Any father-son/father-daughter picks coming up in the near future?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes but as a 189cm forward, waterman plays like a true key forward. Works at underage level but wont work at AFL. There's an article in the West that describes his footy smarts as one of his best attributes. He should be developed into a HFF/mid at least. With his footy smarts and size, he should be developed into a utility that can play anywhere around the ground.
yet you want to make him a defender ?
but he is too short to be a forward?

yet you want to make him a defender ?
but he is too short to be a forward?
to play as midsize defender that plays on smalls and talls and. It wouldnt be too bad. If we just pigeon hole him as a forward. he will be behind a whole list of forwards.
He's listed as 191cm on the AFL website for the U18's championship.
I was going off WAFL site. If he could grow another 2-3cm more, then i wouldn't mind him just being a key forward.

to play as midsize defender that plays on smalls and talls and. It wouldnt be too bad. If we just pigeon hole him as a forward. he will be behind a whole list of forwards.

I was going off WAFL site. If he could grow another 2-3cm more, then i wouldn't mind him just being a key forward.

Fevola and Lloyd were only 191cm FYI. I understand it's different these days but natural talent and work ethic usually win out.

Fevola and Lloyd were only 191cm FYI. I understand it's different these days but natural talent and work ethic usually win out.
Thats true. Tho i doubt he will reach that level. Nearly all of the best KPF's today are 195cm or above. He could tho turn into a smaller KPF like a darling or gunston but his kicking is nowhere as good as theirs. Instead of bulking him up like darling, i wouldnt mind seeing them try and use him as HFF if they want him to be a forward.

Thats true. Tho i doubt he will reach that level. Nearly all of the best KPF's today are 195cm or above. He could tho turn into a smaller KPF like a darling or gunston but his kicking is nowhere as good as theirs. Instead of bulking him up like darling, i wouldnt mind seeing them try and use him as HFF if they want him to be a forward.
Likely LeCras replacement maybe as he's more a lead-up forward than a crumber.

Likely LeCras replacement maybe as he's more a lead-up forward than a crumber.
do we really need a replacement for lecca? Hill like lecca plays taller than he is and can replace lecras. All we need now is a really good small crumbing forward that is equally threat on the ground as is jk and Jd in the air.

do we really need a replacement for lecca? Hill like lecca plays taller than he is and can replace lecras. All we need now is a really good small crumbing forward that is equally threat on the ground as is jk and Jd in the air.
A genuine crumber would be great but not every team has one

Jack Darling is a better frame of reference because he's both physically stronger than Jake and plays in the contemporary game. Consider that even Darling struggles to make the impact of the games best key forwards.

I would also suggest darling is much faster and a better kick.

Quicker but their kicking is pretty similar IMO.

isn't Jake a better overhead mark?

To Darling? potentially. He's a very good overhead mark and smart on the lead. How Jake's marking scales against a 194cm+ defender at AFL level is questionable, either he beats his defenders with work rate and smarts like LeCras or Kennedy or he'll struggle to get a gap on his direct defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To Darling? potentially. He's a very good overhead mark and smart on the lead. How Jake's marking scales against a 194cm+ defender at AFL level is questionable, either he beats his defenders with work rate and smarts like LeCras or Kennedy or he'll struggle to get a gap on his direct defender.

Exactly this.

Yep

Is there a possibility for him to be used as HFF or as the third or 4th and get someone his own size or smaller?

View attachment 253991
his inaccuracy could be a real issue at AFL level.

Only been an issue the last 12 months from what I've been told by those close to him and most of his poor performances have come in the U18 champs.

Today he missed 2 or 3 he should gobble up. Missed a few hard ones.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I know it is the unpopular opinion but I wouldn't give up a pick in the first two rounds for Waterman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back