Not open for further replies.

Saints Premiers 2006

Team Captain
Jul 28, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
St Kilda
Re: Any stock tips?

I think that a solid correction/crash is looming also, not sure about when but sometime in the next 12 months seems likely. Current bull market, which continues to set record highs almost daily, with looming interest rate rises here and the US on the bring of a possible recession (watch for employment figures which are getting released this Fri I believe) doesn't spell good news.

The thing that i'm debating is whether or not it's worth while waiting around with my money doing nothing in the bank for a "crash" to occur or should I just get in and hope for the best? A stock like BHP is currently appealing....anyone got any thoughts on this dilemma?

i hopped on bhp at $37 and currently it is just under $43...this was a few weeks ago...

i have heard from numerous sources that bhp should go close to $80...therefore that makes me happy...

what are people's thoughts?

Ghostwriter

Cancelled
10k Posts RIP North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor
Aug 20, 2002
Petrie Motlop sponsor '03
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I was gonna post a similar thing about the Market going to crash, but is this the reverse of the 'If the bellboy at the hotel is giving stockmarket tips its time to sell' prophecy, if everyone is saying the market will crash does that mean it wont?

Mar 21, 2006
On Deadly Ground
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Seagal, Hull, Hibs

SorryIHammerChicken

Premiership Player
Jan 16, 2005
Cameron White
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Team Carbonaro™..........

i hopped on bhp at $37 and currently it is just under $43...this was a few weeks ago...

i have heard from numerous sources that bhp should go close to $80...therefore that makes me happy...

what are people's thoughts?
BHP is awesome. What sources told you that and what timeframe do they expect it to reach $80 in?

stewpyd2

Team Captain
May 7, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast

What do people think of AAR and MHL. These have been jumping around quite a bit lately and have some solid support on other forums.

Astro_

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 14, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

What do people think of AAR and MHL. These have been jumping around quite a bit lately and have some solid support on other forums.

MHL to be the next CIG. Worth a punt however are very speccie.

MAH is in a postion to be taken over by LEI. MAH to be $2 real soon.

rickster

Team Captain
Dec 5, 2000
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong

So what's the go with CIG?

Showed a little bit of promise over the past week or to but not massive gains. Where to from here? Hold for it to get closer to 20c?

I imagine we will know more by the end of the year. They have only just started drilling in Kazakhstan - which seems to be their main (only?) project - and will know more in a month or two.

I would hold/accumulate in anticipation of a spike on possible favourable drilling results.

Bobby Beecroft

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2003
Junction Oval Goalsquare
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions THFC
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back