Any cricketers on the board?

Remove this Banner Ad

Big_D231

Debutant
Dec 12, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just wondering if there are any cricketers on the board. If so what association do you play in. Thought this could be a good place to discuss during cricket season. Could be good to see if there are few people from the same associations around

Ill start off, I play in the para districts cricket association.

Eastern Cricket Association in Melbourne (i know, not what the OP was getting at)

Murray Towns Cricket Association here.
Personally, talented batsman (normally 4 or 5) but generally too impatient to rack up a decent total (averaged 20 odd last season).
Top notch fielder (won the association trophy last season).
Average medium bowler, generally on the spot and economical but not a big wicket taker.

Starting to lose the love i had of cricket in years gone by though. I used to count down the weeks until the season started but now it's starting to be a bit more of a chore.

Murray Towns Cricket Association here.
Personally, talented batsman (normally 4 or 5) but generally too impatient to rack up a decent total (averaged 20 odd last season).
Top notch fielder (won the association trophy last season).
Average medium bowler, generally on the spot and economical but not a big wicket taker.

Starting to lose the love i had of cricket in years gone by though. I used to count down the weeks until the season started but now it's starting to be a bit more of a chore.

ditto... the prospect of preseason training isnt exactly fantastic either.

Ill play anything from shield to 5th XI and havent trained since 2006. Opening bowler with shoulder issues, I tried my hand at going the tonk up the order and flogged the association batting average. I only ran 80 or 90 times during the season. Felt like a thief. Lazy fielder (slips or willing to wear one by fielding at silly mid off to avoid running) but I can take a catch if I have to...

Overall, an average cricketer, average bloke and champion drinker:D

yep - Adelaide & Suburban Cricket Association

Our Club has 3 teams of all standards, hence if anyone is looking for a game please feel free to either PM me or leave message here.

Good to see a few cricketers around the place. Personally i havent reached the stage where its becoming a chore. I probably havent played for long enough for that to occur, even though this would be my 11th season im still young (19) so i still love getting out there, even in the preseason.

In actual fact i think this year would be the most excited iv ever been about a season. I think its a combination of the prospect of a full time a grade gig as a spinner, as opposed to the pie chucker i used to be in the lower grades and coming into the season with confidence i got from playing in the As last year and the knowledge that i can actually play with the so called 'guns' and hold my own. (Got the association leading run scorer out both times i played against him:p) That and being about 15 kilos lighter then the end of last season helps :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back