The Demon

Team Captain
Sep 11, 2006
Earth
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool
I was unable to attend last nights AGM,How was it?

Any interesting information come from it? How was the question re Major Sponsors handled?

a great night. obviously the financial stuff was bad, but the accountant dude was pretty funny, & made it interesting.

a few lines of discussion, including sponsor (nothing yet, but "many irons in the fire" - my view is that they have the companies lined up, but are just holding out for a good deal. they could easily get a sponsor, but just was the best value for both parties), clash jumper (jimmy said it WILL be red and blue; cammy wanted to be the invincible whites, but apparently went down like a lead balloon), the bubble stadium (will be shared between mcg and the bubble, mostly due to space and rent restrictions), mcc agreement (cammy said we WILL BECOME PART OF THE MCC AGAIN!), the demon (it will be back), & recruiting more kiddies to the club.

also the draft picks were introduced. jack spoke well, & seems to be a top bloke. bails compared the preseason of 07-08 to that of 08-09, & the fact that we have minimal players with injury, and that players have bulked up, & we are a hell of a lot fitter.

there was a lot of anticipation in the room for 2009, & hopefully it will be a hell of a lot better than 08.

a great night. obviously the financial stuff was bad, but the accountant dude was pretty funny, & made it interesting.

a few lines of discussion, including sponsor (nothing yet, but "many irons in the fire" - my view is that they have the companies lined up, but are just holding out for a good deal. they could easily get a sponsor, but just was the best value for both parties), clash jumper (jimmy said it WILL be red and blue; cammy wanted to be the invincible whites, but apparently went down like a lead balloon), the bubble stadium (will be shared between mcg and the bubble, mostly due to space and rent restrictions), mcc agreement (cammy said we WILL BECOME PART OF THE MCC AGAIN!), the demon (it will be back), & recruiting more kiddies to the club.

also the draft picks were introduced. jack spoke well, & seems to be a top bloke. bails compared the preseason of 07-08 to that of 08-09, & the fact that we have minimal players with injury, and that players have bulked up, & we are a hell of a lot fitter.

there was a lot of anticipation in the room for 2009, & hopefully it will be a hell of a lot better than 08.

Thanks pcazzy for the great information!

I'm a bit surprised(but certainly not unhappy) that Jimmy said the clash jumper will be Red and Blue as I thought it was the AFL that was holding a gun to Clubs heads re this matter and forcing them to have an insipid predominantly white jumper!

howz the bloke that asked about 29 questions in a row, he was quite amusing. average age about................59. all i could see in front of me was grey hair and bald spots.
very quite especially for a club who finished last. bit like our matches, not much atmosphere, would've thought there'd be more anger in the room, but we are an understanding old bunch at demonland. would like to go to say an essendon or richmond agm just to compare where we're at with our passion. there was one attempt to get the room fired up from some lady asking about the demon logo, but sadly that died on its arse very quickly. very predictable answers from the board although i did like what they had to say about the olympic park precinct.
they had a dvd presentation of our draftees and when blease' highlights we're on there was a few rumbles from the crowd an ooh here and an ahh there from some good line breaking and goals. all in all a good night tho but we are very very much behind the rest of the comp. a few board members in the past have a lot to answer for and i'll start with the board in the mid 90's who ****ed up the glasshouse deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back