Health Anybody NOT struggling with mental health problems?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think this is true, but unless you go the drugs route, getting ripped requires healthy eating, exercise and discipline, which is a s**t load better then ‘sexy is starving yourself and being 10kg underweight as ‘normal’’. The other positive of this is women who work out are now considered attractive. Women my age (45), who hit the gym when I was a kid would have been considered some ‘lesso’ freak.
The nature of bullying across multiple platforms on and off line must make things harder too. When we were at school if you copped it, it stayed largely at school and didn't follow you home.

I think boys suffer body image problems in a way that they never did when I was a teenager. You copped it for being a bit spotty or fat or having a s**t haircut but nobody except the footy players went to the gym and the pressure to "buff" or "ripped" almost non existent back then. It might be putting two and together and coming up with five but I can't help thinking that technology is in some way responsible for this.
There seems to be a whole generation of guys now who only go to the gym so that they can look better in their Tinder profile pics and attract more (shallow) women. Sure, go to the gym and work out if you genuinely enjoy it or want to become more healthy or whatever. But guys who spend precious time and money on the gym just because they want to be Dan Bilzerian are really sad.

There seems to be a whole generation of guys now who only go to the gym so that they can look better in their Tinder profile pics and attract more (shallow) women. Sure, go to the gym and work out if you genuinely enjoy it or want to become more healthy or whatever. But guys who spend precious time and money on the gym just because they want to be Dan Bilzerian are really sad.
I would loved to have lived like Bilzerian for a few years in my youth.

No doubt. But he didn't really earn his life... used his criminal daddy's money to get himself started. Not too difficult to pay Instagram models to hang out with you when you're a trust fund baby.
Probably a lot harder to do in my day:shoutyoldman: (late 70s), no such thing as Instagram models, I would have had to pay Playboy and Penthouse models.

The other positive of this is women who work out are now considered attractive. Women my age (45), who hit the gym when I was a kid would have been considered some ‘lesso’ freak.

That's the biggest (only?) positive to come out of Instagram - it's encouraged women to get in the gym and start lifting weights.

Not only are gym women far more sexy than the thin models of yesteryear, but from a health standpoint weight training is hugely beneficial for women given their predisposition to osteoporosis in later years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back