Covid-19 Antivaxxers, extremism and the Coalition

Remove this Banner Ad

Anybody got any pics of Dans doctors who gave Novax his pass?

Or are we just ignoring that sad little fact like Dans sheep are so great at doing?

Just one of the hospitals in WA has had over 100 code yellows, which are internal issues, in the last 12 months. No covid.
Code brown is an external emergency.

The hospitals control group are also under such intense pressure, no covid. Maybe the issue is something else?
From vic hospital experience code yellow was sometimes also used as “hospital full please prioritise discharge”. My limited understanding is that WA hospitals are closer to full capacity more of the time (slower ambulance offload etc)

Or are we just ignoring that sad little fact like Dans sheep are so great at doing?
Huh? All they were asked to assess is whether it met the vic guidelines for temporary exemption to vaccination mandates (which the positive covid test would). Not their role to backstop border force.
The issue is incompetence at border force/ immigration end. Another example I can give is a friend is having a relative (fully vaccinated) come from overseas. The visa application asks for your exemption number (as if you aren’t a citizen you need an exemption to come into Australia now - probably a hangover from covid zero days). The exemption form asks for the visa number.
Circular stupidity.
(Btw you break circle by making up a number for the exemption)

Huh? All they were asked to assess is whether it met the vic guidelines for temporary exemption to vaccination mandates (which the positive covid test would). Not their role to backstop border force.
The issue is incompetence at border force/ immigration end. Another example I can give is a friend is having a relative (fully vaccinated) come from overseas. The visa application asks for your exemption number (as if you aren’t a citizen you need an exemption to come into Australia now - probably a hangover from covid zero days). The exemption form asks for the visa number.
Circular stupidity.
(Btw you break circle by making up a number for the exemption)

My wife and daughter had to rush to New Zealand when my mother in law , on a Cruise Ship ( before Covid, barely ), when she had a medical issue.

My daughter didn't have a current passport.
They had a process where a passport could be renewed very quickly in the case of a medical emergency , so no problem. Wrong.
In order to have the priority processing done , you needed to be able to provide the flight number , carrier and date you were travelling.

So you had to have absolute faith in them processing the passport fast enough, or risk booking a flight you couldn't use.

In this case it was NZ , so only a few hundred dollars, and the passport did in fact come through. But hell, they really don't consider the logical way to do things.

One wonders why modern conservatives call themselves, um, conservative. They don't seem to be very good at conserving anything.

From vic hospital experience code yellow was sometimes also used as “hospital full please prioritise discharge”. My limited understanding is that WA hospitals are closer to full capacity more of the time (slower ambulance offload etc)
There isn't enough staff to open enough ward beds to move people out of the ER dept so the ER fills up and ambulances need to be turned away

There isn't enough staff to open enough ward beds to move people out of the ER dept so the ER fills up and ambulances need to be turned away
Not familiar with that in my hospital the ambulances just sit and wait, sometimes they hand over to other crews (one crew might look after 4 patients) putting the othe 3 back on the road

Not familiar with that in my hospital the ambulances just sit and wait, sometimes they hand over to other crews (one crew might look after 4 patients) putting the othe 3 back on the road
We call that ramping here and the yellow is called when they are already ramped too much. There's been periods where there hasn't been ambulances in service due to it.

This was an issue prior to covid and will be when covid arrives too

My wife and daughter had to rush to New Zealand when my mother in law , on a Cruise Ship ( before Covid, barely ), when she had a medical issue.

My daughter didn't have a current passport.
They had a process where a passport could be renewed very quickly in the case of a medical emergency , so no problem. Wrong.
In order to have the priority processing done , you needed to be able to provide the flight number , carrier and date you were travelling.

So you had to have absolute faith in them processing the passport fast enough, or risk booking a flight you couldn't use.

In this case it was NZ , so only a few hundred dollars, and the passport did in fact come through. But hell, they really don't consider the logical way to do things.

It's pretty much being the problem wherever you go in the world the last couple of years. Whenever I've booked flights and accommodation, I felt like I was playing border immigration roulette with big bets. Luckily I haven't to cancel any of them.

We call that ramping here and the yellow is called when they are already ramped too much. There's been periods where there hasn't been ambulances in service due to it.

This was an issue prior to covid and will be when covid arrives too
Will be worse with covid due to respiratory precautions etc. pre pandemic if we had full ED nursing (most days or just 1-2 down) we would aggressively offload ambulances to waiting room. And could do it generally safely.
But with airborne virus precautions we had to split staff areas in the ED, ran out of places to offload to, can’t offload those needing oxygen, and nursing sick leave running between 6-10 per shift (normally 25 nurses)

A Czech folk singer died after she deliberately contracted Covid to obtain a health pass that would have allowed her to visit venues blocked to those without proof of vaccination or recent recovery from an infection, her family has said.
Hana Horka, 57, who was the vocalist for the band Asonance, died on Sunday, according to her son Jan Rek. She had voluntarily exposed herself to the virus when her husband and son, both vaccinated, caught it before Christmas, Rek told public radio iRozhlas.cz.
“She decided to continue to live normally with us and preferred to catch the disease than to get vaccinated,” he said on Monday.
Two days before her death, Horka posted on social media: “I survived … It was intense. So now there will be the theatre, sauna, a concert … and an urgent trip to the sea.”
Proof of vaccination or a recent infection is required to access cultural and sports facilities as well as for travel and for visiting bars and restaurants in the EU member state, which is facing a soaring Covid count.
Rek blamed the death on a local anti-vax movement, saying its leaders had convinced his mother against vaccination and thus had “blood on their hands”.
“I know exactly who influenced her … It makes me sad that she believed strangers more than her proper family,” Rek said.
“It wasn’t just total disinformation but also views on natural immunity and antibodies acquired through infection,” he added.

As 2022 begins, there’s a new year resolution we’d like you to consider. We’d like to invite you to join more than 1.5 million people in 180 countries who have taken the step to support us financially – keeping us open to all, and fiercely independent.

In 2021, this support sustained investigative work into offshore wealth, deaths among gig-economy drivers, spyware, sexual harassment, and the holes in Australia’s environmental protection regulations. Amid the ongoing pandemic, it enabled diligent, fact-checked, authoritative journalism to thrive in an era of falsehood, sensation, hype and breathtaking misinformation and misconception.

Anyone who could be perceived to be opposed to the current government position, whether they have been outspoken about that or not, if the public believe someone is of the opinion counter to that of the government they can have their visa cancelled on being a douche grounds.
Given that I give you a lot of s**t, could you please do me a favour and repost this sentence in a less oblique form? Because I can't work out what you mean by it, and I genuinely think this time that's on me for not understanding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given that I give you a lot of sh*t, could you please do me a favour and repost this sentence in a more oblique form? Because I can't work out what you mean by it, and I genuinely think this time that's on me for not understanding.

I was being hyperbolic but I was basically saying that if it can be suggested that you support a position against the government's policy that someone might suggest could motivate others to cause a civil unrest then there would be grounds to cancel your visa on the douche grounds mentioned prior to me posting that.

The wording of the cancellation was that what his position was believed to be, after admitting to not requesting comment from him on what his position is, might cause people to feel emboldened and that could cause a risk to society. Neither of those needed to be tested to be valid enough to make the executive action legal.

So my hyperbole wasn't to shine a light on the Novak case but to make the point that executive action is dangerous, especially when the threshold for it being a legal use of power is the rumour or innuendo of position and what others might make of that. I much prefer that courts examine cases on their merits and can test presumptions.

I'm not sure that someone actively working for something, who is accused of being against it, would have grounds to not have the visa cancelled on grounds that they are against it - even when it's admitted that the position is assumed. We shouldn't have to rely on the media to bring a case to the public to have executive power used justly.

It's pretty much being the problem wherever you go in the world the last couple of years. Whenever I've booked flights and accommodation, I felt like I was playing border immigration roulette with big bets. Luckily I haven't to cancel any of them.

On Government Bureaucracy.

The corporation i work for wants us to test all employees twice per week.
They offered to air freight us enough test kits to do it.

BUT

The kits they have ( presumably purchased at far less than $15 per hit ) are not on the TGA list.
That's not surprising, our TGA list has a massive 22 approved kits, while there are well over 100 approved kits in Europe.

Now under a state of "emergency" wouldn't it be suitable to accept the results from such backwaters as Germany and France, given that its a swab you stick up your nose , and no real risk to anyone? They will be laughing at our refusing their test kits for that reason. ( For example, the kits we were high sensitivity ones, better than the "acceptable" kits manufactured here ).

The government require that if someone in your workplace acquires Covid , any of their contacts who have symptoms should have a RAT. ( Shouldn't anyone in the workplace with symptoms have a RAT anyway )?
But the government "recommend " that all close contacts ( with or without symptoms ) have a rapid test every day for five days after that contact.

Sorry government , we'd have liked to follow your recommendations, but due to your incompetence we will join the rest of Victoria in actively spreading the Virus. We simply have no choice.

There's no political win in pushing the TGA. The vaccines were a long time waiting for approval, can't speak about it or you're politically exposed to "not wanting safety checks" or "interfering with independent safety checks"

Much easier to complain about supply knowing there are producers here waiting for months.

....and can we get the Xrays of Dan's broken back, we all know it was really a liver replacement for the years he has spent drunk.
And don't get me started on the Grand Jury in that country court

There's no political win in pushing the TGA. The vaccines were a long time waiting for approval, can't speak about it or you're politically exposed to "not wanting safety checks" or "interfering with independent safety checks"

Much easier to complain about supply knowing there are producers here waiting for months.

Vaccines were one thing, but the RAT tests are another.
RAT tests don't involve putting any unknown substances into your bloodstream for starters.

....and can we get the Xrays of Dan's broken back, we all know it was really a liver replacement for the years he has spent drunk.
And don't get me started on the Grand Jury in that country court
and here i was thinken dan was was replaced by jfk post back surgery ..... or have i got me bat$hit crazy QAnon conspiracy theories mixed up?

What are these idiots protesting about now? There are no more restrictions.

I get why the youtube grifters are there but why are these people wasting petrol money driving to Canberra to stand in the heat when they could be in the pub? Are they scared of catching COVID?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back