Any "arties" in here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you making money out of your art skills? You’re actually pretty talented!

You’ve inspired me to do a drawing for this holiday break. Stay tuned, I hope you will like it. ;)
Yeah I am. I’ve sold probably two dozen paintings this year ranging in price from $60 to $450. And thank you, it’s crazy to think that it took me five and a half decades to discover that I can actually do art!

Looking forward to see what you draw!

Yeah I am. I’ve sold probably two dozen paintings this year ranging in price from $60 to $450. And thank you, it’s crazy to think that it took me five and a half decades to discover that I can actually do art!

Looking forward to see what you draw!
Do you sell on bluethumb? I’ve only had 1 auctioned for a fundraiser but no cash.

Those portraits are next level Jen.

Do you sell on bluethumb? I’ve only had 1 auctioned for a fundraiser but no cash.

Those portraits are next level Jen.
No I haven’t yet. I sort of looked into it but they take such a huge cut, and I don’t put much on my work. I’ve sold most of my work either off my facebook page or through a local gallery. And thanks re the portraits. It’s such an amazing course that has you producing work like that in 16 weeks. Each term gets progressively harder. I think I’m still on three colours (black white grey) for two more terms and then they introduce colour. Really looking forward to it.

How come I've only just tripped over this thread? Anyhoo, I've been involved with art/design for aeons, I just haven't bothered doing any for the past 20 odd years. Here are some pics (I just took right now) of 20 yr old glossy photos I took of some stuff I did 20 years ago...also some detail of some of them and some prelim sketches to work from. The perspectives look a bit weird in places because of the angle of the photos.

IMG_4861.jpeg

IMG_4862.jpeg IMG_4863.jpeg

IMG_4864.jpeg

IMG_4865.jpeg

IMG_4866.jpeg

IMG_4868.jpeg

IMG_4867.jpeg

IMG_4871.jpeg

IMG_4870.jpeg

How come I've only just tripped over this thread? Anyhoo, I've been involved with art/design for aeons, I just haven't bothered doing any for the past 20 odd years. Here are some pics (I just took right now) of 20 yr old glossy photos I took of some stuff I did 20 years ago...also some detail of some of them and some prelim sketches to work from. The perspectives look a bit weird in places because of the angle of the photos.

View attachment 804215

View attachment 804216View attachment 804217

View attachment 804218

View attachment 804219

View attachment 804220

View attachment 804221

View attachment 804222

View attachment 804224

View attachment 804225

Wow your work is great, you have a lot of talent. Interesting subject stuff too.
You're a modern day Gauguin!

Thanks, I'm having a lot of fun with it at the moment. I paint sporadically, but starting to really ramp up.

View attachment 804215

View attachment 804218

View attachment 804219

View attachment 804220

View attachment 804221

View attachment 804222

View attachment 804224

View attachment 804225
These are brilliant! What medium? Pastel?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My cheap compressor I got off eBay died... so I was on the prowl for a new one. The good ones are all around the $600 mark, which was a bit steep I thought.. and I came across one on a AIRBRUSH DESTASH page. It was brand new still in the box. Top of the range. They decided they’d had it for a year and never got around to using it so they sold it for $240! Did a pack and send, cost me $27 for postage and got it two days later. Absolutely brilliant. Of course, I had to take it for a spin....

162614A0-4053-4085-8A36-590D6B88DABE.jpeg

My cheap compressor I got off eBay died... so I was on the prowl for a new one. The good ones are all around the $600 mark, which was a bit steep I thought.. and I came across one on a AIRBRUSH DESTASH page. It was brand new still in the box. Top of the range. They decided they’d had it for a year and never got around to using it so they sold it for $240! Did a pack and send, cost me $27 for postage and got it two days later. Absolutely brilliant. Of course, I had to take it for a spin....

View attachment 807512
Wow! When I was toying with airbrush work, (many many moons ago) I was so destitute I had to over-inflate a spare tyre and use the built up air pressure from that - truth!

being able to afford a compressor ...as well as an airbrush was luxury!

ahhh tell that to the kids of today!

Luxury!

Wow! When I was toying with airbrush work, (many many moons ago) I was so destitute I had to over-inflate a spare tyre and use the built up air pressure from that - truth!

being able to afford a compressor ...as well as an airbrush was luxury!

ahhh tell that to the kids of today!

Luxury!
Luxury!

I used a packet of balloons and pinched the ends to get air to blow paint

Used Tyre -Luxury!!

*insert Monty Python skit

That eyeball is so good!

It amazes me how talented some people are.

Absolutely brilliant

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
cheers for that. I wasn’t always convinced I could paint (only started 2.5 years ago at age 56), but recently Im feeling more confident to call myself an artist.

cheers for that. I wasn’t always convinced I could paint (only started 2.5 years ago at age 56), but recently Im feeling more confident to call myself an artist.
So you're saying there's still a chance...

So you're saying there's still a chance...

Always! I was seriously s**t at art until I turned 56! Hated it at school. Was never arty, never showed interest. Then wham! It happened! Always a chance Cuzz! 😄

Always! I was seriously s**t at art until I turned 56! Hated it at school. Was never arty, never showed interest. Then wham! It happened! Always a chance Cuzz! 😄
I don’t believe it. I reckon we’re in the same bracket ie. have a genuine talent in art but never the passion/confidence when younger. Then later on, life perspective changes and bang! You realise you have a talent after all.

Though I would say your talent is a lot more immense than mine! Lol

View attachment 804215

View attachment 804218

View attachment 804219

View attachment 804220

View attachment 804221

View attachment 804222

View attachment 804224

View attachment 804225
Awesome work! Do you have any newer works other than 20 year old stuff? :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back