Roast Any player you have hated in history?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 6, 2010
Viana do Castelo (Portugal)
AFL Club
Adelaide
This thread is just for a bit of fun. Feel free to tee off about anyone who has played this great game from any point in history, whether they aren't a footballers ar$%hole or they are just the biggest FIGJAM campaigner of all time. Some obviously are hated because they are just so good they dominate when you don't want them too.

The player I couldn't stand the most ever is.....

Steven Baker - How this moronic spud played in a granny is anyones guess. Just an all round tool.

Honourable mentions - Alan Didak, Chad Wingard, Chad Cornes

Most hated current player - Sam Mitchell - Great footballer, just dominates but is just a w***er on the field! If there was a Brownlow given for the biggest w***er, he would win it hands down.

Scott Salisbury.

A head-on flying elbow to Richard Champion in the 1990 Foundation Cup Grand Final, later claims at the tribunal he doesn't even remember doing it, worst thing I've ever seen done on a football field, cost us the game. Got seven weeks (in 1990!) and should have got more, biggest suspension in the SANFL since Granger v Cornes (nine) back in 1982.

from 2:40, and it's a proper melee, not this soft rubbish in the VFL now

EDIT: found this

At the time, Salisbury tried the “concussion defence”, claiming he was unable to remember the incident, but in later years conceded the hit was designed to let Champion know he couldn’t rough up young Tiger, Rod Jameson, without some backlash.

“I’m at the other end of the ground thinking, ‘I’ve got to get down there somehow’,” Salisbury said. “In the end, the ball came near us both. He was watching the ball and I was thinking, ‘I’ve got you’. I could have still done it and had my eyes on the ball. That was the worst part.’’

Last edited:

Scott Salisbury.

A head-on flying elbow to Richard Champion in the 1990 Foundation Cup Grand Final, later claims at the tribunal he doesn't even remember doing it, worst thing I've ever seen done on a football field, cost us the game. Got six weeks (in 1990!) and should have got more.

from 2:40, and it's a proper melee, not this soft rubbish in the VFL now

Scott Salisbury was a very old school sort of a player where he wasn't shy about hitting anyone.

Matt Thomas. Wrecked Henstchel's knee, Porplyzia's shoulder and concussed Bassett with a dirty tackle.

Always hated Matthew Lloyd, Mark Johnson, Michael Long, Dean Bogan, Josh Carr, Ryan Crowley, Paul Medhurst and Will Minson.

Also have an irrational dislike of spuds who played well against us such as Mark Seaby, Callum Chambers, Mark Alvey and now Denis Armfield.

This is a very interesting thread. I tend not to hate players who are thugs trying to thump us, because the poor things aren't capable of playing football. On the contrary, I think I tend to hate players who behave like prats, but are actually good players. The criterion is whether I repeatedly have an irrational urge to punch them in the face.

Two who immediately spring to mind are Milne and Ballantyne. The corollary to all this is that I would be very happy to have such players on my team, since they would then be annoying the oppo, rather than me. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lindsay Thomas surely...

The thing is, the guy can actually play football. Shame that he choose to be a whinging, diving, cheating little **** face 95% of the time rather than just concentrate on playing football.

What's even worse is he gets away with is most of the time.

I tend to group players I hate into three categories.

Flogs: Michael Firrito, Brendon Goddard, Scott Thompson (NM), Chad Wingard, Justin Westhoff, Toby Greene, Tom Jonas, Will Minson, etc.

People who duck into tackles because they lack actual talent: Lindsay Thomas, Rhys Mathieson, Joel Selwood, Allen Christensen, Toby McLean, James Sicily, Jarryd Blair, Paul Puopolo

s**t players who act like they're really good: Charlie Dixon, Jake Neade, Nakia Cockatoo, Jarman Impey, Levi Greenwood

Note that these are only the guys still playing

Last edited:
Lindsay Thomas
Byron Pickett
Jeff Farmer
Dean Brogan
Peter Riccardi
Tony Liberatore
Rohan Smith
Luke Darcy
Stephen Milne
Mick Martin
Matthew Lloyd
James Turd
MoreFrees
Nathan Buckley
Monkhurst
Jack Anthony
Toby Greene
Joel Selwood
Luke Shuey
Michael Walters
Kane Cornes
Theres more. They are the ones I hate/hated over the journey off the top of my head

Reiwoldt for trying to tell the umpires that the siren in sirengate hadn't gone off when he knew it had. For that leaked photo that he was definateley implying something with.

Chad Cornes - what a complete flog
Kane Cornes - for holding McLeod every showdown. Hate the umpires too who amazingly never called it.
Byron 'cheap shot' Pickett
Matt 'cheap shot 2' Thomas - as above

Remove this Banner Ad

Back