Any Other Clubs Have This Problem?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 23, 2005
Alberta
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers, N.A. Roosters
So in today’s mail,I get a reply letter about my Adelaide Crows Membership Seat Allocation Request.

Do to the current 82,564 members ,we are currently unable to fulfill your request for our 11 game home season ticket.

Our only current options are the following:
1-3 Game Bronze Package Same
Seat for all 3 games.
2-1 Individual Single Seat
Game Day General Admission.

We will gladly keep you on our wait list and notify you of any full season tickets upon availability.

My question is.......
If the Crows can sell me the same seat for the 3 game “Bronze Package” why can’t they just sell me the seat for the season?

Frustrated Supporter
Any Other Clubs Do This?

So in today’s mail,I get a reply letter about my Adelaide Crows Membership Seat Allocation Request.

Do to the current 82,564 members ,we are currently unable to fulfill your request for our 11 game home season ticket.

Seat for all 3 games.

We will gladly keep you on our wait list and notify you of any full season tickets upon availability.

My question is.......
If the Crows can sell me the same seat for the 3 game “Bronze Package” why can’t they just sell me the seat for the season?

Frustrated Supporter
Any Other Clubs Do This?

No. This does not happen to Giants fans.

Seat for all 3 games.

My question is.......

Frustrated Supporter
Any Other Clubs Do This?
with 11 home games then can sell 3 blocks of 3 seat memberships or 1 11 seat membership, which combo brings them in more $$$?

That doesn't address the comment. The crows do not have 82k FINANCIAL memberships, the crows have a free membership package which is basically signing up for email notifications, and they are included in that membership number.

The crows had 56k members last year after official AFL auditing, i.e. paid up members, no pet memberships etc. Using a homeground with 53k capacity makes it impossible to have 80k members.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-16/afl-club-membership-tally-hits-new-high

I never understood why the South Australian government decided to have a capacity of 53,000 as I would have thought that 70,000 would be future proofing the stadium. 53,000 is too small now and South Australia is only getting bigger.
If they built a bigger stadium maybe they could of hosted the GF :p

That doesn't address the comment. The crows do not have 82k FINANCIAL memberships, the crows have a free membership package which is basically signing up for email notifications, and they are included in that membership number.

The crows had 56k members last year after official AFL auditing, i.e. paid up members, no pet memberships etc. Using a homeground with 53k capacity makes it impossible to have 80k members.

So is the letter not correct?

Bottom line is it seems I can’t get an 11 game single seat season ticket, but I can purchase 3 bronze 3 game packages and 2 individual game day ga’s!

So is the letter not correct?

Bottom line is it seems I can’t get an 11 game single seat season ticket, but I can purchase 3 bronze 3 game packages and 2 individual game day ga’s!
The letter is only correct insofar as internal crows logic. They've made their own arbitrary rules for what counts as a member - including free membership packages. The AFL audited figure only counts paid memberships that give a minimum of 3 games access - which I think we can all agree is a far more robust count of membership compared to a free weekly email update service.

The latter part of your post is answered by how the clubs assign seats for different membership categories. There are certain seats that can ONLY be used for 11 games, and some ONLY for 3 game memberships. Port and the crows assign different weightings to the proportion of seats for each category (crows have a higher amount of seats for 11 games) but if all of one type of membership is sold out, you can only buy the other type (or GA tickets, which there are a separate allocation for again).

The letter is only correct insofar as internal crows logic. They've made their own arbitrary rules for what counts as a member - including free membership packages. The AFL audited figure only counts paid memberships that give a minimum of 3 games access - which I think we can all agree is a far more robust count of membership compared to a free weekly email update service.

The latter part of your post is answered by how the clubs assign seats for different membership categories. There are certain seats that can ONLY be used for 11 games, and some ONLY for 3 game memberships. Port and the crows assign different weightings to the proportion of seats for each category (crows have a higher amount of seats for 11 games) but if all of one type of membership is sold out, you can only buy the other type (or GA tickets, which there are a separate allocation for again).
Thanks for the response info.
So after tonight’s game , there’s 9 home games left. If I buy the 3 -3 game packages in the same seat, it’s going to cost me way more $ than the unavailable 11 game season seats! I know that’s how they make there money, but it doesn’t seem fair!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So after tonight’s game , there’s 9 home games left. If I buy the 3 -3 game packages in the same seat, it’s going to cost me way more $ than the unavailable 11 game season seats! I know that’s how they make there money, but it doesn’t seem fair!
They're a business at the end of the day - they're there to maximise revenue.

stop making sense, you'll confuse people with facts and the truth

it isnt fair, you're spot on

I never understood why the South Australian government decided to have a capacity of 53,000 as I would have thought that 70,000 would be future proofing the stadium. 53,000 is too small now and South Australia is only getting bigger.

Eventually the Northern end will provide the "future-proofing". The heritage scoreboard will end up at the Karen Rolton Oval and they will construct a mirror of the Riverbank Stand at the northern end. I also understand (but will stand corrected if wrong) that the Western Stand can be enlarged to the same size as the Eastern Stand. That would probably give you a 60-65K capacity.

Eventually the Northern end will provide the "future-proofing". The heritage scoreboard will end up at the Karen Rolton Oval and they will construct a mirror of the Riverbank Stand at the northern end. I also understand (but will stand corrected if wrong) that the Western Stand can be enlarged to the same size as the Eastern Stand. That would probably give you a 60-65K capacity.
Well that would look a bit s**t. The best thing about the ground is the hill, scoreboard and trees with views towards the cathedral/church over the back

They are not a business they are not for profit. And are they not owned by the members - a group the OP wishes to join?
Actually I hink the Crows licence is owned by the SANFL. They are not for profit though.

Victorian members are paid but dont attend every gam in SA. I dont know how helpful/unhelpful this is as I didnt read yhr thread

Youre welcome.

Seat for all 3 games.

My question is.......

Frustrated Supporter
Any Other Clubs Do This?

With a 3 game strategy, 3 members get a sniff. If they gave you 11 games, 2 other members miss out.

Not ideal, I understand that the Eagles used this strategy at the new stadium, no idea how successfully !!

Crows and Power bought their licenses off the SANFL

----

I'm assuming that 80,000 odd number would include people like me who is a Victorian member and only gets access to Crows games at the MCG & Docklands
Stand corrected.

Fair point, all clubs have some interstate members and more so non-Vic clubs who all play significant games in Melbourne

With a 3 game strategy, 3 members get a sniff. If they gave you 11 games, 2 other members miss out.

Not ideal, I understand that the Eagles used this strategy at the new stadium, no idea how successfully !!

If I remember correctly, this was kind of the idea Port had with our 3 game memberships. It gives more people a taste and makes it more inclusive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back