Anybody interested in playtesting a basketball game?

Remove this Banner Ad

KingNothing

All Australian
Sep 23, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Hey all! I’ve been working on a tabletop dice basketball game recently and once I finish the rest of the team ratings this week it’ll be ready for some play testing.

It will require three 10-sided dice and a few hours of your time. I can email you all the necessary files, but if you didn’t have the dice/didn’t want to print s**t out I’m happy to snail mail it all for your convenience too.

A bit about the game and how it works:

> Players shooting stats are directly taken from their real life shooting percentages.
> Rebounding, passing, blocks, steal ratings are calculated based off real life stats.
> Possessions per quarter are based on the teams involved real life pace of play stats.
> There is a minimum and maximum number of passes that can be made per possession, and recipient of each pass is determined by your dice roll.
> Your direct opponents defensive rating reduces your shooting stats, but if a certain number of passes are made on the possession it earns you an open look free of penalty for your direct defender. It presents a trade off, if the ball is in the hands of a good shooter, but there is a still a pass available do you take the shot or try for one more pass for the open look when it might not be a player you necessarily want shooting. You always choose whether to shoot a 2 or a 3.
> A players stamina is tied to the number of shots they take in a game. This forces you to utilise your bench and ball movement as the stamina penalties on a players shooting are harsh!

This will be ready for testing as of next week, so if anyone is keen or wants anymore details just let me know :) Thanks!

Hey all! I’ve been working on a tabletop dice basketball game recently and once I finish the rest of the team ratings this week it’ll be ready for some play testing.

It will require three 10-sided dice and a few hours of your time. I can email you all the necessary files, but if you didn’t have the dice/didn’t want to print s**t out I’m happy to snail mail it all for your convenience too.

A bit about the game and how it works:

> Players shooting stats are directly taken from their real life shooting percentages.
> Rebounding, passing, blocks, steal ratings are calculated based off real life stats.
> Possessions per quarter are based on the teams involved real life pace of play stats.
> There is a minimum and maximum number of passes that can be made per possession, and recipient of each pass is determined by your dice roll.
> Your direct opponents defensive rating reduces your shooting stats, but if a certain number of passes are made on the possession it earns you an open look free of penalty for your direct defender. It presents a trade off, if the ball is in the hands of a good shooter, but there is a still a pass available do you take the shot or try for one more pass for the open look when it might not be a player you necessarily want shooting. You always choose whether to shoot a 2 or a 3.
> A players stamina is tied to the number of shots they take in a game. This forces you to utilise your bench and ball movement as the stamina penalties on a players shooting are harsh!

This will be ready for testing as of next week, so if anyone is keen or wants anymore details just let me know :) Thanks!
Hi - you might want to post this on the Basketball forum as well, directing them here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back