Covid-19 Antivaxxers, extremism and the Coalition

Remove this Banner Ad

You mean his claim about Kitching, or Shane Warne? Coz Kitching hadn't reported having ever had COVID, which is what upset her family, but Shane Warne had had it twice.
I haven't read his apology so I don't know anything about Kitching.

I haven't read his apology so I don't know anything about Kitching.
My understanding of the story so far-

-Kitching died of a heart attack aged 52, and Shane Warne is widely believed to have died from a heart attack at 52.

-A significant recent study strongly suggests a link between COVID and heart attacks/stroke.

-It is well known that Shane Warne had twice had COVID.

-There is no record of Kitching having had COVID.

-Commenting on the recent report, Dr Norman Swan linked it to the recent deaths of Warne, and also mistakenly to Kitching.

-Kitching’s family were upset (I personally can’t see it’s that much of a faux pas, but considering the politicisation of her death, her family are probably sick to the back teeth of misinformation being spread about her, and had every right to complain.)

No such complaint has come from Warne’s family, quite possibly for the bleeding obvious reason that it is common knowledge that he had had COVID.

-Swan unreservedly apologised to Kitching’s family, but not to Warne’s.

-Warne’s former manager, with no leg to stand on whatsoever, comes out swinging and says Swan should keep his nose out of other people’s business, choosing to ignore the public facts about Shane Warne.

-Nine publish the article I linked which tries very hard to not make any distinction between Kitching and Warne at all, even though there is a big difference between the two situations.

appears a global leader for this motley crew of happy clappers, 'jesus is my vaccine' nutters, non faith-aligned anti-vax health zealots, anti-govt militia weirdos, sov cits, conspiracy theorists and cookers is emerging

appears a global leader for this motley crew of happy clappers, 'jesus is my vaccine' nutters, non faith-aligned anti-vax health zealots, anti-govt militia weirdos, sov cits, conspiracy theorists and cookers is emerging

Its not new,

Hemorrhagic_smallpox_2_%28cropped%29.jpg

Likely hemorrhagic smallpox during a 1925 Milwaukee, Wisconsin epidemic in a patient who later died. Patient described as an unvaccinated Christian Scientist, who "thought that he could by power of mind prevent smallpox.

------------------------------------------------------------
100 years later , and they are still on the same bullshit.
Of course when something like this happened , the others would tut-tut that the victim clearly didn't have enough faith.

This is weird.

It’s well established that COVID can be a factor in heart conditions.

Swan was right to apologise to Kimberley Kitching’s family, because he’s been under the mistaken belief that she had had COVID.

But it’s pretty well known that Shane Warne had had the virus, twice.

Why should he feel he has to apologise to Warne’s family as well?

Is this just about the unimpeachable memory of an Aussie sporting icon?

Or is there something else going on here?

If so, any thoughts on what?

Insensitivity?

Victorian Libs now going full "stop the steal" and with a candidate demanding the election be postponed.

Couldn't make this stuff up.
Surely there are ways of getting rid of people like, everyone in the Liberal party.
If Dan is such a bad campaigner he would have done this already, no?

The fact that the Libs are allowed to live is proof Dan ain't as bad as they claim.

I would have called the "flick man" in by now and the dumb campaigners would all be in urns.

-Kitching’s family were upset (I personally can’t see it’s that much of a faux pas, but considering the politicisation of her death, her family are probably sick to the back teeth of misinformation being spread about her, and had every right to complain.)

No such complaint has come from Warne’s family, quite possibly for the bleeding obvious reason that it is common knowledge that he had had COVID.

-Swan unreservedly apologised to Kitching’s family, but not to Warne’s.
Sounds pretty standard. Mistakes get made.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it is a huge huge concern that a major state branch of one Australia's teo major political parties was cozying up to these kinds of people.

Likewise the ongoing media coverage that encourages this behaviour.

I believe (as I mentioned in the OP) the term is stochastic terrorism.

So it looks like the Queensland shooters were SovCit cookers.

A huge concern that these people are escalating their violence.
Seems as though the ex-school Principal became radicalised after he lost his job for refusing to take the covid vax? That's my reading anyway, his brother probably already down that path.

I think it is a huge huge concern that a major state branch of one Australia's teo major political parties was cozying up to these kinds of people.

Likewise the ongoing media coverage that encourages this behaviour.

I believe (as I mentioned in the OP) the term is stochastic terrorism.
Don't forget that Dutton and Hastie have come out equating the dangers of right wing extremism with left wing extremism.

Gerard Rennick, Qld LNP Senator and conspiracy nutter, put up a brief RIP post on Facebook regarding the shooting.

Rennick’s page limited the comments on the posts and it looks as if a lot have been deleted. No doubt they’re just smart enough to know that the inevitable 100s of comments on that post along the lines of “those p*cks got what they deserved” and “I stand with the freedom heroes” would look bad for the man and the party. So for the first time ever Mr “I’m all about free speech” is deleting comments on his page that make him look bad.

Gerard Rennick, Qld LNP Senator and conspiracy nutter, put up a brief RIP post on Facebook regarding the shooting.

Rennick’s page limited the comments on the posts and it looks as if a lot have been deleted. No doubt they’re just smart enough to know that the inevitable 100s of comments on that post along the lines of “those p*cks got what they deserved” and “I stand with the freedom heroes” would look bad for the man and the party. So for the first time ever Mr “I’m all about free speech” is deleting comments on his page that make him look bad.
The toe rag, wife beating criminal little Avi Yemini had the same fake sympathy post on his twitter.

The toe rag, wife beating criminal little Avi Yemini had the same fake sympathy post on his twitter.
Yeah although some get on to call them out there’s a lot of cookers commenting, damn they can barely contain their glee.

If this were Muslims there’d be no knock AFP raids at 2 dozen mosques tomorrow. When it’s “freedom loving Aussies” they get gushing praise (check out the articles saying how awesome the principal was).

Yeah although some get on to call them out there’s a lot of cookers commenting, damn they can barely contain their glee.

If this were Muslims there’d be no knock AFP raids at 2 dozen mosques tomorrow. When it’s “freedom loving Aussies” they get gushing praise (check out the articles saying how awesome the principal was).

The *head stokes the kind of hatred that causes nut jobs to do nut job things like this, and then posts a sympathy note for the cops he’s indirectly had a hand in killing? He can GTFO.

The term typically reserved for some of the behaviour we are seeing is stochastic terrorism.

For months elements of the party have been fanning the flames online.

Now we've had both Federal and State MPs attend and speak at antivaxxer protests attended by known neo-Nazis, where threats and death chants were leveled at public figures, while gallows were erected and nooses hung.

Inflammatory rhetoric, comparing mandates to apartheid and pandemic legislation to Nazis.

Just today the Australian Primeminister sympathised with these elements, yet a state premier in Mark McGowan had to shut down his office due to death and rape threats levelled at staff. Likewise, violent and armed rightwing extremists were arrested in Victoria for making credible threats against the lives of politicians.

It seems that they are hellbent on encouraging a Joe Cox or Jan 6th style event, the question is, will the media call them out for it and will the public punish them at the polls.

View attachment 1282774

At what point does courting extremists or encouraging extremists, make you the party of extremism? Cynicism isn't an excuse.
Chickens have come home to roost. Predictable really.
Coalition are prepared to encourage the far-right nutter vote and should be held accountable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back