Any chance we could make the season opener not the same teams every year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy I can't.

I think the best stadium I've been to, as a Victorian, is probably Suncorp in Queensland.
Fair enough. Been to Suncorp many a time for Origin and A League. It has a very English premier league vibe to it (without the supporter chanting/atmosphere). It's not bad, just doesn't have anywhere near the mecca/colosseum feel that the G has.

Yet to visit Optus in Perth, that one seems like a gem.

1 more vote for previous year's gf replay in round 1.
Extra drama in the unfurling of the premiership flag in front of salty runners up.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Which current use stadiums have you watched footy at?

MCG rarely is packed with 100k.
Gabba, Metricon, SCG, Marvel, Kardinia Park, MCG, Adelaide Oval. Oh, and Stadium Australia/ ANZ Stadium - granted it was a Juventus game with a decent crowd but the AFL does occasionally play there.

The G regularly gets upwards of 80-85k.

Last edited:
Gabba, Metricon, SCG, Marvel, Kardinia Park, MCG, Adelaide Oval. Oh, and Stadium Australia/ ANZ Stadium - granted it was a Juventus game with a decent crowd but the AFL does occasionally play there.

The G regularly gets upwards of 80-85k.

been to stadium australia a couple of times for footy, and its crap. no atmosphere at all.

that being said the public transport there is great. went once for soccer and was about 70k there. that train station had the whole crowd cleared out in about 30 minutes. also got free train transport with a valid game day ticket. good setup.

been to stadium australia a couple of times for footy, and its crap. no atmosphere at all.

that being said the public transport there is great. went once for soccer and was about 70k there. that train station had the whole crowd cleared out in about 30 minutes. also got free train transport with a valid game day ticket. good setup.
We also caught the train there, was impressive how easy it was getting in and out. Lots of bars, eateries around there too which made for a good night. I rated it, but agree, the atmosphere inside reminded me of Emirates in London for an Arsenal game. Area between the pitch and the stands was far too big, killed the vibe. A bit soulless.

Melbourne and Fremantle have withdrawn their applications to host the opening game of the opening round.

Port vs Richmond - yes please.

Brisbane vs Port - yes please.

Probably a few different options you have for a season opener in a 18 team comp I reckon.
.....but so many St Kilda and Nortyhs supporters in this thread chest puffing about themselves being hardly done by ...you get your chance to show what you've got on a big stage - and?

PS I remebered this thread and your post was the first StKilada supporter that came up - so I used you for teh bump - nothin personal - just couldnt resist responding to the slaggery from your mob and Norths in this thread

.....but so many St Kilda and Nortyhs supporters in this thread chest puffing about themselves being hardly done by ...you get your chance to show what you've got on a big stage - and?

PS I remebered this thread and your post was the first StKilada supporter that came up - so I used you for teh bump - nothin personal - just couldnt resist responding to the slaggery from your mob and Norths in this thread

I don’t take it personally.

Just very bored with Richmond vs Carlton as the season opener every year. Like most footy fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back