Any father-son/father-daughter picks coming up in the near future?

Remove this Banner Ad

How old is Judd's kids now?

I am looking forward to seeing to Victorian moguls kids choosing interstate teams. Hodge with Brisbane and Judd and the West Coast Eagles.

In saying that, I assume when Hodge kids choose Lions, it will be the day the northern clubs finish any advantage with academies in some form. The blowback will be very real.

I hope that Harley starts to take over, and the younger ones come over as part of the Father/Sons academy they choose to follow Oscar's footsteps...

Bodes well for us. I have a feeling that Judd may be here to look for property. May not just be just a holiday but could be looking at living in Perth.
Rebecca Judd is not happy in Victoria with the crime rates.

Last edited:
Are they really that much better in Perth? Melbourne must be a serious s**t hole.
Was in Melbourne in December and the 2nd night I was there I walked past a taped off street that someone had been shot on a couple hours prior, and the next day had a deranged junkie outside my hotel start screaming at me and walking (staggering) towards me for making eye contact as I was crossing the street, it's becoming a lovelier place by the day

Was in Melbourne in December and the 2nd night I was there I walked past a taped off street that someone had been shot on a couple hours prior, and the next day had a deranged junkie outside my hotel start screaming at me and walking (staggering) towards me for making eye contact as I was crossing the street, it's becoming a lovelier place by the day

That was your mistake for making eye contact with Clayton in the first place

I know a lot could change in the next four or five years, but I don't think we should be getting our hopes up too much about Oscar, based on this article from a year ago looks like he'd be leaning more towards cricket at the moment...

Last edited:
I know a lot could change in the next four or five years, but I don't think we should be getting our hopes up too much about Oscar, based on this article from a year ago looks like he'd be leaning more towards cricket at the moment...

Even better, then we can get him as Cat B rookie down the track and not have to use a high draft pick on him ;)

To be fair, he is a Eagles supporter and most of us are more into Cricket at the moment. Give it 4 years.

West Coast father-son prospect Charlie Banfield is one of eight bottom-agers named in the 2024 WA 18’s State Academy Program.

The tall midfielder is coming off 21 touches and a goal against East Fremantle in round two, while he could’ve kicked a bag against South Fremantle at the weekend but finished with 2.3 from 11 disposals.

Banfield will be a prospect to watch for the next 24 months because he is unable to be drafted until next year (2025)

Banfield is joined by Cody Curtin — the younger brother of first-round draftee and Adelaide defender Daniel — as another under-age Tiger in the side.

Curtin is already 197cm and 89kg, but is also ineligible for the draft until 2025.

First-round draft prospects Bo Allan and Malakai Champion have also been named in the squad, while impressive Tigers midfielder Austin van der Struyf is also tipped to be one of the main men in the team.

2024 WA 18’s State Academy Program: Aiden Riddle, Austin van der Struyf, Charlie Banfield, Clancy Dennis, Cody Angove, Cody Curtin, Hamish Davis, Hugh Boxshall, Jaxon Douglas, Max Rohr, Oscar Willis, Will Hayes (Claremont), Luke Urquhart (East Fremantle), Bo Allan, Darcy Peterson, Deian Roberts, Matthew Becker (Peel Thunder), Loch Mactaggart, Koby Evans (Perth), Jaxon Artemis, Fred Rodriguez (South Fremantle), Malakai Champion, Charlie Burke, Wes Walley (Subiaco), Blake Kelly, Anthony Hansen, Colby McDonald (Swan Districts), Kayle Gerreyn, Trent Hiscock (West Perth).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back