Ants, ants, everywhere!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I wish i had ants. Currently i'm dealing with a massive cockroach invasion courtesy of the bloke who moved in next door and brought them with him :mad:

Haha, yeah my folks (who live in the same suburb as me!!) are dealing with those. Needless to say i havent been around much lately to see my parents. ;)

The only positive is that they aren't the jumbo version.

I'd have moved out by now if they were.

I think i know the ones you mean. Arent they only in America? For some reason i assosiate those with NYC. :D

We have like bush beetles or whatever... but not many at all for them to be a problem. I got the outdoor barrier and that seems to work pretty good. I live in a garage ffs- and have only had a couple of them inside + only one huntsman incident. Not too bad considering. :thumbsu:

I think i know the ones you mean. Arent they only in America? For some reason i assosiate those with NYC. :D

We have like bush beetles or whatever... but not many at all for them to be a problem. I got the outdoor barrier and that seems to work pretty good. I live in a garage ffs- and have only had a couple of them inside + only one huntsman incident. Not too bad considering. :thumbsu:

I wish it were true, but unfortunately I have to deal with those ones at work. I killed one the other day that was the size of a huntsman :eek:

:eek::eek:

Read this in the Herald Sun:

"Residents of a QLD town have likened a catepillar plague to a horror movie. The plague has even forced one woman to put on a full body suit before leaving her house. The caterpillars has hair that cause skin irritation and have been linked to horse miscarriages. Dallas Boothery of Yandaran near Bundaberg said "its like a real like nightmare. I have to put on ths stupid white suit on, disposable overalls and be fully covered from head to toe so i can walk my dog."

:eek::eek:

Read this in the Herald Sun:

"Residents of a QLD town have likened a catepillar plague to a horror movie. The plague has even forced one woman to put on a full body suit before leaving her house. The caterpillars has hair that cause skin irritation and have been linked to horse miscarriages. Dallas Boothery of Yandaran near Bundaberg said "its like a real like nightmare. I have to put on ths stupid white suit on, disposable overalls and be fully covered from head to toe so i can walk my dog."

No protection for the dog?!?

Shell,

It has been awhile since your last ant report - just wondering on how your little friends are coping? :)

7612257_125x125.jpg

I had a tooth out the other day, and in the middle of the night I spat some bloody saliva into the sink and neglected to flush it down. Got up later on in night to get a drink and the whole basin was swarming with ants. Almost a hundred of the little shits!

so - I've read bits n pieces of this thread - can someone following more closely 9or if you've tried all the things there are to try), pls summarise for me - does anything work (or what works best)?

I don't have ants in the house but they've taken over the back yard so sitting anywhere out there means they're nipping at my toes within seconds :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shell,

It has been awhile since your last ant report - just wondering on how your little friends are coping? :)
]

My boyfriend yesterday dignosed my flat as having an ant nest in the wall.

Thats why the ****ing Ant Sand isnt working.

WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END. :mad::mad:

:(

I had a tooth out the other day, and in the middle of the night I spat some bloody saliva into the sink and neglected to flush it down. Got up later on in night to get a drink and the whole basin was swarming with ants. Almost a hundred of the little shits!

They are attracted to anything and everything.

I ate a shepards pie for dinner once, and they were attracted to the scrapings of meat on the plate i left in the sink!!!!!

Oh yeah, and they are ****ing STUPID. They are going into my freezer and just die stright away, 5-10cm in before they can get to the food, LOL.

so - I've read bits n pieces of this thread - can someone following more closely 9or if you've tried all the things there are to try), pls summarise for me - does anything work (or what works best)?
:

Just let them win.

Sorry but its true. :(

i got home and found ants, ants everywhere in my kitchen. i have never seen ants in my home before. must be this hot dry weather? the little buggers were having a meeting in my dishwasher! I needed to run it anyway so the little fockers got washed and scalded with hot soapy water. I wonder where ill find them next.

I remember when I was about 10 there was a hole in the wall the ants kept coming out of, so I put sticky tape over the hole.

They went nuts :D .

If you have a problem try and find the nest and pour boiling water down it.

Piss on them, if that fails go to the supermarket and get that little white bottle with red cap. It is a type of honey that they flock to, then take it back to the nest and spread it. Pitty it has POISON IN IT HAHAHHAHA DIE ANTS AHAHAHAHAH.

Piss on them, if that fails go to the supermarket and get that little white bottle with red cap. It is a type of honey that they flock to, then take it back to the nest and spread it. Pitty it has POISON IN IT HAHAHHAHA DIE ANTS AHAHAHAHAH.

You're our special friend Haywood.

Keep on reaching for that rainbow. :):thumbsu:

Just let them win.

Sorry but its true. :(

Shell,

You started this thread in Dec 06 and have tried every method under the sun to separate yourself from these little ants over the past two years...now you want them to win?

As Pauline Hanson once said..."Please explain....." :D

^LOL at the last sentence

Went outside yesterday, and saw a large bunch of ants lying on the cement dead. They were spread everywhere. Perhaps they got roasted by the heatwave.

Shell,

You started this thread in Dec 06 and have tried every method under the sun to separate yourself from these little ants over the past two years...now you want them to win?

As Pauline Hanson once said..."Please explain....." :D

-shruggs-

I dunno. They've worn me out? Anyway, im kinda doing preventative kinda stuff now, in what type of food that i buy. Eg. i just eat popcorn instead of potato chips or just put tinned food in the pantry.... and also alot of stuff is now in the fridge/ freezer.

It looks like its just a really bad year, this year. Alot of people at my work have them too.

I've been using ant rid as well. Used a whole bottle in a week. ;)

I don't think i'm going to piss on them, because most of them are in the pantry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back