Health Anxiety

Remove this Banner Ad

brett15

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 8, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Im a recovered drug-addict but I still find my anxiety is through the roof. This is some of the stuff I used to experience before I kicked the Ice/cannabis addiction

Smoking makes me fatigued, tired and anxious (still addicted)
Drinking makes me depressed and full of lethargy (I rarely drink anymore)
Ice used to make me physically shake, teeth grind, stare at walls and become extremely paranoid/anxious/depressed
Cannabis the next day would make me anxious, flat, unmotivated and very lazy.
Synthetic Cannabis (DO NOT TOUCH this stuff!!!!)

At one point or another all of these contributed towards major anxiety, the worst in terms of long "persisting" anxiety had to be Ice, but if you want to mess up the mind with anxiety so bad that it makes you vomit - the synthetic cannabis is just horrible.

When I was clean, I used to have social phobia and anxiety, but through work on a telephone help desk, public speaking and giving presentations my anxiety did lesson.

Also, courage can help with anxiety, courage is best explained as something you do, you don't possess courage you DO courage.

Also pay attention to thoughts, and notice if it takes you up or down, and question thoughts that take you down, (best done without the effect of substances/drugs)

Kram

I'll brik u
Suspended
May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
It sounds a bit silly but whilst of course of providing very temporary relief this imo actually works.

5. Follow the 3-3-3 rule.

Look around you and name three things you see. Then, name three sounds you hear. Finally, move three parts of your body — your ankle, fingers, or arm. Whenever you feel your brain going 100 miles per hour, this mental trick can help center your mind, bringing you back to the present moment, Chansky says.

raskolnikov

Hall of Famer
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Lions, Suns
Because of the teacher shortage and staff absence due to covid work has created anxiety in me that I've never experienced before. My anxiety levels have been through the roof recently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad