Any father-son/father-daughter picks coming up in the near future?

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know who's up next and eligible to be drafted as a Father/Son over the next couple of years for us?

Thought there was a list somewhere but can't seem to find it.

There was a Matera that was eligible last year... but he must be rubbish for not being picked up by any club

So Jordan's playing for Sandringham now, but looking at the VFL website, he wasn't listed in the playing list/stats for the 1st 3 rounds either in the VFL or the reserves comp. Either he's injured or not even good enough for the reserves...

Not sure if too early but saw Drew Banfield's kids play on the weekend. From my limited understanding I think it was a year 4 team and the younger one was playing up. They were some of the taller kids on the park and both can run and kick. They were definitely the better, if not the best, players on the park.

Played Phil Matera's kid but I didn't know which one he was. Both Phil and Drew were the coaches.

Not sure if too early but saw Drew Banfield's kids play on the weekend. From my limited understanding I think it was a year 4 team and the younger one was playing up. They were some of the taller kids on the park and both can run and kick. They were definitely the better, if not the best, players on the park.

Played Phil Matera's kid but I didn't know which one he was. Both Phil and Drew were the coaches.
I think it's too early.

I remember we all thought Jordan Matera was going to be the GOAT when he was 15/16 and can't forget what happened with Swift.

I think it's too early.

I remember we all thought Jordan Matera was going to be the GOAT when he was 15/16 and can't forget what happened with Swift.

If only Swift didn't injure his knees.

I reckon under a different coach Swift would have developed a lot better. Our record of developing young mids sucked under Worsfold to be honest. We're paying for it now too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean last year? Has he completely recovered now?

Yeah last year, it might be why he didn't progress past reserves with Souths.

It could also be a talent issue...

Pressures of a famous father.

My young bloke is going real well, is there any way I can rig things so only WCE can pick him up?

Trouble I have with him is if he's playing forward and there's a blue in the backline he runs down to get involved.

May be the campaigner we're looking for? Still only 9 though :)

My young bloke is going real well, is there any way I can rig things so only WCE can pick him up?

Trouble I have with him is if he's playing forward and there's a blue in the backline he runs down to get involved.

81r%2BCGlrt9L._SX355_.jpg

What sort of comp is your 9 year old son playing in where there's a blue?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back