Any Utah Jazz fans out there?

Remove this Banner Ad

Worth watching again. Highlight moves & swag. Just a great pick from the Jazz!

Special delivery courtesy of the Denver Broncos

13 for Lyles and pick 24 (Tyler Lydon)

What a horrible, horrible trade that was (not for the Jazz doe)

Mirotic interested in a trade to Utah. I’ve been adamant that we keep favours if possible, but this changes my mind. Mirotic is a better PF than favs, and his ability to shoot three gives us much better spacing. I’d do it.

I would also trade Rubio. I don’t think we will, as gobert has been injured for large chunks of this year and Rubio is probably still settling in so maybe we haven’t seen what he can really do in a jazz uniform. But as much as I hoped his poor shooting wouldn’t be an issue it is. And his assists and defence which have long made up for that are down too.

But the big thing for Rubio is the emergence of Mitchell. Donovan wasn’t meant to be a PG. He was just meant to be a 3 and D guy; a spark in the second unit. As it turns out, he’s a star PG in the making. His speed and his moves make it almost impossible for opposition defenders to stay in front of him when he’s going downhill, and he’s a more than capable 3 shooter. The best move for the franchise in the next 3-4 years is to recognise what we have in Donovan now and act on it. Give him the keys, and let’s see just how good he can truly be (and I think that’s really really good).

If we’re thinking ahead to next year I’d like to see:

Starting: Mitchell/Hood/Ingles/Mirotic/Gobert
2nd unit: Exum/Burks/?/Jerebko/Udoh

I don’t think joe Johnson will stay. Keep Sefolosha if possible, he’s been much better than I expected. Ingles is a more than capable starter, but go to the draft and get the best SF you can and best guard you can.

I'd like to see Utah go for Jabari Parker. Being a Mormon star in that city there as well as playing college ball with Rodney Hood would be a good fit.

Just the SF you're looking for.

I'd like to see Utah go for Jabari Parker. Being a Mormon star in that city there as well as playing college ball with Rodney Hood would be a good fit.

Just the SF you're looking for.
That’s a really good idea actually.

Favours would be an upgrade on Heston coming into playoffs. Could trade Favours and a pick for Parker.

Because Parker is a lot younger, with a higher ceiling (i believe). I’d love to just straight swap him for favours but I don’t think there’s any way the Bucks would take that. So I think we’d have to give a future pick too.
For the last 2 yrs all we have done is tried to contend with a busted up roster , I for one don't see the need to add an already busted up player .

Because Parker is a lot younger, with a higher ceiling (i believe). I’d love to just straight swap him for favours but I don’t think there’s any way the Bucks would take that. So I think we’d have to give a future pick too.

I mean, perhaps a future second?

I think Jabari is a very good player but he's severely injury prone.

I think we need a major retool/cleanout. Write off this season as a development year and pray for some long overdue lottery luck.

Favors is gone for sure. I'd trade Hood too tbh, I like him but giving him a 4y/70m+ contract isn't the right thing for us to do at this point in time. Try to flip Joe Johnson for a 1st and a bad contract. If someone wants Rubio they can have him. Don't make the same mistake we did with Hayward (waiting til his 4th season to give him the keys), recognise NOW that Mitchell and Gobert are the guys to build around, and look 2-3 years down the road.

I think we need a major retool/cleanout. Write off this season as a development year and pray for some long overdue lottery luck.

Favors is gone for sure. I'd trade Hood too tbh, I like him but giving him a 4y/70m+ contract isn't the right thing for us to do at this point in time. Try to flip Joe Johnson for a 1st and a bad contract. If someone wants Rubio they can have him. Don't make the same mistake we did with Hayward (waiting til his 4th season to give him the keys), recognise NOW that Mitchell and Gobert are the guys to build around, and look 2-3 years down the road.
All the talk is that Utah will be very active before the deadline.

I think you've pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Hood is on borrowed time, as is favors.

Not sure there will be many takers for Rubio, maybe Orlando?

I think Joe will want to get to a contender and look to get a buyout

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d keep Hood. He can be streaky, but he’s an offensive threat that we need with good length for his size too.

Favs go, Johnson go, Rubio go. And if someone wants to give us something for Burks he can go too.

We’re good at getting quality role players (Sefolosha, Jerebko and Udoh have all been good pickups for what they need to do) but we need a bit more star power. I would looooove if we could somehow land Trae Young in this years draft. Dude is legit the next Curry. A backcourt of Young/Mitchell would be dynamic!

Do they come for Fav ?
Potentially. I can see the bucks coming for favs.

I also saw this in an article

“Cleveland is another team that Favors' name has been linked to. On ESPN’s “The Jump,” Wojnarowski said that “Cavs are looking to add size. A player who is available that teams are calling about who could help them is Derrick Favors from the Jazz.”

What do the Cavs have to offer that the Jazz would be interested in? Kevin Love is the first thing that comes to mind. A deal sending Favors and Hood for Love would be something to jump at (Johnson would also probably have to be sent to make the financials work, and Cleveland could also want a draft pick for the All-Star.).”

I’d do that.

Rubio/Mitchell/Ingles/Love/Gobert is pretty sexy. And Rubio/Love would have some good chemistry.

Last edited:
Just love the way Royce O'Neale is progressing. Looking like he can develop into a good 3 and D type. Great athleticism!

If Joe Johnson gets traded, means more minutes for Royce to see what he can do.

Rubio finally getting some chemistry going with Gobert, finishing his layups more consistently is really opening up that beautiful pocket pass on the pick and rolls. Offense looking much better, putting 118 or so on the spurs at home without Mitchell is pretty impressive.

I saw O'Neale play much earlier this year against Minnesota, he didnt do much apart from a horrific turnover that killed the Jazz's chances but now he looks like a real good rotation player, been impressive.

How long is Mitchell out for? Saw he didn't play today

How long is Mitchell out for? Saw he didn't play today
Flu so I'd expect him to suit up next game ( I hope ) .

I'd shop JJ AND Hood , would love a stretch 4 ta help really space the floor ....

Could we turn this around and still make post season ?!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back