Status
Not open for further replies.

badgrill

Premiership Player
Jul 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The membership kit thing is interesting. Does anyone with mates and family who are members of other clubs know if they’ve sent theirs out?

One thing that might have delayed it is supply chain issues with the scarves etc - could have been held up in shipping in other countries due to covid etc.
my wife and 2 daughters are Pies members and received theirs (incl. scarf) 2 weeks ago

*I am an AFL Club Support member tho and received my AFL membership card yesterday

my wife and 2 daughters are Pies members and received theirs (incl. scarf) 2 weeks ago

*I am an AFL Club Support member tho and received my AFL membership card yesterday

Must be the Hawks supplier having issues then. Only reason I can logically think of as to why they are so delayed.

Definitely the supplier.
The club outsourced it a few years ago - they used to have it done in house by volunteers and scope

I still think they shoul have retained the model of the players knitting the scarves. Knitting 1,000 scarves = tronger hands = better contested marks.

Need to get TOB on it now.

Tomohawks

All Australian
Aug 30, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Storm & West Ham United
I got mine yesterday. Gee it's skinny this year. Some more stickers and the fridge magnet with the draw wouldn't have gone astray. I know times are tough but I didn't think they'd scrimp on those staples of the pack.

No fridge magnet? I like the fridge magnet! Planning tassie trips, working out weekends in advance, right there on your fridge...

Sadface

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
I became a member for the first time in years. Got it as a birthday present last Tuesday. Basically got no timeframe on how long the pack would take to come.
Not likely i'll get to make it to any games again this season anyway so probably not a huge deal.

Mainly just a show of faith towards the club that i'm finally fully invested in the direction we are heading. Since the threepeat my own views on our list management and club direction have been at odds each season with how the club has moved forward. Fully on board with this exciting new rebuild though.

No fridge magnet? I like the fridge magnet! Planning tassie trips, working out weekends in advance, right there on your fridge...

Sadface
Fridge magnet issue is due to covid. Covid has affected both fridges & magnets & possibly the industry involved in printing stuff on fridge magnets, but we'll wait to see the bail-out package for that last one.

Omega

Debutant
Mar 6, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I have been a silver member for years and just noticed my membership email mentions a gold card is being sent out. Has anyone experienced this? Seems I've been upgraded to Gold but the fees are still silver. I'll contact the membership to check

StillAtLarge

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I have been a silver member for years and just noticed my membership email mentions a gold card is being sent out. Has anyone experienced this? Seems I've been upgraded to Gold but the fees are still silver. I'll contact the membership to check
All 2020 silvers were upgraded to gold at no extra charge

Last edited:

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Smelling a rat with the tix sales

MCC and AFL have no time limit on sales but club members do

If there’s a cut off and general sells out but not AFL or MCC that sux balls (if there was sensible caps not a problem)

Or are they waiting to see if there actually is a rush on tickets. Tennis wasn’t exactly fighting them off

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back