Ants, ants, everywhere!!

Remove this Banner Ad

We have been having 3-4 scattered around in the bath room. I kill them off and leave but whenever I come back the next day or a few hours later there is 3-4 there again. There is never more than 5 but there is always at least 2 it's weird. They can't be looking for water because we have had more rain the last few weeks than we have had in years.

Your house is like the Berlin bunker while the Ruskies were surrounding it. Cutting your losses is the smart thing to do. :D

Hitlers bunker? :D

We have been having 3-4 scattered around in the bath room. I kill them off and leave but whenever I come back the next day or a few hours later there is 3-4 there again. There is never more than 5 but there is always at least 2 it's weird. They can't be looking for water because we have had more rain the last few weeks than we have had in years.

Yeah same here.

Its going to be a looooong summer, if a few are already coming in in winter.

On sunday evening there was an incident involving a load of ants - armies of them, it was frightening stuff.

Since then I've been paranoid about them and this morning I woke up with a swollen eye. Is it possible for an ant to crawl into your eye? I'm worried that I'm going to die from an ant habitating my brain.

I'm going to the doctors at 11.30.

It's back!!!!!!!!! :D

I'm so happy, thanks Nicky. :thumbsu:

As for them crawling in your eye.. i dunno about that. I'm more scared of that statistic about the number of insects one will consume in their lifetime.

Also my bf woke up once in the middle of the night, with a not-so-friendly huntsman on his bare chest.

If that ever happened to me so help me god..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poured a heap of oil down a nest in the backyard yesterday and set it on fire. Only took a couple of hours for the bastards to regroup and be back to business..

You probably only burnt the top 10% of the nest. They go quite deep.

Get an insecticide that has anticholinesterase as an active constituent. It is usually a powder, such as Antrid, which you spread around the main entry points of the nest. It helps if you stir the nest up a bit so they come pouring out, and then spread the poison. The ants will eventually walk through the poison and take it down into the nest. 9 times out of 10 you kill the whole population, if it doesn't completely work the first time it almost always works with a second treatment. BTW, follow the safety precautions, it is nasty stuff but it works.

The problem I have at my place is with the little tiny brown ants. Their nests are popping up everywhere at the moment. Quite often it's coming out of a crack in the concrete, making it hard to use the poison mentioned in the previous paragraph. I have had success with surface sprays, but the problem is that I don't discover the nests until there's a massive trail of them into my house.

There is always an army of ants marching along the roof of our downstairs toilet room. After several weeks I am still yet to get bored of blowing air at them (while taking a whiz) and watching them panic and scramble like a bunch of 13yo girls in line for Justin Bieber tickets who've just been told he committed suicide.

They go from such an orderly fashion to all over the shop in a split second. Some of them start running around in circles, some just stop dead as though they are too afraid to move, some put the afterburners on and race all the way down the wall until they realise they are all alone and trudge back to the line again. Then within a minute or two, they are back to work like nothing happened, like their mates didn't lose their s**t and start going crazy.

Very amusing to me.

rodney-dangerfield.jpg

Hey just kidding! How about a hand for nicky, she's alright!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back