Any Membership discussions? auto renew is 2nd Nov

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to be very interesting to see how they go about who can attend what games if the capacities are capped at 30k etc.
Suppose a precedent can be the A-League.

Melbourne Victory have about 20,000 members, and AAMI Park crowds are capped at 10,000 at the moment.

About 2 weeks out from the game, members (staggered by category) have first crack at booking a seat. What's left after all member categories pass is then on sale of GA.

Some tickets also set aside for opposition fans.

Reckon we'll see something similar at AFL.

Going to be very interesting to see how they go about who can attend what games if the capacities are capped at 30k etc.
And who sits where. Will Kennedy Club members get preference over silver seat members? There are a lot of difficulties ahead, will having had the jab make a difference?

They are sending membership cards etc in February.
I spoke to someone at the club (seating issue).
She couldn't tell me exact details, however the delay is due to conflicting information from the AFL, MCC, and the Vic Government about capacity
Not sure why the capacity would hold up sending out my membership card
More so the density.
There was some discussion on here that members might have reserved seats moved to accommodate social distancing measures, so i guess that was part of it.
Then you have the fact you can't sell 60k reserved seats of only 40k can get in

Anybody got an email or anything from the club re an update? Feel like we're being hung out to dry here.
I contacted them yesterday, got the spiel that "things have been hectic" due to covid and staff reductions, membership packs should be coming out "soon" and we'll get an email when they hit the post.

Call me cynical, but I reckon they are holding off the devil in the detail until the current mebershp push is going on - thats all clubs btw.

Its a bit cynical by them, going for increased membership numbers when access will be limited in alot of cases

I save $200 x 2 by downgrading to the 'Dunstall Club' where theres a reserved area, but no reserved seat. its pretty much what we will end up with anyway - might be able to take guests too

Called the club on a renewal matter last week, girl on the phone said she couldn't give me any updates on when I would receive my packs, not even a "month". I'm a bit like Pessimistic, I think the club/s are holding back on releasing the bad news until the membership push is done. Makes sense commercially. why give people a reason not to renew. Sign them up first, then tell them the process.

Maybe use the car park at the G as a mass vaccination point on game day! two birds with one stone.

Called the club on a renewal matter last week, girl on the phone said she couldn't give me any updates on when I would receive my packs, not even a "month". I'm a bit like Pessimistic, I think the club/s are holding back on releasing the bad news until the membership push is done. Makes sense commercially. why give people a reason not to renew. Sign them up first, then tell them the process.

Maybe use the car park at the G as a mass vaccination point on game day! two birds with one stone.

Maybe we’ll get an app instead of a card, otherwise printed tickets, and a membership ID for priority

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw with UK royal ballet, moved on from reserved seating and selling tickets to all performances. You can then purchase a yearly membership (in various priority levels going up in cost which gives you rights to buy tickets in your allotted time slots. That way they maximise the actual attendance, but also get subs to keep the company afloat

Who knows, by the time this is over in AFL the afl members and public reserves distinction might be burred significantly. It’s about time.

Don’t hold your breath on the MCC though

The tassie deal could do more damage than good this season. Under the assumption home teams get first preference there’s a very real possibility with top tier membership we could only see 7 games this season and losing ability for the 4 “home games”. I fear this will stop many from signing up Especially if lower tier won’t get to many more than 5 games

being an AFL gold member theres every chance I’ll be paying $100+ a game to watch

Got an email from the club yesterday with the following....

Keep an eye on your inbox! Shortly, members will receive information on how to receive Priority Access to attend Hawks matches. With restricted venue capacities expected during the 2021 season we want to keep you informed and up to date so that you can utilise your priority access as a Hawthorn member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back