Entertainment & Music Anyone else over the Marvel/superhero saturation?

Yes or no?

• Yes, over it.

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • No, still kicking.

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Meh.

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
A million movies and Netflix shows over the course of about 15 years. I watched infinity war and end game and loved it. Did I watch all 21 movies that lead to it? No. Probably half.
Still, the superhero thing continues on. Without sign of slowing.
Unfortunately it's something my mates talk about religiously and I'm kinda the odd one out.
Anyone else over it?

Yeah I can't stand them, most of them are just the same repetitive derivative bullshit.

The only superhero films I've watched at the cinema in recent years are Ant Man because it starred Paul Rudd and was more of a comedy than a serious superhero film and Joker which wasn't really a superhero film at all, it was more like Taxi Driver where the mentally disturbed guy wore Joker make up.

A million movies and Netflix shows over the course of about 15 years. I watched infinity war and end game and loved it. Did I watch all 21 movies that lead to it? No. Probably half.
Unfortunately it's something my mates talk about religiously and I'm kinda the odd one out.
Anyone else over it?
I’d get new mates

Punisher is good.

The best superheros are the ones who just shoot the * out of people with guns until they drop dead.

Strangely Marvel have never touched that on screen, only other producers indirectly.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joker was awesome and Joaquin Phoenix gave a blistering Oscar worthy performance but it's not one one you would take superhero loving kids to see.

My 5 year old nephew is into superheroes like Batman and he knows that Joker is a baddie but he would be scarred for life if I took him to see Joker.

That's the whole idea of that film though, it took all the family friendly superhero blockbusters and turned it into a gritty urban 70s style masterpiece.

Yes,equally as sh*t as the all the Star Wars movies.
I think star wars is shallower and i grew up with star wars
Fandom is pretty toxic, im sure marvel will get there though

I was over it after Unbreakable.
Not sure I watched such movies since. I see them advertised but none hold interest.
Batman Begins and the sequels were only superhero movies I think I watched since.

Yep - burned out. Haven't watched any MCU since Iron Man put that glove on - and even then I was way late getting that far. Was burned out after Civil War and didn't watch any until Disney+ arrived, then I caught up and stopped.

Watched a bit more DC - didn't mind suicide squad, but a bit meh on Birds of Prey. Every time I open Netflix it nags me with Wonder Woman 1984 but I don't think I have the strength.

Also burned out on Star Wars. And I was born in the 70's! I just found the last three to be utterly forgettable.

And I loved the first Iron Man and Avengers movies. Just cooked on them for a while

Anyone else over it?
I watch Batman movies and thats about it.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

I loved the original Star Wars trilogy as a kid but it should have just been left alone, all the prequels, sequels and reboots have ruined it's legacy.

Hollywood can't help itself, anything that's successful they try and milk it for all it's worth, thankfully the Back to the Future trilogy has been left alone.

I'm sure if Michael J Fox didn't have Parkinsons that Hollywood would have been talking him into doing another sequel, that's the only thing that stopped those money grubbing bastards from doing another sequel or reboot.

It's bad enough they did a Teen Wolf Too sequel with Jason Bateman, it just lost all credibility for me without Michael J Fox playing Teen Wolf.

teen.jpg

From the very first moment.

Back