Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
I'd brace for the three year old being denied. Don't know why the three old doesn't have a bar code. All my kids got separate membership cards when they were signed up (as babies), with barcodes.

Not sure about normal, but when you reserve a seat in covid aware, yheres the optin for a free chil seat beside you. not sure how that looks with a family membership

With a bit of luck, it will be back to normal after the melbourne game

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
You won't be paired together if that's how you do it, to be assured a seat next to each other you'd have to book both when general admin opens up sales.

Although as long as your tickets are in the same part of the ground you won't have any issues getting around it.

Yes Ironically the seat section supervision by stadium staff seems much lower key in this post covid era

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Looking at going to next Mondays game as a member (replacement game), but the gf (Cats supporter - can't win em all) wants to tag along. Am i able to book a complimentary seat for myself, a GA for her and sit together?

You could reserve a child seat next to you for free, then the friend could buy a GA nearby for gate entry

Mar 19, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool, Dallas Cowboys
I'd brace for the three year old being denied. Don't know why the three old doesn't have a bar code. All my kids got separate membership cards when they were signed up (as babies), with barcodes.
Her membership says no game access, but ive never noticed until now always just bought her in with me. Was the same on the weekend, just walked her through the turnstiles, did have a ticket for her but no one asked to see it.

Finally spoke to someone at the membership department after waiting for 40 min. she told me that the tickets sold out in 10 minutes, they are trying to rectify this problem ( don't know how) by asking the AFL and Geelong for extra tickets but can't confirm when this will happen.

$38 for a ticket to a f***ing replacement game.

The Hawthorn Football Club can go and get f***ed.

I have been on hold to the membership department for 20 minutes so I can cancel my membership. I am now finished after this outright kick in the face to members.

Have you tried the Twitter? Tag them or DM, very responsive and super quick rather than phone call.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
Have you tried the Twitter? Tag them or DM, very responsive and super quick rather than phone call.

Just spoke to them on the phone and they have simply passed the buck, saying it is Geelong's fault because they didn't allocate Hawthorn enough tickets. Yet nobody could tell me how many tickets were allocated.

I am calling bullshit. The club's been shithouse in their treatment of members for years now. I have got better things to spend my time and money on than a Hawthorn membership and dealing with their third world communication.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Finally spoke to someone at the membership department after waiting for 40 min. she told me that the tickets sold out in 10 minutes, they are trying to rectify this problem ( don't know how) by asking the AFL and Geelong for extra tickets but can't confirm when this will happen.

The absolutely disgusting thing here is that there will be hundreds of members who pay for the seat because they feel they have no choice. And if extra seats are released, the Geelong Football Club and the AFL get their money under false pretences.

Feb 13, 2010
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Coney Island Warriors
Only rubbish on top level behind goals (basically on the roof) seemed to be allocated as part of the 'hawthorn freebie' area. Not going to miss this replacement game nonsense once Tassie * us off - would rather a proper home game and rights at Marvel than this crapshow.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Not the clubs fault.
This is on the AFL, mcc, and perhaps geelong

Bullshit mate.

The club would have known exactly how many "complimentary" tickets they had available at least a couple of weeks ago. They either didn't push back and demand more or they completely underestimated how many members would take up the option.

How long have Geelong and Hawthorn been playing on Easter Monday? I'd say there is enough precedent for them to get it right.

hebog

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, Swansea
Bullshit mate.

The club would have known exactly how many "complimentary" tickets they had available at least a couple of weeks ago. They either didn't push back and demand more or they completely underestimated how many members would take up the option.

How long have Geelong and Hawthorn been playing on Easter Monday? I'd say there is enough precedent for them to get it right.
And it should have been our home game!

Hawk22

Draftee
Mar 31, 2021
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors, Liverpool FC
Legends Member - treated very poorly over the last few years! Am still waiting for club to call me back re round one accessible seats! They have no idea how to run a business or look after their stakeholders! Poor customer service - only care in taking your money each year! Disappointed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back