boy had his whooping cough vaccination but still contacted it about 2 months ago and luckily it was a quite a mild strain.

It went through his day care centre and most kids only got mild cases apart from one poor kid who ended up in hospital with it. He was coughing so badly all the blood vessels in his face burst.

mantis

Hall of Famer
30k Posts 10k Posts
Mar 9, 2001
Away from redneck country
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers
Generally, I'm certainly not 'anti'-vaccines, but I'm certainly not over the top about all of them..

I work at a medical clinic and every year we can get the flu shot for free, but I always decline it and have never had one... In a way I sometimes think working there has actually built my immunity up to some point...

I was under the impression that if children are not fully immunised, then the family is not entitled to any government welfare payments?

I never get Flu shots, I figure at my age my immunity has built up sufficiently, I haven't had the flu for years.

Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Throw them all on an island somewhere away from the rest of us.

Seriously, these people need to talk to some baby boomers about kids that got Polio, or to nurses that work with babies who get Whooping Cough.

The worst is the stupid logic I've heard - "oh he wass diagnosed with Autism two months after such and such vaccine. So that is what caused it". OK, going by that logic, those Rubella shots all the girls in my class got in grade 6 made them grow breasts and begin to menstruate....

Dunno about govt payments being witheld, but good to see a lot of child care centres etc wanting to see proof of vaccinations.

Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Reading some of the baffling parts you highlighted Chief, and I think it is an example of a bigger problem in society. Science is not respected as it once was, perhaps unless it's a 'new' discovery. People just seem to get bored of well-established truths and 'alternative views' become a sexier read.

Imagine if a drug/vaccine came out now that made it almost impossible for your child to get luekemia*. Everyone would be bending over backwards to get it for their children. All the talk would be about how great the discover is, what heroes the scientists are.

Then 50 years from now, with the disease long forgotten, I'm sure the nutters would come out again....

*yeah I know it's not contagious but yeah u get the drift.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
One more point:

If I am HIV positive and have sex with someone without telling them (that I have HIV, not that I am am having sex with them:p) , and they get HIV, then I am criminally culpable for their condition.

If I have a child I refuse to vaccinate against something, that child gets a disease and then passes on to another child, should I be criminally culpable for that childs condition?

My answer would be no, it's going too far. But I should be able to be sued for all medical expenses.

skilts

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Feb 14, 2002
South-West Gippsland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lexton, Northcote Park
Throw them all on an island somewhere away from the rest of us.

Seriously, these people need to talk to some baby boomers about kids that got Polio, or to nurses that work with babies who get Whooping Cough.

The worst is the stupid logic I've heard - "oh he wass diagnosed with Autism two months after such and such vaccine. So that is what caused it". OK, going by that logic, those Rubella shots all the girls in my class got in grade 6 made them grow breasts and begin to menstruate....

Dunno about govt payments being witheld, but good to see a lot of child care centres etc wanting to see proof of vaccinations.
I was one of the kids who contracted Polio in 1950s. For three days non-stop, my mother applied her 'old wives tale' of vinegar compresses to the back of my neck, to alleviate and draw out the fever. It worked. I'm so glad it did, because I saw the ten kids at my school who returned after six months away, who were in various stages of being crippled. This was in that hideous period where everyone knew there was a major problem, but before the vaccine was developed and available. I've never understood parents who think it better that their children die, rather than them pursuing their ill-founded and mindless agenda.

Illinois Nazi

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Jul 8, 2002
Why? You stalking me?
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Whoever's winning
In the paper this morning it says even the Taliban have decided to stop opposing Polio vaccination.

MrCharisma

Club Legend
Jan 1, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Even Kim Jong Un came out and described vaccine refusers as " bat s**t crazy " and made comments like " these f*ckers must have a death wish" . And this was after he threatened the US .

Even Kim Jong Un came out and described vaccine refusers as " bat shrit clazy " and made comments like " these f*ckers must have a death wish" . And this was after he threatened the US .
This post would have been more believable if.......

cancat

Cancelled
Jun 4, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
In the paper this morning it says even the Taliban have decided to stop opposing Polio vaccination.

These days only parts of Afghanistan, Pakistan and Nigeria are endemic with Polio. But in Australia we haven't had a recorded case for over 20 years. There were only 223 reported cases worldwide in 2012. When does the risk of the side effects outweigh the risk of contracting the disease?

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
These days only parts of Afghanistan, Pakistan and Nigeria are endemic with Polio. But in Australia we haven't had a recorded case for over 20 years. There were only 223 reported cases worldwide in 2012. When does the risk of the side effects outweigh the risk of contracting the disease?
what proven side affects?

As an individual in Australia, your risk of contracting polio doesn't really go up much if you're not vaccinated. The problem is, this is because you benefit from most other people being immunised.

It would be a very selfish action, because if everyone else followed your lead we would end up with a large amount of people contracting it.

cancat

Cancelled
Jun 4, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
what proven side affects?

In most countries, OPV remains the vaccine of choice in routine immunization schedules and supplementary immunization activities.

Where more than one type of wild poliovirus is circulating, OPV is epidemiologically and operationally the best vaccine to use because protection develops to each of the three types of polio virus.

Although OPV is safe and effective, in extremely rare cases (approx. 1 in every 2.7 million first doses of the vaccine) the live attenuated vaccine virus in OPV can cause paralysis.

http://www.polioeradication.org/Polioandprevention/Thevaccines/OralpoliovaccineOPV.aspx

Australia switched to IPV because it does not have the side effects. IPV is less effective and more expensive than OPV but the decision was also based on the fact that the risk of contracting Polio in Australia is almost non-existent. Perhaps IPV in Australia should continue until Polio is completely eradicated worldwide?

Afghanistan, Pakistan and Nigeria - and the countries bordering them - have a more difficult problem assessing the efficacy, risk of side effects and cost of IPV versus OPV versus non-vaccination.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans

Any experience with this? My partner works at a school specifically for autistic children early intervention. She told me of one particular parent who said immediately after one of the vaccines her daughters behaviour changed. Soon after the docs said she had autism.

The mother was adamant this happened, and straight away she regressed. An example of this was she used to run to meet her dad at the door every day after work without fail. Immediately after the vaccine this changed, she stopped associating with him altogether. Never spoke again etc...

Plenty of court settlements in some countries seem to indicate some link, otherwise they wouldn't pay out or lose the cases...

I don't think it is all cases but I have no doubt there is some link in some cases. Plenty more allergies since vaccines were brought in too so I think it is naive to think there are no other side effects.

I have never had the flu shot and never get sick let alone the flu.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back