Covid-19 Antivaxxers, extremism and the Coalition

Remove this Banner Ad

They didn't do anything to move on the Nazis present, even when they were screaming abuse or doing the Roman salute.

BTW, Liberal MP Moira Deeming was involved in the hateful mess.
was the useless POS that is Deeming marching?

Now former Liberal MP
If only Pessuto had done something earlier, you know, when it became abundantly clear she was and transphobe and completely off her rocker.

I'm guess this is damage control after the government has called for her firing or discipline by the opposition on more than one occasion.

Last edited:
If only Pessuto had done something earlier, you know, when it became abundantly clear she was and transphobe and completely off her rocker.

I'm guess this is damage control after the government has called for her firing or discipline by the opposition on more than one occasion.

I think Pesutto had to strike a balance between broad church approach and control over members; so gave her a chance, now that she has broken that chance he can come down on her. Sure, it doesn't convince people who were not already voting LNP, but by giving her that change he strengthens his own internal leadership credentials.

(yes purely politics analysis)

I think Pesutto had to strike a balance between broad church approach and control over members; so gave her a chance, now that she has broken that chance he can come down on her. Sure, it doesn't convince people who were not already voting LNP, but by giving her that change he strengthens his own internal leadership credentials.

(yes purely politics analysis)
But that wasn't her first chance?

But that wasn't her first chance?
I thought it was, in so much as she had argued that she shouldn't be held accountable for the beliefs expressed by her parents or her church (am going off recollection, so happy to be corrected)

she was like this before she got elected, she ran on being like this

she's just getting called out for being too open about her links to nazis
I know that it's unlikely, but boy howdy would it cause a shitstorm if the party room votes against expulsion.

They won't of course, because she will drift even further to the right as an independent in the Senate and everyone else will be looking for them or an ally to be bumped up the ticket.

But still, if any party could * this up, it'd be the Victorian Liberal party.

I know that it's unlikely, but boy howdy would it cause a shitstorm if the party room votes against expulsion.

They won't of course, because she will drift even further to the right as an independent in the Senate and everyone else will be looking for them or an ally to be bumped up the ticket.

The Herald Sun is suggesting the motion will fail by one vote

I'm not sure Deeming should be booted from the party because some Nazis marched past their rally.

Her beliefs haven't changed, and this was known to everybody when she was nominated and the Libs said she wasn't like her parents.

I'm not sure how suddenly realising bigotry is bad is a good excuse to boot her from the party.

How many people actually attended the "Let Women SPeak" rally who were mostly concerned with "letting women speak"?

THere were anti-vax nutjobs, anti-trans people, nazis, but how many people that actually wanted to discuss womens-only spaces without talking negatively about trans people?

I think the answer was near-zero.

I thought it was, in so much as she had argued that she shouldn't be held accountable for the beliefs expressed by her parents or her church (am going off recollection, so happy to be corrected)
That's ok.

Nah, she unfortunately has expressed similar views for a long time.

The email scandal was a great opportunity for Pessuto to cut her loose, but he defended her views, or right to hold them and not be turfed from the party.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure Deeming should be booted from the party because some Nazis marched past their rally.

Her beliefs haven't changed, and this was known to everybody when she was nominated and the Libs said she wasn't like her parents.

I'm not sure how suddenly realising bigotry is bad is a good excuse to boot her from the party.

How many people actually attended the "Let Women SPeak" rally who were mostly concerned with "letting women speak"?

THere were anti-vax nutjobs, anti-trans people, nazis, but how many people that actually wanted to discuss womens-only spaces without talking negatively about trans people?

I think the answer was near-zero.
Can they argue that she has now publicly shown the same views as her parents? Emails are not intended to be public aren’t on the same level as what just happened (I haven’t even seen what her words were this time because of the nazi association, it’s possible that her own words could have been sufficient for censure)

pesutto has really backed himself into a corner here ... as others have noted, her views were already widely known

johnny has now staked his career as leader on a party vote of parliamentary colleagues ... and there is no guarantee they fall in behind him

pesutto has really backed himself into a corner here ... as others have noted, her views were already widely known

johnny has now staked his career as leader on a party vote of parliamentary colleagues ... and there is no guarantee they fall in behind him
Whats the point of being leader of a party which is unelectable because its got people like Deeming in it?

Better to blow it all up than lead an unelectable party, letting Andrews do as he pleases without any opposition.

I may be (actually, there's no may) stupid but I'm at a loss as to why ABC news (on their newsbreakfast channel 24) is uncritically accepting that the neonazis "gatecrashed" the anti trans rally as opposed to being part of its organisation? They are aware of Pesutto's statements that "it would be clear to see that (some) of the organisers had links to neo nazis and attribute those to him.

So surely a more accurate way of reporting would be "antitrans rally with neonazi links" and then run it as LNP MP claims it was gatecrashed but own leader refutes those claims?

FrveUFaagAE-dAe

As predicted, the Victorian Libs could indeed * this up.

Imagine getting the sweet sweet home run of turfing a loon like Deeming on the easy and making Pessuto look like a strong socially progressive leader then going no, it's the Victorian public who are wrong.

lol, lmao even

relevant to the nsw election thread but given the folk pushing it probably thought it best posted here

appears the bosi/guru anti-vax god squad are pushing for an independent panel to verify the election result ......... i can feel a trumpian grift coming on

They are just robbing people at this point.

relevant to the nsw election thread but given the folk pushing it probably thought it best posted here

appears the bosi/guru anti-vax god squad are pushing for an independent panel to verify the election result ......... i can feel a trumpian grift coming on

now is it worth lying to these people (claiming we voted for them) so they go spectacular meltiness?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back