Any father-son/father-daughter picks coming up in the near future?

Remove this Banner Ad

Brennan, Jacob 24.01.90: playing for East Fremantle Colts, Son of Monkey

Annear, Josh 14.11.88: playing for Claremont Reserves, Son of John, overlooked last year.

Bairstows boy was overlooked by Geelong and Buhagiar was overlooked by Essendon.

Laurie Keen's son is a giant of a lad at 16 going on 17 this year, has played BBall all his teen years but just switched to AFL last year playing down in Margaret River. Super fast and strong with exceptional skills and can apparently kick 65+ drop punts...and oh is also a left footer like Buddy.

not sure laurie keenes son would be eligible for f/s.

unfortunately for big laurie afl football /wce came too late for him, i think he only played 50 games for the eagles. i still remember watching him in the late 80's and he just danced around some smaller guys and cracked a shot at goal.

he would have been superb in todays ganme..

as for his son, he would have to be 7ft2 surely???

With the tight drafting coming up, we should be pushing the AFL to lower the games limit for us for the next 10 years or so. It is highly unlikely that someone will have played 100 (or is it 150?) games for us and have had kids of draft age until 2015 at least.

By which point the AFL will probably have scrapped the father-son rule :rolleyes:

With the tight drafting coming up, we should be pushing the AFL to lower the games limit for us for the next 10 years or so. It is highly unlikely that someone will have played 100 (or is it 150?) games for us and have had kids of draft age until 2015 at least.
I believe that it is 100 games for the Eagles for father/son; or 150 games played before 1987 (but not including that year) for any of Claremont, East Perth,West Perth or Subiaco.

Hi all,

there is an artile about this in today's Sunday Times...

the article says that "the rule allows clubs to claim a youngster before the draft if their father played at least 100 games for the club"

and then goes on to say that Michael Brennan's son Jacob Brennan is currently 17 and could get picked up next year..

article also talks about

Jordan Matera - 11 year old son of Peter who is described as "a jet" who has inherited the attributes of his famous father

Zane Sumich - 10 year old son of Peter who is right-footer as opposed to left like his father

Sunny & Robbi Kemp - Sunny is 7 and Robbi is 3

Zac Mainwaring - the emotion would be amazing to see him running around in his fathers no. 3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

does anyone know anything about young Jacob Brennan??? i haven't a clue about him.. but would be interested if anybody could shed some light. Didn't even know he existed until i read the paper this morning..

does anyone know anything about young Jacob Brennan??? i haven't a clue about him.. but would be interested if anybody could shed some light. Didn't even know he existed until i read the paper this morning..

Ditto. Does he play in the Colts? Height, Weight etc. Cheers :thumbsu:

I cant wait in 6 years time for Jordan Matera to be drafted. He has the 2 best names ever..Jordan & Matera. He's going to be very very special.

Ditto. Does he play in the Colts? Height, Weight etc. Cheers :thumbsu:

I cant wait in 6 years time for Jordan Matera to be drafted. He has the 2 best names ever..Jordan & Matera. He's going to be very very special.
had a bit of sleuthing around for brennan and i found that he plays for East Freo colts. He averages 10 disposals per game and 2 marks. Quite underwhelming. He also has a few hitouts to his name every few games so we can assume that he is a tall. And this lack of possessions and goals would indicate a key backman. Had a really good game in round 1 with 18 disposals and 5 marks, but statistically has been disappointing. Probably need someone to watch him play before accurate judgement can be made.

Hi all,

there is an artile about this in today's Sunday Times...

the article says that "the rule allows clubs to claim a youngster before the draft if their father played at least 100 games for the club"

and then goes on to say that Michael Brennan's son Jacob Brennan is currently 17 and could get picked up next year..

article also talks about

Jordan Matera - 11 year old son of Peter who is described as "a jet" who has inherited the attributes of his famous father

Zane Sumich - 10 year old son of Peter who is right-footer as opposed to left like his father

Sunny & Robbi Kemp - Sunny is 7 and Robbi is 3

Zac Mainwaring - the emotion would be amazing to see him running around in his fathers no. 3

Music to the ears...god how sweet it will be to see some of the kids from the 92, 94 teams running around carving it up - big bonus for our recruitment when this generation is ready to play

Music to the ears...god how sweet it will be to see some of the kids from the 92, 94 teams running around carving it up - big bonus for our recruitment when this generation is ready to play

Yeah its a bonus but its not as good a value as it once was.. Could cost us 1st round picks etc now..

to add to the list of potential father sons...

Woosha has a son.
Jako has a son.
Banners has a son.
Brauny's wife is expecting (hopefully a boy...)

Anyone know if Chris Lewis has reproduced?

Can we DNA some recent births around Perth??? Surely one of our current boys has an unknown offspring... (fingers crossed for Cuz being a naughty boy..)

Wife swap???

I've always wondered, would there ever be a case of a Father - Illegitimate Son rule? Because as rumour has it there was a prominent Eagle from the 90's who may have fathered one or two...

Yeah its a bonus but its not as good a value as it once was.. Could cost us 1st round picks etc now..
If someone else bids first round pick, do we just have to give up a second round pick? Or is it our next pick after theirs?

So if they bid 6 and we have 7, do we give that up or do we give 23 up?

to add to the list of potential father sons...

Woosha has a son.
Jako has a son.
Banners has a son.
Brauny's wife is expecting (hopefully a boy...)

Anyone know if Chris Lewis has reproduced?

Can we DNA some recent births around Perth??? Surely one of our current boys has an unknown offspring... (fingers crossed for Cuz being a naughty boy..)
I don't know if Cuz crossed with a crack whore would really produce a good footballer...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back