deck

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 7, 2004
Melburn
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool, SF 49ers, FSU
I once in the middle of the night accidentally drank some that were in a cup of water next to my bed. Trust me they don't taste good.
I did similar once. Hoped in my car and grabbed my bottle of water and started drinking. I then notice a ant on my face followed by many on my chest then noticed them all over my hands. I was thinking WTF where did they come from and then noticed the bottle was covered in them.

deck

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 7, 2004
Melburn
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool, SF 49ers, FSU
I wonder if I empty out the packet in the backyard somewhere they will focus all their food mining efforts on that and stay out of the house.

You need to cut off the entry points. Follow the trail and spray the entry point and keep doing it until they run out of entry points.

You could also try perimeter spray on the outside of the house. Spray everything at ground level plus around windows. Has worked successfully for my parents in the past.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
You need to cut off the entry points. Follow the trail and spray the entry point and keep doing it until they run out of entry points.

You could also try perimeter spray on the outside of the house. Spray everything at ground level plus around windows. Has worked successfully for my parents in the past.
This was how one of my mates said they solved their ant problem after trying the poison first which didn't work.

They are only a mild nuisance atm, some rain would probably see them off as they usually only seem to come inside when it has been dry for a long time.

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
This was how one of my mates said they solved their ant problem after trying the poison first which didn't work.

They are only a mild nuisance atm, some rain would probably see them off as they usually only seem to come inside when it has been dry for a long time.
we got some minute ones the smallest ants you have ever seen they come out of holes you cant even see
They are all over the knife if you cut bacon
I dripped some chicken juice and thought I wiped it they were all over the bench
We got them from a library book
iu

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Are u using a whole bottle or one drop?
I've killed that many ants with it it's not funny.

Maybe you guys have like radioactive super ants 🤣

The googles......They do nothing
It worked a bit in Melbourne but this is a mutant super colony up here
They laugh at me as they lap it up with their bacon grease as if it was monte carlos

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are u using a whole bottle or one drop?
I've killed that many ants with it it's not funny.

Maybe you guys have like radioactive super ants 🤣

The googles......They do nothing

Like a whole dish of it.

For me when i was in the villa, ant sand around the OUTSIDE of the house worked better. I also used the general insect spray barrier to keep OUT spiders and stuff. That seems to work pretty good too. Would only do it once or twice a year- particularly when the weather got warmer.

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Ive got ghekos around the house so I dont want to spray real poison

Ive seen the ghekos go crazy, eating a massive ant infestation coming out of a window frame just before a storm.
They just need to breed up

Ive got ghekos around the house so I dont want to spray real poison

Ive seen the ghekos go crazy, eating a massive ant infestation coming out of a window frame just before a storm.
They just need to breed up

Aw good point.

FWIW i used ant sand maybe for 3-4 years? Then a blue tongue lizard "moved in" and then ants GONE. Stopped. FInito.

So yeah stopped using the sand. Still sprayed, i dont think it affected him. He was under the porch anyway, i wasnt spraying that.

Yeah I spray around the house perimeter once a year, mainly for millipeads but we get a few spidies too.
Those millipeads do love a light coloured render on a house

We came home late one night, my then bf went into the toilet, said "Do NOT come in"- there was a fking millipead the size of a freaken snake in there he said. Am glad i didnt see it, those thing creep me out

We have seen those big long centipeads a couple of times, had some vivid colours going on with it to.
Mrs peaks when she sees them you get that ' Hey hon' question and you can tell straight away in her voice theres something that's creepy crawly she aint liking

Havent seen one for ages tho.
Can't exactly kill those *s with a tissue either, flat shoe and a decent whack required

Remove this Banner Ad

Back