30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
I must have overlooked the email

Does anyone think we will have to reserve seats for 2021 due to covid. I was thinking of going from reserved seat to reserved area, but If I have to then reserve seats per game there'll be no saving

Anyone in the Dunstall club? what is the charge to reserve a seat?

E093C8C4-47C8-4BE9-B643-E6C590519092.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2004
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn

Does anyone think we will have to reserve seats for 2021 due to covid. I was thinking of going from reserved seat to reserved area, but If I have to then reserve seats per game there'll be no saving

I have heard that we will only be allowed to go to half the games next year (From someone that works at another club).

Last year I think it's $2 for the member and $45 for guest.

Who else got their 'Member Showcase' prize?

30% off at the online Adidas store for all of my family's memberships....woopty doo :rolleyes:

my silver interstate got a free upgrade to gold interstate, so I'm guaranteed a ticket to next years GF when we play whoever

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
my silver interstate got a free upgrade to gold interstate, so I'm guaranteed a ticket to next years GF when we play whoever

‘gold melbourne right now. Offered a free 3 game membership for a friend. - who might not be able to go

anyway most games there’s social distancing in the reserved areas anyway

Rich

Club Legend
Feb 14, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Reckon all Victorian clubs (and the AFL) will be very nervous about the possibility of reduced capacity crowds at games next year.

One year with no crowds, yeah ok not great, but people have got through it and looking forward to next year. If it’s looking like reduced access as stated above, peoples money will go elsewhere.

The AFL won’t be able to survive 2 years in a row without crowds in Victoria. That will leave them in a major financial hole. Starting from Round 1 next year they have to allow fans to attend games.

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
Who else got their 'Member Showcase' prize?

30% off at the online Adidas store for all of my family's memberships....woopty doo :rolleyes:
I don't need any material reward for not cancelling my membership this year, but don't tell me I'm getting a prize, then it turns out that the 'prize' is a discount on products that I don't need.

Last edited:

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
I have heard that we will only be allowed to go to half the games next year (From someone that works at another club).

for hawthorn, home games with reserved seats is pretty much half the games in melbourne. Half that again and it’s not pretty.
Like I said, social distancing with the reserved seat members who actually turn up normally won’t be a problem

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
for hawthorn, home games with reserved seats is pretty much half the games in melbourne. Half that again and it’s not pretty.
Like I said, social distancing with the reserved seat members who actually turn up normally won’t be a problem

Yeah that would leave members paying for a seat for 3 or 4 games attendance in that seat.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
It's a feel good for us to support the club but there are going to be thousands of members from Vic clubs who won't sign up.

On Nokia 6.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can't blame them tbh, lots of people have lost jobs amongst other things and you'd be paying for a membership you are no sure thing to get any use out of.

Tashawk71

Draftee
Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Three memberships in the family
All got the 30% discount code
Happy to be a member and will renew but have thought all year a member's only T-shirt thanking us for staying with them would be more equitable and more special than something that can be purchased at the shop

Three memberships in the family
All got the 30% discount code
Happy to be a member and will renew but have thought all year a member's only T-shirt thanking us for staying with them would be more equitable and more special than something that can be purchased at the shop
If every player and few coaches signed a thank you card for each member...about 1800 autographs per person.
Would have been doable and probably meant a bit more to people.

Underwhelming (if I'm being polite).

very exciting isnt it - I love the fact that despite the Hawks playing multiple games at Adelaide Oval in my home state the only tickets I was offered under my Kennedy Club membership was the Essendrugs game which started at like 4.30pm on a Thursday - really easy to attend when you live 3 hours away & its a work day. Awesome value!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back