Teal Plums

Team Captain
Sep 3, 2004
South Oz
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
West Ham, Jazz, Vikings
Signed Thabo Sefalosha, Jonas Jerebko, Ekpe Udoh, Royce O'Neale (who). WTF? Who is going to score our points? All our minimal wins are going to be 80 point scrapfests

Teal Plums

Team Captain
Sep 3, 2004
South Oz
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
West Ham, Jazz, Vikings
Roster spots are taken, but surely all the offensive chips aren't thrown at Donovan Mitchell?

KingNothing

All Australian
Sep 23, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
#Betrayward

I think a lot of how we go is dependant on the development of one Rodney Hood.

I read somewhere (can't find it again now, official article though) that DL and co believe that Hood is capable of being a better version of Hayward if he pulls it all together. He's a streaky af shooter, but we've never seen him as the #1. If he thrives on that, he could average 20pts for us this year - and we're gonna need him to.

I like our summer signings. Betrayward left his decision so late that there was no star to replace him (only Gay came close, and I would've been happy with that) so in the words of coach Quin (during one of the summer league game court side interviews) "defence is our calling card, so we'll double down on that." We're not gonna be pretty to watch, but I only give a * about winning so whatever works. Playoffs are gonna be tough, but if Hood, Exum (he's ready trust me) and Mitchell stand up then I can see us there.

Also Rubio and Gobert are both in elite percentiles on the Pick and Roll. Get ready for some slam dunk action friends.

KingNothing

All Australian
Sep 23, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Houdini is baaaaaaack!

Ingles, DFavs, Gobert, Mitchell, Johnson and Burks all dropped 10+, with Rubio (9) and Sefolosha (7) not too far away either. With Hill and Hayward gone its that kind of points spread we need to win games. Good start.

KingNothing

All Australian
Sep 23, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Let that one slip today. If Rudy doesn't throw away that rebound with 28 seconds left then we hold the ball and shoot to go 3 or 4 points in front only leaving them 4 or so seconds on the other end to win/tie it.

Rubios shooting doesn't appear to be as bad as suggested. Clutch 3 in the last. Hopefully Hoods ankle is nothing more than a tweak.

KingNothing

All Australian
Sep 23, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Not sure which I liked better. The one where he rekt Sabonis and drained it with him on the floor.

Or the one where he spent the next 20 seconds barking at Ferguson hahaha.

Sefolosha is way better than I thought he would be. Not an offensive liability at all.

Gobert off to a slow start this season, seems like he's lacking intensity at times.

Mitchell kinda sucks right now but hopefully he can build off that little performance cause we're sure as hell gonna need him to, it'll be a long season if we can't get somewhat consistent offensive production from our wings.

So what happens with Favors? Dude is back to his athletic best and balling out in his true position, but it's clear that he, Rubio and Rudy can't share the floor (we got by last year because Hill was a threat to shoot/score, but teams don't even guard Rubio), and he's way too good to come off the bench. I love him, but I just don't see any scenario where he's with us next season.

I keep thinking about Jabari Parker...

Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
76ers
So what happens with Favors? Dude is back to his athletic best and balling out in his true position, but it's clear that he, Rubio and Rudy can't share the floor (we got by last year because Hill was a threat to shoot/score, but teams don't even guard Rubio), and he's way too good to come off the bench. I love him, but I just don't see any scenario where he's with us next season.

I keep thinking about Jabari Parker...

Trade him

KingNothing

All Australian
Sep 23, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Donovan Mitchell definitely not getting the credit he deserves. Kuzma is playing well, no doubt, but Mitchell is at minimum on par with him with nowhere near the hype. Which is fine, we’re used to flying under the radar anyways!

Loving seeing Favs back to being Favs. I hope it can continue when Rudy comes back. I do tend to agree with Quin_Stick above though, with Rudy, Rubio and Favs on the floor together the offense definitely struggles.

Overall considering the injuries I’m happy with where we’re at. Nice contributions by Jerebko and Burks off the bench recently. I think if injuries are kind to us to come January everything is going to being clicking really well.

Oh and did I mention how much I froff Donovan Mitchell?!

Back