Premiership Player
Suspended
Aug 1, 2006
Premiership City
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Dean Cox Sponsor 2007
Maybe we can share. Anyway my tip is Oilsearch. Have had good success over the years. I got on Aristocrat when it was in the cents.Look at its share price now.

Anyone else got a tip?

Re: Any stock tips?

Tips are CUS, QGC, ABS and MTS....they all look good long term....

red+black said:
Is CML a SELL?

Not yet - but close.

the bid from OS won't top $15 so when it gets close - that when i am going to sell.

Am like ABS - ABC child Centres. Expanding to the US and if it works they will have good cash lfow and earnings.

WCB - are a takeover target. Dairy industry and are being stalked by rivals.

CML hit a high an intraday high of $14.80 on Friday and is now back down to $14.24. :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bobby Beecroft said:
Spot on I just can't get enough of these......... well ahead of plan too.

I've heard that they might get up near where Trans Urban is now, which is well over $7. IIRC, CEU closed around $1.31 on Friday. If you have some spare cash, get on them, and quickly.

HugeBluesFan said:
I've heard that they might get up near where Trans Urban is now, which is well over $7. IIRC, CEU closed around $1.31 on Friday. If you have some spare cash, get on them, and quickly.

There is also the possibility of a takeover in the future by a company such as Transurban.

Bojangles17 said:
airline stocks...rebounding with low fuel prices
media ..takeovers now rife
health...good defensive play , masively undersold recently, now recovering

AIX :thumbsu:

Bojangles17 said:
was up nearly 4% yesterday strange for infrastructure stock...good pick with interest in Coolangatta airport and Perth two of the red hot locations right now...they're also into ports and on a good div (6.5-7%) with franking...very solid

Ive been into AIX for over 2 years (average cost of $1.45), they are tainted with the Infrastructure Brush by the Likes of Macquaire Infrastructure/ and their Airport fund. They tend to Load them up with lots of debt, charge high management fees etc, wheras AIX doesn't.

They have holdings in most of Australias capital city airports, with pre-emptive rights over $100 million of the BAA airport assets in Australia, should they sell out of their $550 million in airport holdings in Australia, which is about to occur (and caused the 4% increase yesterday).

Current Liabilites of about $29 million,

Nil Long term liabilties

Cash assets/ receivables of $60 million

Market cap of close to $900 million

P/E of 8.5

Yield of about 6%

AIX for me is a long term investment (as long as they stay on their current course).

Oh and i almost forgot, CSM thats another of my shares that i beleive is going to come really good.

1jasonoz said:
Oh and i almost forgot, CSM thats another of my shares that i beleive is going to come really good.

I bought CSM last year.

Almost back to where I bought them at.

WCB is potentially an interesting one.

who are CSM, you're right on AIX have been lumbered with other infrastructure stocks that suffer with rising interest rates given relative high debt exposure...good long termer...

Ive just got into PBL...reckon they could be in for good ride with capital freed up from media sales and sunland group...property developer primarliy in QLD...real hot spot and Prop Trusts continue to do very well in a relatively low interest enviroment and strong economy

Bojangles17 said:
who are CSM, you're right on AIX have been lumbered with other infrastructure stocks that suffer with rising interest rates given relative high debt exposure...good long termer...

Ive just got into PBL...reckon they could be in for good ride with capital freed up from media sales and sunland group...property developer primarliy in QLD...real hot spot and Prop Trusts continue to do very well in a relatively low interest enviroment and strong economy

CSM Consolidated Minerals.

http://www.consminerals.com.au

Got hit with 2 lots of bad news;

1/ A CEO who decided that he should be given a much larger remuneration than he should have been receiving. The major investors and he didn't see eye to eye on this and decided to block his moves for a new term as CEO. This brought about market jitters as to the future directions of the company under a new CEO.

2/ CSM was seen as mainly Manganesse miner and the drop in world prices for manganesse along with the removal of the CEO sent the shares into freefall. The company has actually diversified into Nickel, Iron Ore, Copper and Chromite, and recently reported an accounting loss of $6.5 million, from an underlaying profit of $50.4 million, due to one-off asset write downs and one-off major items such as associated with take over costs involved with Jabiru Metals etc.

Long term play share for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back