Anyone else shattered for GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh please. They're playing football for a living. My heart bleeds for him.

Go talk to some of the Brisbane Lions players, and see how tough they have it.

Plenty of retired players who won nothing would've killed for a chance to be drafted by a team like GWS surrounded by a whole bunch of blokes their age, growing up together, playing footy. Yes there's a few years of s**t to get through, but it's clearly going to be all worth it.

They're not exactly living in some remote part of the earth either.

That is such an ignorant view.

Off course everything is relevant, is it better than living in Ehiopia with Aids? Yes it is, is it better than knowing your under 18 team mates who youre probably better than are staying home and having facilities like the Holden Centre whilst you are catching a bus to Blacktown to use a temporary gym??

Try doing that for 3 years tough guy then we can see how resilient you are.

It's very easy for anonymous people like you to be keyboard warriors, maybe you weren't good enough to get drafted and are jealous of others success but anybody with the semblance of a brain can see their journey has been difficult and their success not a fait accompli.

You can try and diminish it all you like but us real fans of the club no how trying its been and that these boys deserve everything they get.

I think you'd better go back and check Post #2 in this thread.

That juggernaut tumbleweed is testament to the fact that the anathema directed at GWS is here and not going away. It's just beginning........

If a bridge is built I'd highly suggest you using it too. No doubt the AFL will pay your toll for you.

As they pay for your club to survive and not be relocated?

Takes a lot of courage to post personal disparaging remarks that are rubbish indirectly, you're a hero.
More GWS hypocrisy - so rubbishing a fellow poster's statement due to their age and declaring that they don't have a valid point isn't disparaging?

Jesus you speak some absolute horseshit.

That is such an ignorant view.

Off course everything is relevant, is it better than living in Ehiopia with Aids? Yes it is, is it better than knowing your under 18 team mates who youre probably better than are staying home and having facilities like the Holden Centre whilst you are catching a bus to Blacktown to use a temporary gym??

Try doing that for 3 years tough guy then we can see how resilient you are.

It's very easy for anonymous people like you to be keyboard warriors, maybe you weren't good enough to get drafted and are jealous of others success but anybody with the semblance of a brain can see their journey has been difficult and their success not a fait accompli.

You can try and diminish it all you like but us real fans of the club no how trying its been and that these boys deserve everything they get.
Catching a bus? How horrendous!
Comparing their faculties to AFL leading ones like Collingwood'a is ridiculous too.

Good to see you have nothing to add other than personal attacks. Fail to see how me not playing AFL has anything to do with the conversation.

You and the four other fans on here are so deluded.

Fair to say I'd think I have a much better idea of the system for young blokes anyway. Know several people who have been drafted and for you to think it's all roses for those not drafted by GWS is hilarious. These guys get a shitload of money while spending a lot of time doing nothing, quit acting like Shiel was playing up there on minimum wage.

Absolutely clueless.

Last edited:
Comparing their faculties to AFL leading ones like Collingwood'a is ridiculous too.

Good to see you have nothing to add other than personal attacks. Fail to see how me not playing AFL has anything to do with the conversation.

Fair to say I'd think I have a much better idea of the system for young blokes anyway. Know several people who have been drafted and for you to think it's all roses for those not drafted by GWS is hilarious. These guys get a shitload of money while spending a lot of time doing nothing, quit acting like Shiel was playing up there on minimum wage.

Absolutely clueless.

No you've actually got no idea which is why you simplify the experience.

This post again shows how resentful and jealous you are.

They are paid a lot of money because they are elite professional athletes playing a sport which generates enormous revenues and is loved by most people.

They have a finite period to earn this money and many will have a career last less than 3 years. They also push their bodies to the limit and the majority carry injuries which have to be managed well into retirement.

Quit being hateful and be proud of your mates for achieving something unique.

Oh just for context, Dylan Shiel studies Commerce at Macquarie University when he is not training his arse off for the club or doing community/sponsor events for the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No you've actually got no idea which is why you simplify the experience.

This post again shows how resentful and jealous you are.

They are paid a lot of money because they are elite professional athletes playing a sport which generates enormous revenues and is loved by most people.

They have a finite period to earn this money and many will have a career last less than 3 years. They also push their bodies to the limit and the majority carry injuries which have to be managed well into retirement.

Quit being hateful and be proud of your mates for achieving something unique.
Well done on completely ignore the point of my post.

I've got far more of an idea than you. Quit carrying on like Shiel was forced to go play footy in the desert on horrible wages.

Playing footy, living in Sydney and knowing there's a huge chance of a lot of success after a few losing years sounds like a great gig to me. Much better than going to a club like Brisbane right now.

I take people as I find them, and it's clear to me you wouldn't recognise a quality response
Well not from you, you're all about quantity over quality. Join date to post ratio tells me that, plus the dribble that i've seen you posting in this and many other threads.

Well done on completely ignore the point of my post.

I've got far more of an idea than you. Quit carrying on like Shiel was forced to go play footy in the desert on horrible wages.

Playing footy, living in Sydney and knowing there's a huge chance of a lot of success after a few losing years sounds like a great gig to me. Much better than going to a club like Brisbane right now.

Im sure it probably would be a better option for you but compare apples with apples, is it the same as staying with mummy and daddy and driving down the road to the Holden Centre??

Brisbane's scenario now is similar to what our was in the first few years but unlike us they havent been able to keep their players. If they had kept their high draft pick players they would have been more successful but its not easy when youre constantly pillaged by other AFL sides.

Why dont you drive up and try and get a rookie contract. Sounds like a great gig just playing with your mates snd getting paid wads of cash??

Well not from you, you're all about quantity over quality. Join date to post ratio tells me that, plus the dribble that i've seen you posting in this and many other threads.
Keep trying
My view is you dont have the capacity to score a point. But continue the personal obsession, it amuses me.

As they pay for your club to survive and not be relocated?
The AFL *****n hate us. They ain't gonna give us jack s**t.

And our bottom line is as low as it's been for a long time. We ain't going anywhere.

The GWS supporters on here who are resorting to playing the man are behaving exactly like their players did on Saturday... and the response from the rest of the football community will be the same. You want others to support and respect GWS, then stop talking s**t and show some respect to others.

And conveniently joined May 16. First row of the bandwagon.

I fail to see the relevance of this. What exactly is the correlation between when a fan started supporting the club and when they joined big footy?

Regardless, we appreciate all our supporters whether they just "bandwagoned" as a result of the finals or if they were baptised in the club colours at birth.

You lot make a big noise about how we don't have any fans, and nobody cares about AFL in Sydney; however when we do get new fans you shoot them down as "bandwagoners".

When you create an unfalsifiable argument, you effectively create dogma. I don't waste time with dogma.

The GWS supporters on here who are resorting to playing the man are behaving exactly like their players did on Saturday... and the response from the rest of the football community will be the same. You want others to support and respect GWS, then stop talking s**t and show some respect to others.
We have had 2 instances of posts being copied outside our board by Bulldogs supporters rhat I know about.Once onto the Bulldogs board so it could be mocked.
Our board has been constantly trolled by abusive Bulldogs supporters, where for the first time the game thread had to be locked. We were then trolled on other threads by Bulldogs supporters. It was our first PF but consistent with outcome after our H/A game against yoir club, albeit less volume.

This isn't about the game, it was a great and deserved win by the club, and I would argue with anyone who disagrees .

I laugh in contempt at at a Bulldogs supporter criticising our posts though.

I fail to see the relevance of this. What exactly is the correlation between when a fan started supporting the club and when they joined big footy?

Regardless, we appreciate all our supporters whether they just "bandwagoned" as a result of the finals or if they were baptised in the club colours at birth.

You lot make a big noise about how we don't have any fans, and nobody cares about AFL in Sydney; however when we do get new fans you shoot them down as "bandwagoners".

When you create an unfalsifiable argument, you effectively create dogma. I don't waste time with dogma.
Thank you but the premise is bullshit. Please dont argue it.

I think the main point of the argument was that our first year players on startup had a very rough ride during inception. A new player who is inducted into any other club with it's history, facilities, tradition and fame is going to have a better experience than a kid who has moved up to Sydney away from his family and friends; in an area where nobody knows who he is (which might be a positive also; but more likely a negative for someone in that age bracket) and with substandard facilities i.e. Blacktown international sportspark and Rooty Hill RSL. I live in Western Sydney and even I don't go out to Rooty hill RSL.

Adam Treloar has spoken about these difficulties in the past. I can't find the quote anywhere though

I don't endorse personal attacks either - although I am no saint in this area - particularly on our own board. Will agree not to indulge in personal attacks whilst on this thread.

Delusion is often a matter of perspective. Although it's worth pointing out that if the GWS representation on this thread is a total of 5 fans (6 including me) and the GWS sympathisers, I reckon it's understandable that our lot would act a bit more aggressively. Particularly when the thread effectively has GWS on trial.

Absolutely clueless.

I'm sure Dylan Shiel gets paid pretty well, however the more to the point is that he could be making a hell of a lot more if he was poached by another club. He is effectively taking an opportunity cost, as are many other GWS players as they 1) Have a close bond with each other 2) believe that the club can have success. Now granted, it is his choice, but think about that for a second - players and management have to make sacrifices to help GWS be a success. It's not just handed to us.

No in other words the AFL saw the need to have a footing in the fastest growing area in Australia.

It put a plan together to start a team there in the knowledge that whilst this would be a very difficult and expensive assignment if done successfully could prove a huge benefit to the competition and to every club.

Every club including yours signed off on it and signed off on the concessions given to the new franchise.

If this displeases you, you really should be writing a letter or setting up a members meeting with your club because they made this decision, not GWS, not the GWS supporters or members.

You see, we're a little tired of having to justify our existence to the people who helped create us in the first place.

Maybe have a think about that before spinning arrogant, non-sensical rubbish and trying to pollute others into devoloping the same ignorant views.

We are here and we are not going away, deal with it and build a bridge because your negativity is ugly and just plain boring.
Extremely well said! I'm seeing a common theme among all these threads here - we're having to justify our existence. We haven't even won anything yet, and aren't necessarily guaranteed success. If we succeed it will have as much to do with hard work and being a very well run football club as it will have to do with being "gifted" anything.

As for the OP: I was disappointed that we lost as I thought we could have and should have won. I won't say that the ref lost it for us, even though I have a better understanding of the rules than I did on Saturday and can see that clearly, according to the rules, we should have been awarded two 50-metre penalties.

What I will say is that whilst I am happy to see Bulldog fans eccstatic with their footy club winning through to the Grand Final, I just hope that if they win they can infuse their elation of victory with a touch of humility. I felt some Bulldog supporters lowered their colours at Spotless by way of poor sportsmanship and boorish behaviour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back