Anyone else think that Moore has gone to another level this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sea fog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
We need a bit of good news after the double blow on Friday but since last year's finals series he seems to have further grown in confidence and can match it with excellent opponents.

He can take contested marks and run off his man.

Touching all wood hoping for no more injuries to him. The experts have been saying for a few years that all he has needed is continuity.

Not another level, but just consistently at that super high level.
Agreed. Just needed to get some consistency in terms of his body and the rest would come.

Well some of his teammates, including Roughy had said he still had growth in him and Langers has said that he has no ceiling. Also he has not played against poor teams over the past couple of years because of injury so would be interested to see how he might go against the weaker players.

Yes he has, in fact, I feel the whole backline had lifted and gone up another level, they've been fantastic. Problem is, our forward line is just going through the gears whilst standing on the spot, just hasn't clicked yet!

Yes he has, in fact, I feel the whole backline had lifted and gone up another level, they've been fantastic. Problem is, our forward line is just going through the gears whilst standing on the spot, just hasn't clicked yet!
Rand would you look at replacing Noble?

Rand would you look at replacing Noble?

I like him but, he needs more core strength, I think IQ is the challenger at the moment for this spot and Greenwood might take it when fit. However, he is there to provide drive and run out of defense and IQ brings the same thing so, its a bit of a shootout between those two at the moment and Noble's to lose. IQ looks stronger, Noble reads the play better and does more damage on the way out.

Last edited:
Moore is elite now.
Elite is performing at elite level consistently for some time.
He hasn't yet - he is approaching elite levels but is yet to prove he can sustain it.
So glad he is ours and in awe of his skills and athleticism but elite is thrown around far too loosely.
I await with high expectations of his elevation to true elite status.

I reckon he would've won All Australian last year. As much as I love Gov, I reckon Gov got into the All Australian team based on reputation rather than form. Had Moore stayed healthy throughout 2019, then I reckon he would be All Australian although he'd be competing with Alex Pearce for CHB AA had he stayed healthy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elite is performing at elite level consistently for some time.
He hasn't yet - he is approaching elite levels but is yet to prove he can sustain it.
So glad he is ours and in awe of his skills and athleticism but elite is thrown around far too loosely.
I await with high expectations of his elevation to true elite status.
He is elite and is proving it now...

He is elite and is proving it now...
No he isn't elite until he has years of consistent elite performance on the board.
Make no mistake I think he is of elite quality but it's runs on the board or go home sister for my vote.
He's getting there but consistency and durability are just as important as talent and athleticism.

No he isn't elite until he has years of consistent elite performance on the board.
Make no mistake I think he is of elite quality but it's runs on the board or go home sister for my vote.
He's getting there but consistency and durability are just as important as talent and athleticism.
He hasn't proved that the is durable that is what has held him back and if he could have got on the park at the back end of 2018 we would have been some chance of winning the flag which our undersized defence.

Talking about sister LOL, Darcy's sister is trying to do good things for the world.

Moore would now be at the top of any rival clubs shopping list whom need an intercepting key defender, imo he has become an elite player, A grader....

He hasn't proved that the is durable that is what has held him back and if he could have got on the park at the back end of 2018 we would have been some chance of winning the flag which our undersized defence.
I'm not convinced it's entirely a durability issue, attitude is important too.

Moore would now be at the top of any rival clubs shopping list whom need an intercepting key defender, imo he has become an elite player, A grader....
Again, elite is for players that have the runs on the board consistently for some time.
He is elite quality.
But not elite yet.

Yes, and a few clubs are interested. If he stays fit he should have a choice of clubs.
That’s ok, his prospective contract should dovetail nicely with retaining De Goey as a redrafted rookie.

Still probably the remainder of this season and maybe another of hitting what should be his absolute prime years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back