Any more changes?.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
In the last 6 months monumental changes have occured at the Freo Footy Club, admittedly wide spread changes were required.

The Admin has been cleaned and washed (bye to the ex school teacher), playing stocks shaken up, competant coach recruited and the Board being slowly rejuvenated.

Is there anything more that needs to be attended to?. More PR presentations to the media, get the players doing more public engagements (attending junior sport).

Any ideas or do you think everything is on the right track.

The board situation is still stuffed an no effort was made to fix it as far as I know. If Fremantle have reasonable success in the coming seasons we may never get a board members elected by dockers members.

Originally posted by RacerX
The board situation is still stuffed an no effort was made to fix it as far as I know. If Fremantle have reasonable success in the coming seasons we may never get a board members elected by dockers members.

I think that everyone who is a dockers fan should write a letter of complaint to the AFL and make the AFL deal with it and not the WA football commision. It is an AFL matter and not a WA football commision matter.

Well the WAFC owns the Dockers so it is actually up to them. The WAFC just needs convincing that Freo members could elect a better board than the WAFC could appoint. Unfortunately, it is very unlikely that the WAFC is prepared to see their power eroded, even if it would help build a more popular and successful club (RacerX says betwenn clenched teeth, not that he is bitter or anything:mad: )

In regards to the AFL, I wouldn't trust eyebrows Demetriou as far as I could throw him down High St.

According to Wednesdays paper the WAFC are in the process of changing the contitution to allow the members of Freo to elect,i'm not sure if it is one or two members to the board.
Masai lets not make Connelly a competent coach just yet.He still has to prove himself.If I am recollecting correctly Damian Drum was the bees knees before the start of last season.And I still don't blame him for our lamentable season last year,my blame goes to the players.
Racer is right the WAFC do own the Fremantle Football Club and will be reluctant to release to much power to the supporters.It is time someone from the commission had the balls to stand up and say we have made monumental **** ups with the personal that we have put in place at the club.But I am not holding my breath.
The game is just about to begin lets see if the players have learnt over the off season to play for and respect our magnificent guernsey and play for it and the club and not for themselves.

Originally posted by anchor man
According to Wednesdays paper the WAFC are in the process of changing the contitution to allow the members of Freo to elect,i'm not sure if it is one or two members to the board.
Masai lets not make Connelly a competent coach just yet.He still has to prove himself.If I am recollecting correctly Damian Drum was the bees knees before the start of last season.And I still don't blame him for our lamentable season last year,my blame goes to the players.
Racer is right the WAFC do own the Fremantle Football Club and will be reluctant to release to much power to the supporters.It is time someone from the commission had the balls to stand up and say we have made monumental **** ups with the personal that we have put in place at the club.But I am not holding my breath.
The game is just about to begin lets see if the players have learnt over the off season to play for and respect our magnificent guernsey and play for it and the club and not for themselves.

Excellent post if I may say so.

Thank you kindly VOR.I really am suprised that the Eagles supporters are not on the same wave length as the Dockers supporters over the Commission.This is not having a go at you or some other Eagle supporters,but after all the commission does own the Eagles as well and has the say in who goes on the board.I think we have to join forces to beat the Commission.

You're right Anchors, the players needed to accept more of the blame last year and Connolly is yet to prove himself.

I probably said competant because he's keeping a low key accepting that the team has to work on alot of problem areas, rather than say everything is alright with a premiership coming up. He is being realistic.

In reality it all set up for the players to show their worth as I think at the end of this season there could be more culling occuring.

Originally posted by anchor man
I really am suprised that the Eagles supporters are not on the same wave length as the Dockers supporters over the Commission.This is not having a go at you or some other Eagle supporters,but after all the commission does own the Eagles as well and has the say in who goes on the board.I think we have to join forces to beat the Commission.

I totally agree. Back when the dockers were pushing hard to get a MOB the silence from the eagles camp was deafening.

I also that a combined effort from both clubs would have seen it go ahead, and may still work today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back