Ruck Machine

Premiership Player
May 14, 2007
Reality
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Utah Jazz
I would tip 4-1 Warriors ... could be be 4-2 depending on Rudy's health.

I just hope that Jinglin' Joe gets up in Draymond' face.

KingNothing

All Australian
Sep 23, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I just hope that Jinglin' Joe gets up in Draymond' face.

I can't for the life of me find it just this second, but I remember seeing on one of the Jazz blogs earlier in the year some footage from the crowd where jingles nails a three, and then on the way back into defence is chest bumping his opponent and getting right up in his face.

Teal Plums

Team Captain
Sep 3, 2004
South Oz
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
West Ham, Jazz, Vikings
Scoring deficient at every position. Looking bleak. Someone on the Official Offseason thread mentioned that we are getting ready to speak to Otto Porter.

Don't mind him as a player, but no doubt we will chuck the max at him which will be far too excessive.

I can understand why he did it, especially considering how ridiculous the west has become ("you wanna make another allstar game in your career?").

But we gave him literally everything we possibly could. Made him "the guy", turned him into a star, built the team around him, could argue we were a top 5 team in the league when healthy. And he bails at the first possible opportunity. Hurts.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
I can understand why he did it, especially considering how ridiculous the west has become ("you wanna make another allstar game in your career?").

But we gave him literally everything we possibly could. Made him "the guy", turned him into a star, built the team around him, could argue we were a top 5 team in the league when healthy. And he bails at the first possible opportunity. Hurts.
Im not a Jazz fan, but I like what you're building and I think you guys are in trouble.

Rubio is a good player but you can't start him, Gobert, Favors and Hood/Burks. Trade Favors for some shooting. But there is a massive hole in the team now.

Not a lot we can do, don't think we have any cap space. If we could somehow trade for Love that would be swell. Otherwise guess we target guys like Olynyk/Mirotic with MLE, maybe take a flier on Motiejunas. Shabazz Muhammed maybe? Looking pretty grim. Hood needs to take a BIG step forward if we're gonna be anything close to a playoff team.

Man this is ****ed. After all this time rebuilding, we have a great season and it looks like we're set to be a top team for the next 5+ years. Snakeward walks for nothing and we're back to where we started with the Millsap/Jefferson team, a team that can maybe scrape into the 8th seed.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
Not a lot we can do, don't think we have any cap space. If we could somehow trade for Love that would be swell. Otherwise guess we target guys like Olynyk/Mirotic with MLE, maybe take a flier on Motiejunas. Shabazz Muhammed maybe? Looking pretty grim. Hood needs to take a BIG step forward if we're gonna be anything close to a playoff team.

Man this is ****ed. After all this time rebuilding, we have a great season and it looks like we're set to be a top team for the next 5+ years. Snakeward walks for nothing and we're back to where we started with the Millsap/Jefferson team, a team that can maybe scrape into the 8th seed.
The Love idea is interesting.

You have nothing the Cavs want. I had a look at 3 ways, and maybe the Hornets are doable. This works.

Cavs get- Batum, Joe Johnson, Shelvin Mack
Jazz get- Love
Hornets get- Favors, Frye (both expirings).

The Love idea is interesting.

You have nothing the Cavs want. I had a look at 3 ways, and maybe the Hornets are doable. This works.

Cavs get- Batum, Joe Johnson, Shelvin Mack
Jazz get- Love
Hornets get- Favors, Frye (both expirings).
Melo was my angle.

Cavs get - Melo
Knicks get Diaw (n/g) + Burks (2y/20m)
Jazz get Love

That's just the basis of the deal (works on trade machine), obviously we would have to send out more value, Favors/Neto/Picks could be involved but I think there's potential for a win/win/win trade.

Cavs swap Love for Melo who they believe is a better fit
Knicks want Melo gone and unless I'm mistaken has said he'd only waive his NTC for Houston/Cleveland. Essentially a salary dump but it's better than the alternative of keeping him/buying him out
Jazz try to turn Love into a star again by pairing him up with his old mate Ricky, only this time they have Gobert.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats

He actually signed with Charlotte 4 years ago coz you guys wouldn't give him the full 5 year max but it was matched

He actually signed with Charlotte 4 years ago coz you guys wouldn't give him the full 5 year max but it was matched
I've been hearing this sentiment a lot today, that Jazz fans should be mad at the FO for not maxing him straight up.

But people forget that he was actually trash that contract season, averaged 16ppg on like 38%fg, 30%3p as the #1 option. I sure don't blame them for not rushing to max him out, hell a lot of fans didn't even want to match the offer.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Borgan

All Australian
Mar 20, 2014
Wollongong
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
New York Kicks
Absolutely shattered for you jazz fans. Ive loved watching the Jazz on league pass the past couple of years and have become sort of a 2nd team to me mainly due to how much I loved watching Hayward play. It just goes to show how hard it has become for small market teams to retain their young talent which I think the league really needs to try and address. At least you guys have donovan mitchell now, kids gonna be a beast.

djrossie16

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
I predicted Utah having a really consistent era and being a threat out west a year or two back. The loss of Hayward is a blow but hopefully it opens up opportunity for others. As it stands Utah still have a pretty deep team. Watched Mitchell the other day and he looked really good. Him and Exum are something to hold your hat on to.

Jerebko and Sefolosha signed. Cheap two year deals, not bad!

Really get the feeling we'll be involved in the Melo trade, pleeeaasseee be Love and not Anderson.

Back