Any father-son/father-daughter picks coming up in the near future?

Remove this Banner Ad

87926c391c0274d0f706c196bb9087d3.jpg
The long game begins!

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...s/news-story/e244298d23cad9ca6b6495cd7ae60c66

Hopefully Alec gets himself up and going again. Sounds like he's being doing it really tough, not even being able to leave his house for months

Hope that one day he and Jake get to run out onto Perth Stadium in the wings together as West Coast players

Really hope Alec can find his way back onto our list, at full health I have no doubt he will still become a very good player. It'll be really disappointing if another club drafts him ahead of us once he becomes draftable again. If so, hoping that he'll eventually request a trade to us, since I'm sure he'll want to play with his brother...

Was a bit of talk about him earlier in the year,gone very quiet now tho

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Hoping that him and Jordan Matera are late bloomers and will improve in the next few years. Both their dads were drafted at the age of 20, and so was Phil, although I have no idea how good they were as 18-19 year olds.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...s/news-story/e244298d23cad9ca6b6495cd7ae60c66

Hopefully Alec gets himself up and going again. Sounds like he's being doing it really tough, not even being able to leave his house for months

Hope that one day he and Jake get to run out onto Perth Stadium in the wings together as West Coast players
Doesn't sound like the club reached out too much or helped him with interactions judging from the statements. If that's the sace then it's pretty poor form.

Doesn't sound like the club reached out too much or helped him with interactions judging from the statements. If that's the sace then it's pretty poor form.

For a start it doesn't sound like that at all. Even if a visit by someone once a week, it doesn't mean u r interacting. That can never be filled unless u r up and about urself.

Secondly glandular fever pretty sure is contagious.

Hoping that him and Jordan Matera are late bloomers and will improve in the next few years. Both their dads were drafted at the age of 20, and so was Phil, although I have no idea how good they were as 18-19 year olds.

Sumich could still end up draftable. He's a big body and has clean hands at contests, but he's not going to drafted as a forward and isn't anywhere near fit enough to play midfield as it stands. Has a year or two before you'd put a line through his name.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any insights?
Not really

Was pretty paint by numbers stuff and nothing we didn't already know

Didn't seem too fussed if he is picked by west coast or not and suggested that the deciding factor in nominating as a father son was that he was guaranteed to be drafted.

Was asked about Alec and he said everyone just wants him to get healthy again - didn't detect any animosity towards the club when he was speaking about Alec

Not really

Was pretty paint by numbers stuff and nothing we didn't already know

Didn't seem too fussed if he is picked by west coast or not and suggested that the deciding factor in nominating as a father son was that he was guaranteed to be drafted.

Was asked about Alec and he said everyone just wants him to get healthy again - didn't detect any animosity towards the club when he was speaking about Alec

He has been told we wont match a second round or earlier pick for him.

He has been told we wont match a second round or earlier pick for him.
That's a reasonable position to take

And a smart move to make it known amongst the other clubs as it may discourage them from calling his name out to force us to bid

That's good to know

Mate just got home, but that game by Waterman today was sublime.
That's the performance of a number one draft pick.
He's a combination of Dane Swan type body with Luke Hodge kicking skills, and Danes speed.

That's seriously the best game by any player in colts for the last two years that I have seen.
Claremont got smashed by Souths last week
In a big final where Claremont needed a player to stand up he produced a wonderful game of leadership.
His kicking is a weapon and his creative handball brings others into the game.

We have a beauty here, I really rate players that step up in finals,
and this kid played probably his best game ever when his team needed him.

Look Royal, a performance of a number one draft pick.

We can bicker over what that means if you like.

It quite clearly doesn't mean he thinks Waterman should have been the number 1 draft pick. You're being completely ridiculous.

Yep. Because performances are described as no1 draft pick like ALL THE TIME.

Especially since no1 draft picks often are not really the ones who had the most dominant seasons.

So not ridiculous at all and good memory from 2 years ago.

Next time think a bit.

Also godfather, funny you call me being rediculous. YOU.

Want me to bring up some of your fantastic posts over the years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back