Ants, ants, everywhere!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Shell, just wondering how you are going with your little friends this year, found a cure yet? :) ....
garden_ants(1).jpg

Clean your house more often. :):thumbsu:

Hey! I am the clean one.. its my ****ing flatmate who leaves crumbs around the house, drops bits of food on the floor and doesnt pick them up... ew. I refuse to be her ****ing maid. Anyway, im on holiday on the GC right now, so I really dont give a dam.

Shell, just wondering how you are going with your little friends this year, found a cure yet? :) ....
garden_ants(1).jpg

Refer to answer above. :)

(But as far as I know, we dont have any ants as yet)

Thanks for bumping this thread up tho!!! LOL. :D

lol @ this thread

Bloody woke up this morning and found a whole army of ants crawling in a line around the kitchen.

The only thing that i like about ants, is the enjoyment of killing them with a can of mortein and with the ants crawling in a line, it makes the job a hell lot easier :thumbsu:.

Had an infestation not that long ago. Was crazy. There were thousands and they weren't after anything. The unit was pretty clean. I'd take a heap out then the next day they were coming in though the spots that hadn't been sprayed. Went on strong for 4 or so days.

All about taking out the Queen. They just keep settin' up shop till she goes down, so the most effective solution was to get the baits that they take back to the bitch.

Of course the real estate agents call a week after it's sorted. Typical. :rolleyes:

Hey... my threads back. :)

No Ants this summer for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (my deepest sympathies to the above poster.. yes they will get into anything, anywhere, nothing is safe. I've seen em get into not only the OUTER bag of a packet of variety chips, but inside the LITTLE bags inside. Was disgusting... and a waste of a whole lot of doritos. :()

Has anyone else seen an ant war? Building my retaining wall in the front yard recently a swarm of small ants took on these big black ants and being outnumbered roughly 2 to 1 the big ones were getting there arses kicked! The next day I walked out and there and there were thousands of striped ant bodies in a pile against the wall lol.

Those bloody ultra tiny ants this morning managed to get into my fridge and into a packet of sealed chops..

I've got a bad ant problem in my kitchen too. They haven't got into the fridge yet but you can't leave any food out on the benches or the bastards come out of the woodwork to swarm all over it.

Put some of those ant bait things around but they don't seem to do much. Have resorted to just spraying them with mortein now but no matter how many you kill they still keep coming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got a bad ant problem in my kitchen too. They haven't got into the fridge yet but you can't leave any food out on the benches or the bastards come out of the woodwork to swarm all over it.

Put some of those ant bait things around but they don't seem to do much. Have resorted to just spraying them with mortein now but no matter how many you kill they still keep coming.

I have little brown ones that sometimes turn up in numbers on the kitchen bench. I've found the best thing to do is find where they're getting into the house, and spray their track with some ant killer/surface spray. I also spray around all the windows and doorways, on the outside. I've had very few ants compared to this time last year.

Hey... my threads back. :)

Yes, it is on an automatic timer to resurface every summer. :)

No Ants this summer for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (my deepest sympathies to the above poster.. yes they will get into anything, anywhere, nothing is safe. I've seen em get into not only the OUTER bag of a packet of variety chips, but inside the LITTLE bags inside. Was disgusting... and a waste of a whole lot of doritos. :()

I remember reading that story, you really were distressed about that. Glad to read you have had an 'ant free' summer!

A few have been hovering around my desk here at work- and I've even found some in my shower at home.

Ohhh, someone else mentioned to me a few weeks ago that they had ants in their kitchen after a night of heavy rainfall...so they are out and about.

It made me think about this thread of yours, which can I remind you is now nearly 4 years old lol.

Caught the little bastards crawling around my bathroom. I sprayed some insecticide, but alas, they continue to crawl about... well, at least they're confined to the bathroom.

Had this problem early in the year -
had the place sprayed but they were living in between the walls.
Pest control bloke had a new gel that he placed around the inside of the house - the ants eat it and take it back to the nest - within 10 days they had vanished - they steaming in though through out those 10 days.

I think this is it http://www.pestproducts.com/maxforce_ant_gel_bait.htm

not sure if you can buy it though without being a pest control company?

About 4 months ago I had them coming out of my computer. I was like surely they are not coming out of the computer. But they were.

About 4 months ago I had them coming out of my computer. I was like surely they are not coming out of the computer. But they were.

LOL. Lets try and compile a list where they get into:

- cupboards
- pantrys
- bathrooms (showers, basins, baths)
- Freezers
- Fridges
- Rubbish bins
- Sealed chip bags
- Sugar tins
- Flour tins
- Computers

Remove this Banner Ad