Anyone Else HATE Watching us on TV?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
I find myself going to the footy tonight because I simply do not want to watch us on TV. Normally I go to the gamr and then re watch the replay the next day, im finding I never, ever watch the replays anymore.

Quite simply, the narrative is always predictable by the presenters. It is also the same FLOGS who always try better than others. I am finding Johnathan Brown and Kane Cornes absolutely apprehensive. Nick Riewoldt is just a gem and I love him.

Guys like Bartel, Brad Johnson, Dal Santo, Montanga, McClure, Robbo, BT, King, Whateley, all absolutely loathe and are jealous of our success and unfortunately seek the narrative of finding our weaknesses and going on and on about how to stop us. Rather than celebrate us at any point or even acknowledge our challenges.

'EXPERTS TRYING TO BREAK OUR GAME'
- How do you stop Dusty?
- Stop the spare man in defence.
- Replicate the pressure Richmond put on the opposition.
- Keep Grimes accountable.

EXPERTS PRAISING THE OPPOSITION
- Have they exposed Richmond?
- They could win this, if this, this and that happens next (Bruce was the worst and now BT).
- Improvement on last time.

After the Richmond victory or defeat, its either what can the opposition do to stop Richmond (trying to chop down that tall poppy), or how terrible were the opposition in their loss to us.

Anyway, I absolutely hate watching Richmond matches on TV now. The commentary has ruined everything for me, are others feeling the same?

Anyway, rant over, just feeling flat over it. I have a gorgeous 85 inch Sony in a fantastic theatre room, I love watching our replays :(

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
The reason is because we have been on top for a long while and teams tend to go up against us as the underdog. Commentators always talk up the underdog. Nothing to do with hating us or our success.

It used to be the same when we were s**t coming up against the Hawks in their prime.

It does not bother me to be honest. Commentators don't have to talk us up constantly, we all know we have been bloody good for 4 years,so why do we need their validation? Who cares who they talk up or if they analyse how to beat us?

May 7, 2009
melbourne, australia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Shrewsbury FC
I find myself going to the footy tonight because I simply do not want to watch us on TV. Normally I go to the gamr and then re watch the replay the next day, im finding I never, ever watch the replays anymore.

Quite simply, the narrative is always predictable by the presenters. It is also the same FLOGS who always try better than others. I am finding Johnathan Brown and Kane Cornes absolutely apprehensive. Nick Riewoldt is just a gem and I love him.

Guys like Bartel, Brad Johnson, Dal Santo, Montanga, McClure, Robbo, BT, King, Whateley, all absolutely loathe and are jealous of our success and unfortunately seek the narrative of finding our weaknesses and going on and on about how to stop us. Rather than celebrate us at any point or even acknowledge our challenges.

'EXPERTS TRYING TO BREAK OUR GAME'
- How do you stop Dusty?
- Stop the spare man in defence.
- Replicate the pressure Richmond put on the opposition.
- Keep Grimes accountable.

EXPERTS PRAISING THE OPPOSITION
- Have they exposed Richmond?
- They could win this, if this, this and that happens next (Bruce was the worst and now BT).
- Improvement on last time.

After the Richmond victory or defeat, its either what can the opposition do to stop Richmond (trying to chop down that tall poppy), or how terrible were the opposition in their loss to us.

Anyway, I absolutely hate watching Richmond matches on TV now. The commentary has ruined everything for me, are others feeling the same?

Anyway, rant over, just feeling flat over it. I have a gorgeous 85 inch Sony in a fantastic theatre room, I love watching our replays :(
Can't afford to buy a seat ontop of membership.
Home will do me nicely

Watch reserves for free tomorrow

Daka

Premium Platinum
Nov 28, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania Devils
I agree & they talk about Dustin Martin far too much.. I love watching him but they are Cringe how they keep saying "How are they going to stop Dusty" Just stop ffs!

We have a lot of other players that are just being disrespected. I'd say it's jealousy & lazy.

I swear I must hear different stuff.
Brown for example last night kept praising us and even said we were a better team than Brisbane in their threepeat.
St.Kilda on the other hand got absolutely ripped.
They all say how awesome we have been and all the rest of it, when we are criticized for anything we probably earnt that too.
We can’t expect to be loved all the time and at the end of the day.. who cares what anyone says or thinks anyway?
We get a great run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This Is Anfield

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Podcaster
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, England, Furies
Love watching us when we play like we did last night!
I actually can't listen to us on the radio... does my head in. When I'm driving around at work I check the scores on my phone instead.

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
Depends who's commentating, though the amount of half decent commentators that Channel 7 have is very small.
BT & Brayshaw are terrible as the lead commentators, Luke Darcy barely has a brain cell in his head, only RompingWins I don't mind too much.
The ex-players are all pretty good though, only Jobe Watson stands out as a complete dud

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
I will always prefer live footy but as an old codger now , I’m fussier with time slots , Thursday at marvel unless it was a final I’m never going. I enjoyed sitting back on the Gainsborough flossing my teeth listening to Selwood wax lyrical how good we were

Selwood knows what's up

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
I did
Depends who's commentating, though the amount of half decent commentators that Channel 7 have is very small.
BT & Brayshaw are terrible as the lead commentators, Luke Darcy barely has a brain cell in his head, only RompingWins I don't mind too much.
The ex-players are all pretty good though, only Jobe Watson stands out as a complete dud
I didn’t mind Selwood , wasnt aware he was mates with dusty , makes sense local lads and I recall dusty mentioning him too when he was about to be drafted

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Selwood was just in awe of us last night...
Hear it in his voice when describing how good dusty is
‘I wish I could do that’
In such sighing defeated voice

Cats officially broken!
It’s a pleasant change from other high profile rivals lauded on here mind you that wont even mention our name in the same breath

Bird Man

Premiership Player
Oct 4, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
That was the second worst thing about last nights game. Richo needs to be unbiased but damn... one of our greats just banging on about melbourne all game was infuraiting becuase he is a tiger.

BC9_

Yellow & Black ???
Jan 31, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
That was the second worst thing about last nights game. Richo needs to be unbiased but damn... one of our greats just banging on about melbourne all game was infuraiting becuase he is a tiger.

He did say that Clayton Oliver milked the free kick he got against Bolton. I liked that.

Richo would be out of the job if he couldn’t commentate Richmond games, we’re prime time baby.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back