Science/Environment Anti-vacc Crazies at it again. Post appropriate outrage ITT

Clubs are trumps

All Australian
Mar 23, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
It might be news to you that there is a world wide shortage of IC Nurses. Guess why?
Mate i work at the hospital i mentioned in my post above. Im giving an insight into whats happening. I watched my ex struggle to get employment as a nurse after graduating here during the outbreak of the pandemic, simply because she was born in Nepal. If you're going to ask a condescending sarcastic question you can cram it.

William Wonka

Jesus died for somebodies sins but not mine
May 28, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Are you ok with Hepatitis B shot as soon as the baby is born? Even when both parents are Hep B negative and the baby isn't going to be sexually active or injecting drugs for a substantial period. Do you know the ingredients of the Hep B vaccine?

I find it amazing how anyone that wants to question a vaccination is immediately labelled "anti-vaxx". I mean, are we supposed to just stfu and take every shot Big Pharma makes, otherwise face being ostracised?

I find it perplexing the notion that the "pro-vaccinators" - who question nothing, claim to be on the side of science when science is all about questioning.

I think that people are paranoid about being dumb (because they aren't very smart) so they believe that by aligning themselves on the side of the "winners" they will be perceived as intelligent. I'm not saying that vaccinations are irrelevant, not at all. But I'm not going to sit back and take every vaccination Big Pharma tell me to.

I find the pro vaccinator fundamentalists worse than the anti vaxxers. I mean, you can't even question the validity of a vaccine without being labelled an anti vaxxer. This is incredible. I cannot believe how much blind faith people have in ALL vaccines and don't question that perhaps, there may be vested interests in blowing out the vaccine schedule to make a massive profit.
Im as much of a 'pro vaccine fundamentalist' as you can get (see my posts re. Anti vaxers should be lined up and shot with a .303 for proof) however I dont have blind faith in ALL vaccines.
The efficacy of the fluvax for instance is not great.
I also don't believe that the medical/pharmaceutical profession is near as altruistic as they make themselves out to be, however preventative medicine like vaccines is not a huge money maker, I read recently that the Meningococcal B vax could be added to the schedule for the next five years for about the same cost as the gay marriage survey.

Vaccines work, but nothing is perfect and some work better than others.

rowie343

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2009
victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Im as much of a 'pro vaccine fundamentalist' as you can get (see my posts re. Anti vaxers should be lined up and shot with a .303 for proof) however I dont have blind faith in ALL vaccines.
I also don't believe that the medical/pharmaceutical profession is near as altruistic as they make themselves out to be, however preventative medicine like vaccines is not a huge money maker, I read recently that the Meningococcal B vax could be added to the schedule for the next five years for about the same cost as the gay marriage survey.

Vaccines are not a huge money maker?? Your fn kidding right??! In this day of easy access to information, this level of ignorance is inexcusable. Unless you know little about the issue. And if so, don't post as though you do. Do some bloody research.

Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham, 76ers, Cubs, Bills
Vaccines are not a huge money maker?? Your fn kidding right??! In this day of easy access to information, this level of ignorance is inexcusable. Unless you know little about the issue. And if so, don't post as though you do. Do some bloody research.

Relative to other areas of pharmaceutical research and development, they aren't.

William Wonka

May 28, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
20171022_011252.jpg

rowie343

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2009
victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Lol. UNICEF must be making a shitload of money on mark ups then. This from a source you would be comfortable with:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/07/...Hurts.html?referer=https://www.google.com.au/

So what happened in 1986 in the states? The National childhood Vaccine injury act was enacted. And the follow on from that in 1990??? VAERS or vaccine adverse event reporting system was setup. What did VAERS do? Essentially it shifted all liability of ALL adverse vaccine reactions from manufacturers and the industry onto the government. Guess who foots the bill in cases of compensation? The taxpayer! What does this initiate? A flood of vaccines onto market, a massive push to get onto market. Why? I'm sure you can come to your own conclusions.
But to say that the vaccine industry is non or low profit, please.
Find out the CDCs price list of each and every vaccine. This info is readily available. The CDC has a massive vested interest in vaccine production and sales. You really believe it's got nothing to do with profits?

_jrtp09_

All Australian
May 14, 2014
Doing the laundry
AFL Club
Richmond

They’re misrepresenting the product and people have an issue with being treated like idiots.

William Wonka

May 28, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Lol. UNICEF must be making a shitload of money on mark ups then. This from a source you would be comfortable with:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/07/...Hurts.html?referer=https://www.google.com.au/

So what happened in 1986 in the states? The National childhood Vaccine injury act was enacted. And the follow on from that in 1990??? VAERS or vaccine adverse event reporting system was setup. What did VAERS do? Essentially it shifted all liability of ALL adverse vaccine reactions from manufacturers and the industry onto the government. Guess who foots the bill in cases of compensation? The taxpayer! What does this initiate? A flood of vaccines onto market, a massive push to get onto market. Why? I'm sure you can come to your own conclusions.
Find out the CDCs price list of each and every vaccine. This info is readily available. The CDC has a massive vested interest in vaccine production and sales. You really believe it's got nothing to do with profits?
Of course drug companies price gouge wherever they can, Im not disputing this- Im just saying vaccines are not an area that they have traditionally made a mint off compared to other ways they have off ripping off customers.
VAERS is kinda proof that adverse reactions (which do happen, I admit- however not even close to what occurs with a lot of common OTC drugs) are relatively rare.

Long Live HFC

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
this post is beyond hilarious! claims that vaccines are a major money-earner, then points out that they weren't worth the costs of legal liability :drunk:

In fact, vaccines were so unprofitable that some companies stopped making them altogether. In 1967, there were 26 vaccine manufactures. That number dropped to 17 by 1980. Ten years ago, the financial incentives to produce vaccines were so weak that there was growing concern that pharmaceutical companies were abandoning the vaccine business for selling more-profitable daily drug treatments. Compared with drugs that require daily doses, vaccines are only administered once a year or a lifetime. The pharmaceutical company Wyeth (which has since been acquired by Pfizer) reported that they stopped making the flu vaccine because the margins were so low.

“Historically vaccines were produced at a relatively low price and sold with a low profit margin. They were add-ons to other products—mostly drugs—that pharmaceutical manufacturers were producing," explains Neal Halsey, professor of pediatric infectious diseases and international health at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. "The people working in vaccines described themselves as the stepchild of others, and they had to fight hard for the resources to develop new vaccines.”

Day 845: Vaccinated child still not autistic. Hasn't died of polio, MMR or the flu. Every child we know is in the same position. Still too early to tell...
You are just falling for the MSM/big pharma nexus. Get woke!

Mar 8, 2007
Sweep shots don't count
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
probably
I can honestly never keep up with who is actually anti-vax.

Is it the far right anti-intellectia or inner-city hipster sheltered-world mums?

Or even the anti-establishment second-generation inner-city gentrification of northern-NSW coastal regional area say-no-to-fluoride-and-also-modern-dental-health crew?

I guess the only strong thread which runs between them all is all no-holds-barred embrace of ignorance.

Can’t wait for them to all complain when thier tax dollars are paying for the resulting health crisis.

Back