Covid-19 Antivaxxers, extremism and the Coalition

Remove this Banner Ad

Crankyhawk

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just one of the hospitals in WA has had over 100 code yellows, which are internal issues, in the last 12 months. No covid.
Code brown is an external emergency.

The hospitals control group are also under such intense pressure, no covid. Maybe the issue is something else?
From vic hospital experience code yellow was sometimes also used as “hospital full please prioritise discharge”. My limited understanding is that WA hospitals are closer to full capacity more of the time (slower ambulance offload etc)

Crankyhawk

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Anybody got any pics of Dans doctors who gave Novax his pass?

Or are we just ignoring that sad little fact like Dans sheep are so great at doing?
Huh? All they were asked to assess is whether it met the vic guidelines for temporary exemption to vaccination mandates (which the positive covid test would). Not their role to backstop border force.
The issue is incompetence at border force/ immigration end. Another example I can give is a friend is having a relative (fully vaccinated) come from overseas. The visa application asks for your exemption number (as if you aren’t a citizen you need an exemption to come into Australia now - probably a hangover from covid zero days). The exemption form asks for the visa number.
Circular stupidity.
(Btw you break circle by making up a number for the exemption)

SaintsSeptember

Hall of Famer
Mar 19, 2008
Narre Warren North
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Huh? All they were asked to assess is whether it met the vic guidelines for temporary exemption to vaccination mandates (which the positive covid test would). Not their role to backstop border force.
The issue is incompetence at border force/ immigration end. Another example I can give is a friend is having a relative (fully vaccinated) come from overseas. The visa application asks for your exemption number (as if you aren’t a citizen you need an exemption to come into Australia now - probably a hangover from covid zero days). The exemption form asks for the visa number.
Circular stupidity.
(Btw you break circle by making up a number for the exemption)

My wife and daughter had to rush to New Zealand when my mother in law , on a Cruise Ship ( before Covid, barely ), when she had a medical issue.

My daughter didn't have a current passport.
They had a process where a passport could be renewed very quickly in the case of a medical emergency , so no problem. Wrong.
In order to have the priority processing done , you needed to be able to provide the flight number , carrier and date you were travelling.

So you had to have absolute faith in them processing the passport fast enough, or risk booking a flight you couldn't use.

In this case it was NZ , so only a few hundred dollars, and the passport did in fact come through. But hell, they really don't consider the logical way to do things.

Taylor

Community Leader
Jul 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
From vic hospital experience code yellow was sometimes also used as “hospital full please prioritise discharge”. My limited understanding is that WA hospitals are closer to full capacity more of the time (slower ambulance offload etc)
There isn't enough staff to open enough ward beds to move people out of the ER dept so the ER fills up and ambulances need to be turned away

Crankyhawk

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
There isn't enough staff to open enough ward beds to move people out of the ER dept so the ER fills up and ambulances need to be turned away
Not familiar with that in my hospital the ambulances just sit and wait, sometimes they hand over to other crews (one crew might look after 4 patients) putting the othe 3 back on the road

Taylor

Community Leader
Jul 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not familiar with that in my hospital the ambulances just sit and wait, sometimes they hand over to other crews (one crew might look after 4 patients) putting the othe 3 back on the road
We call that ramping here and the yellow is called when they are already ramped too much. There's been periods where there hasn't been ambulances in service due to it.

This was an issue prior to covid and will be when covid arrives too

Roby

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
My wife and daughter had to rush to New Zealand when my mother in law , on a Cruise Ship ( before Covid, barely ), when she had a medical issue.

My daughter didn't have a current passport.
They had a process where a passport could be renewed very quickly in the case of a medical emergency , so no problem. Wrong.
In order to have the priority processing done , you needed to be able to provide the flight number , carrier and date you were travelling.

So you had to have absolute faith in them processing the passport fast enough, or risk booking a flight you couldn't use.

In this case it was NZ , so only a few hundred dollars, and the passport did in fact come through. But hell, they really don't consider the logical way to do things.

It's pretty much being the problem wherever you go in the world the last couple of years. Whenever I've booked flights and accommodation, I felt like I was playing border immigration roulette with big bets. Luckily I haven't to cancel any of them.

Crankyhawk

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We call that ramping here and the yellow is called when they are already ramped too much. There's been periods where there hasn't been ambulances in service due to it.

This was an issue prior to covid and will be when covid arrives too
Will be worse with covid due to respiratory precautions etc. pre pandemic if we had full ED nursing (most days or just 1-2 down) we would aggressively offload ambulances to waiting room. And could do it generally safely.
But with airborne virus precautions we had to split staff areas in the ED, ran out of places to offload to, can’t offload those needing oxygen, and nursing sick leave running between 6-10 per shift (normally 25 nurses)

prophetic1

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2013
b
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
South east Melb. PHOENIX
i've been isolated of late, getting over some ''Emotional Damage" but has anyone headlined him as 'NOVAXX JERKERVICH'!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad