Covid-19 Antivaxxers, extremism and the Coalition

Remove this Banner Ad

This deranged and deluded belief that the military will join with them seems to be the cookers latest crap šŸ¤Ŗ .

Just like the cookers in the US, they are obsessed with the military being on their side, just like all fascists

This deranged and deluded belief that the military will join with them seems to be the cookers latest crap šŸ¤Ŗ .

Look there are a lot of people with uniforms and guns that align with them politically, there's a lot of overlap but what they forget is the ones with the uniform have worked out how they have power within the system and they are unlikely to revolt

What a sh*tstorm this "discussion" is

Some despicable rogue nutters murder police, and this is Peter Dutton's fault.

I suppose the antifa mobs terrorising Victoria 5 or 6 years ago were because of Adam Bandt.
Yeah and thatā€™s absolutely a direct equivalent isnā€™t it. Comparing things getting out of hand at a public rally to the cold blooded ambush of two police officers. FMD.

Yeah and thatā€™s absolutely a direct equivalent isnā€™t it. Comparing things getting out of hand at a public rally to the cold blooded ambush of two police officers. FMD.
That wasn't the point of the comment. You're smart enough to realise that.

The point was Dutton isn't responsible and neither was Bandt. Macro forces at play.

That wasn't the point of the comment. You're smart enough to realise that.

The point was Dutton isn't responsible and neither was Bandt. Macro forces at play.
I realise it wasnā€™t the point but it was a seriously clueless way to make it.

And I donā€™t agree at all that one would reasonably lump Bandt and Dutton.

One has used sensible language and cleaved always to known truth and science, the other has used inflammatory language and fabricated crises with no grounding in fact.

One has used sensible language and cleaved always to known truth and science, the other has used inflammatory language and fabricated crises with no grounding in fact.
Both have some ideological views that would sit closer towards the extremes of Australian society than the middle. Views that could be misconstrued by impressionable activists or bad faith actors.

Both have some ideological views that would sit closer towards the extremes of Australian society than the middle. Views that could be misconstrued by impressionable activists or bad faith actors.
yet you claim Renee heath holds views that are not close to extremes, that they are "normal"... I'm not seeing the differentiation between Heath and Dutton

So when was Bandt Home Affairs minister?
Dutton was in a role where people like the Trains should have been on his radar.
But that didn't stop him or the party he is a member of ramp up the kind of rhetoric that encourages these people.
He's not leader and he's not stopping his own party members from continuing to do this either.

Don't recall the greens having a similar issue for Brandt to not deal with.

Your both sides argument holds no water in this case

I think the May election showed that Adam Bandt's views are becoming increasingly accepted as mainstream.

Facts and science as a platform. Who'd a thought?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is so much poor logic in this article you could use it in an undergraduate philosophy course for identifying logical fallacies.
My favourite parts are when the immediate paragraph completely contradicts something he had just said. I know the bar is low at Sky but * me sideways this is just pathetic.

My favourite parts are when the immediate paragraph completely contradicts something he had just said. I know the bar is low at Sky but * me sideways this is just pathetic.
It has me wondering, are these people even journalists? If they are what on earth do they teach people in journalism courses?
Surely learning the rules of logic and how to construct a basic argument that follows basic premises when writing would be part of it?
Do they just beat that stuff out of them when you go work for Murdoch or are they poorly trained to start with?
I mean Andrew Bolt would be possibly the worst writer I have ever come across that gets paid to write for what used to be considered serious journals.

It has me wondering, are these people even journalists? If they are what on earth do they teach people in journalism courses?
Surely learning the rules of logic and how to construct a basic argument that follows basic premises when writing would be part of it?
Do they just beat that stuff out of them when you go work for Murdoch or are they poorly trained to start with?
I mean Andrew Bolt would be possibly the worst writer I have ever come across that gets paid to write for what used to be considered serious journals.
Well turns out ol Rocco is a lawyer. So it explains his horrid writing and Mofra said he's an IPA stooge earlier so it explains this articles content and the content of his previous articles. Although being a lawyer you'd expect a coherent argument where he wouldn't contradict himself so much.

In short Rocco isn't to be taken seriously, but the tone of his writing is concerning considering this is the style that is so popular within right wing media.

Well turns out ol Rocco is a lawyer. So it explains his horrid writing and Mofra said he's an IPA stooge earlier so it explains this articles content and the content of his previous articles. Although being a lawyer you'd expect a coherent argument where he wouldn't contradict himself so much.

In short Rocco isn't to be taken seriously, but the tone of his writing is concerning considering this is the style that is so popular within right wing media.

These ramblings aren't designed for people with intelligence. It's "our side good, other side evil" and that's the extent of it.

Funny how the people who cried the loudest that every violent attack committed by someone of Arabic or Middle Eastern background HAD to be motivated by Islam are now decrying the Wiembilla murders were not motivated by Christianity..... despite the murderers writing in their diaries that they were 100% motivated by "Premillennialism" as described in the Book of Revelations:

And it furthers their "War on Christians" campaign. Have they realised Australia is not the US? We aren't as religious.

So we had neo-Nazi and antivaxxer/cooker anti-LGBTQ+ protesters hanging out together in Melbourne today, protected by a line of police.

All about freedom and rights and what not, eh?

Great that the state opposition spent a couple of years consorting with these types.

VicPol doing their best as usual, to act like a private security force for Nazis.

police probably trying to deescalate (fear that Meddick could provoke the neo nazis/ freedumbers into trying to zerg rush and assault Meddick) but it seemed unnecessary to push Meddick's arm (maybe the cop thought it was in his personal space?)

police probably trying to deescalate (fear that Meddick could provoke the neo nazis/ freedumbers into trying to zerg rush and assault Meddick) but it seemed unnecessary to push Meddick's arm (maybe the cop thought it was in his personal space?)
They didn't do anything to move on the Nazis present, even when they were screaming abuse or doing the Roman salute.

BTW, Liberal MP Moira Deeming was involved in the hateful mess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back