Science/Environment Anti-vacc Crazies at it again. Post appropriate outrage ITT

Remove this Banner Ad

Clubs are trumps

All Australian
Mar 23, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
It might be news to you that there is a world wide shortage of IC Nurses. Guess why?
Mate i work at the hospital i mentioned in my post above. Im giving an insight into whats happening. I watched my ex struggle to get employment as a nurse after graduating here during the outbreak of the pandemic, simply because she was born in Nepal. If you're going to ask a condescending sarcastic question you can cram it.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Yoinked from quora: 

You all want to know something funny? My wife is a smart gal. She is a scientist and a chemist at heart and her understanding of sciences is advanced. She is the STEM half of our marriage while I am the humanities half.

My brother-in-law (her brother), Billy, is the antithesis of my wife. He became like a hardened Trump supporter a few years back and then he dove in Q-Anon. In the last 6 months, we discovered that

He is an anti-vaxer that thinks Bill Gates is injecting us with microchips
He is a Q-Anon 9/11 truther that follows Alex Jones (not for the memes either)
He is a flat earther
I lost my s**t when I found out he was a flat earther.

So me, trying to be a good brother decides to convince him he is wrong. It's easy to do- the evidence for round earth is overwhelming and there is literally no evidence of a flat earth.

I found some interesting things in this discussion though.

Billy tried to debate me at first- it went poorly. I was able to produce immediate evidence to support my position while he literally could produce nothing.

He kept saying “I’ve seen papers from experts” but he could not produce or find 1 paper. All his “sources” were the Globebusters YouTube channel and I was able to debunk each video.

The next day we found him even more hardened in his position and angry at me for being a know-it-all. This was about my last straw with him. Ever since then I have kinda been done engaging with the guy.

He’s a construction worker who thinks he knows more than scientists- it drives me nuts.

But then I realized something, it's not about logic at all. I thought he was just an idiot mislead by bad information, but if that was the case he’d wisen up in the face of facts. Yet he didn’t.

Billy is something of a failure- bounding from mistake to mistake in life. Being a flat earther and a conspiracy theorist allows him to lord over everyone as the “enlightened”.

In the real world, he is a very small fish in a very large pond- and his ego will just not allow that. However in this weird world of conspiracies and hidden knowledge he is “smart” according to the other followers of this stupid movement. Suddenly he is a bigger fish in a smaller pond and he will do ANYTHING to protect that pond.

Billy isn’t defending the flat earth lie- he is defending his ego. It's not an issue of truth, it's an issue of low self-esteem.

If I took Billy to space he would say I installed TV screens in the windows or that it's some mass delusion. He would deny it because his priority is to protect his fragile ego.

Even if I somehow convinced him to believe his own eyes (which is ironic because the strongest flat earth point is that “it looks flat”) it would change nothing. The other flat earthers would just say I bought him off.

You cannot debate or argue with a flat earther. These are people that

Externalize blame. If they are late to work they will say “traffic was bad” or “construction stopped me” instead of “I overslept”. These people find it a lot easier to blame everyone else for their failures.
Lack any and all background in the sciences. Anyone with even a surface level education can prove the earth is round- it's not hard
Are desperate to belong to something
Have the ego of an academic- relishing in the myth of their own intelligence, yet they have done nothing to actually earn that ego. They never went to school or tried to seriously study anything. So niche groups like this are perfect for them- they can act like big shot academics and get respect from other lost idiots and it fulfills their need to be considered “smart”.
Have failed in many areas of their life. They are generally the worst among us, those without accomplishment or merit. Being one of the “enlightened” allows them to lord over everyone.

Freakin nutter...

Quarter of a million for that *******. People just handed it over.

Half a million for that knobjockey Buckley to pay 'legal fees'. Just threw it at him.

These anti-vaxxers just love handing over their hard earned.

Might post an outrageously misinformed video of me spruiking rubbish on YT. Could do with a spare hundred grand or so.
do it. You might even be safe from prosecution as "no reasonable person could believe the claims you are making are true and are clearly parody"

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Healthcare is a human right even if you're a f***ing idiot. This could set a potentially very nasty precedent and one certain interest groups the world over would view with interest; who can you deny care to next that that might not being all they can for their own health? It's what you'd expect from a country trying to execute those with intellectual disabilities.

Healthcare is a human right even if you're a f***ing idiot. This could set a potentially very nasty precedent and one certain interest groups the world over would view with interest; who can you deny care to next that that might not being all they can for their own health? It's what you'd expect from a country trying to execute those with intellectual disabilities.
I'm not sure how Singapore usually structure their medical care (as in do they have system like ours where you don't expect out of pocket for emergency/ public hospital vs a US user pays system). I doubt that comes here, unless in the form of a higher medicare levy for not being vaccinated - I wouldn't expect this.

Its not really, we are spoilt in Australia.
But within the framework of the system they have in place , you are correct.

Charging an anti-vaccer for covid treatment in an otherwise free system is akin to charging cancer patients who smoked, car accident vicims who were speeding or drunk. Obese heart attack victims. Drug overdoses victims of course.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Charging an anti-vaccer for covid treatment in an otherwise free system is akin to charging cancer patients who smoked, car accident vicims who were speeding or drunk. Obese heart attack victims. Drug overdoses victims of course.

No-one should be denied care because of their own bad choices - that's why the health system exists.

If you are suggesting that people should pay a premium as a result of their risky behaviour, isn't that how insurance works?

Its not really, we are spoilt in Australia.
But within the framework of the system they have in place , you are correct.

It appears from the link that Singapore has a user pays (american) style system which government decided to exempt covid treatment (? in order to encourage the sick to be in hospital/ treated and known as opposed to in community spreading/ suffering)

Clubs are trumps

All Australian
Mar 23, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyone who doesnt want the vaccine shouldn't be labelled selfish or anti-vax. Im pro-choice everything when it comes to your own body:

Euthansia- anyone fatally ill suffering terrible pain should be allowed to end their misery.
Abortion- anyone who has an accidental pregnancy, is raped, or discovers their foetus has diseases/abnormalities should be allowed to abort
Transition- feel like youre in the wrong body and would be mentally and emotionally better off changing gender, go for it.
Vaccines- dont want a jab in the arm for a specific vaccine for whatever reason, you shouldnt be forced to have it.

Personally i had my 2nd jab back in April. But the 3 people at my work that have decided against having it i dont harbour ill will towards them or think less of them. Their body, their choice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RW

Cancelled
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
I agree that no-one should be forced to take the vaccine. But our choices do have consequences, not just for ourselves but for those around us...

Anyone who doesnt want the vaccine shouldn't be labelled selfish or anti-vax. Im pro-choice everything when it comes to your own body:

Euthansia- anyone fatally ill suffering terrible pain should be allowed to end their misery.
Abortion- anyone who has an accidental pregnancy, is raped, or discovers their foetus has diseases/abnormalities should be allowed to abort
Transition- feel like youre in the wrong body and would be mentally and emotionally better off changing gender, go for it.
Vaccines- dont want a jab in the arm for a specific vaccine for whatever reason, you shouldnt be forced to have it.

Personally i had my 2nd jab back in April. But the 3 people at my work that have decided against having it i dont harbour ill will towards them or think less of them. Their body, their choice.

If all three come in physical contact, then they are danger to "each other". Also you could contract it and transmit it to other people in your life.
There is a real lack of understanding regarding the communal over personal issues in this pandemic.
Those crying out about their personal freedom's aren't understanding why they are held in contempt.

Me me me = Selfish.

Last edited:
That antivaxer bloke who sneaked
concern for me is how much the unvax will clog up hospital system. Currently my hospital has 7 ICU beds open (due to staffing issues) 6 are occupied by unvaccinated covid patients.
Go in and tell them that due to staff having to isolate through being in contact with unvaccinated patients, there's no one left to take care of them.

RW

Cancelled
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Why would you think i was suggesting it?

Oh, I didn't think that, I was responding more to the article about billing unvaccinated patients, as it might set a precedent...

That antivaxer bloke who sneaked

Go in and tell them that due to staff having to isolate through being in contact with unvaccinated patients, there's no one left to take care of them.
Ethically we cannot just pull the ETT and let them die (much as some posters would seem to want)

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle

The first 3 don’t create increased public health risk for the rest of us.

What I’m seeing & hearing from AV crew is they want choices about being vaccinated but aren’t willing to accept consequences. It’s always been the fact that if you wanted to travel certain places it was mandatory to get vaccinated. They want to remain unvaccinated yet have all the freedoms of vaccinated people.
They claim they are being forced by vaccine m as mandates to get the shot. Not so.

Stay unvaxed but don’t bitch cause you can’t get on a plane.

A friend trying to get work as a driver advertised her fully vax status on FB recently. One of her friends replied to her that her vax status was none of her business & she believes in choice & then preceded to go on a full conspiracy theory rant implying her friend is stupid & continually asking - do you see it? Are you getting it?

There’s no reasoning with these people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ethically we cannot just pull the ETT and let them die (much as some posters would seem to want)

Of course not, but if/when capacity is reached, surely the grizzly triage decisions will need to be made based on who has the greatest chances of being saved.

Clubs are trumps

All Australian
Mar 23, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
If all three come in physical contact, then they are danger to "each other". Also you could contract it and transmit it to other people in your life.
There is a real lack of understanding regarding the communal over personal issues in this pandemic.
Those crying out about their personal freedom's aren't understanding why they are held in contempt.

Me me me = Selfish.
You can transmit covid19 even after being vaccinated. The benefit of everyone having the jabs is that less people will need an ICU bed, and hospital resources wont be overwhelmed.

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
That is what may happen yes.

How workable is it be to quickly shift someone out of an ICU bed to make way for someone else, mate? Problematic logistically? Ethical considerations still apply there too I suppose.

Was thinking about it, I'm not down with charging unvaxxed but if hospitals do happen to reach ICU capacity it does kinda make sense that vaccinated get the beds. I see it as different from things like smoking/obesity related treatment as those things are generally not driving bed shortages.

Just unsure how it'd actually be implemented in practice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back