Science/Environment Anti-vacc Crazies at it again. Post appropriate outrage ITT

Clubs are trumps

All Australian
Mar 23, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
It might be news to you that there is a world wide shortage of IC Nurses. Guess why?
Mate i work at the hospital i mentioned in my post above. Im giving an insight into whats happening. I watched my ex struggle to get employment as a nurse after graduating here during the outbreak of the pandemic, simply because she was born in Nepal. If you're going to ask a condescending sarcastic question you can cram it.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
No - I got caught procrastinating as i've been so busy at work, only for my kids to bring it home to me.

Have a look at the research around flu vaccine efficacy. it's not very effective and there's evidence that it has a negative effect.

There's too many simplistic arguments. Don't be pro-vacc or anti-vacc. Try to evaluate the evidence.

Jul 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons/Winnipeg Jets
No - I got caught procrastinating as i've been so busy at work, only for my kids to bring it home to me.
Did your kids have the vaccine?
Have a look at the research around flu vaccine efficacy. it's not very effective and there's evidence that it has a negative effect.

There's too many simplistic arguments. Don't be pro-vacc or anti-vacc. Try to evaluate the evidence.
Its just, I have never had a flu vacc and my mum is a GP and never told me to get one.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Is this years flu season being over reported?

Never seen so much flu vacc propaganda

Had my shot. Haven't had the flu. Science wins again.

Feb 21, 2002
Hawaii
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Is this years flu season being over reported?

Never seen so much flu vacc propaganda

Well done. Not many pick up on this mass propaganda in the MSM.

Particularly bad in the Fairfax err Nine papers and the ABC.

Saw a corker last winter. Long and pretty good article about bird flu and what would happen if it completes its final mutations to be more human friendly. Painted a bleak picture which is fair enough and then suddenly there at the end was "Make sure you get your flu shot"

A seasonal flu vax is about as useful and relevant to bird flu as it is to ebola.

Feb 21, 2002
Hawaii
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Really interesting article from the SMH about the cultural problem in addressing antivax sentiment in northern NSW.

https://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/he...xer-capital-of-australia-20190603-p51txe.html

Another view of the author of that piece

EDIT: Interesting censorship - who gets to put the "FAKE NEWS" labels on things?

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Another view of the author of that piece

EDIT: Interesting censorship - who gets to put the "FAKE NEWS" labels on things?
Those people didn't come across well in that article.

Why would they expect or should they expect their opinions to be fully represented in a 1500 word article?

Rusty Brookes

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 9, 2001
Preston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn, Manningham Cobras
Let me guess... the Division of Cooper (formerly Batman)

Nope. Inner city areas with high socio-economic profiles tend to be the worst.

There was an issue in Brunswick which lead to an outbreak of measles - the rate was 91% at the time, now up to 97% on the latest info I can find.

Victoria overall above the Australia average.

Feb 21, 2002
Hawaii
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Special showing of the excellent vax movie The Greater Good available until Tuesday afternoon

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yep agreed, not vaccinating your kids is incredibly stupid. But you guys act as hysterical as the anti vacc lobby. Dismissing parents as stupid, crazy and looking for something to blame because they claim their child developed autism as a result of vaccinations is flippant and ignorant given the amount of cases that exist.
Well considering that my child might get a serious illness from an unvaccinated child, I think it’s well within my rights to accuse them of such.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Great way to completely ignore potential beneficial and relevant findings. This attitude is disturbing. Robust debate, analysis and study must be taken on both sides of any issue to determine truth especially in science and medicine.
Robust debate? You’re kidding me. That’s just giving conspiracy theorists more of a voice. I’ve been vaccinated my whole life as have my kids and we have absolutely no underlying issues whatsoever. And no serious illnesses.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Have had flu vaccinations all my life. Been in contact with people who have had it. Never once had the flu. Am also fit and healthy. Makes complete sense to get it done.

I've never had a flu vaccine. Never once had the flu. Am also fit and healthy. But we should not rely on anecdotal evidence. Have you looked into the research on flu vaccine efficacy?

Back