Anyone else want to smash Geoffrey Boycott in the face?

Remove this Banner Ad

just maybe

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2005
Other Teams
Adelaide
I'm getting really sick of his commentary. He's even worse than our own commentators, so petty, so biased, he openly laughs at Australian misfortunes and makes snide, nasty comments.

I thought the idea wasn't that you openly barracked in the box.

For our sakes I hope we get some balls and smack the crap out of England in the upcoming game so this snivelling whining Pommy warthole gets his comeuppance.

Jul 15, 2003
Vegas
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeah let’s get rid of every commentator and player with any personality at all.

Let’s just clone Nathan Buckley’s personality and give it to everyone involved in sport. It’s going to be so interesting that way.

He is the most totally miserable, bias as ******** Yorkshire git you could ever imagine and he calls it as he sees it.

He’d love nothing more than to know his commentary is offending the sensibilities of some Australian supporters. He’d cackle his head off and call you all soft.

I’d absolutely hate every commentator to be like him, but I think he is a total classic and love his commentary. I hope he is commentating at the moment when/if Australia retain the ashes.

Mead

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles
weevil said:
Yeah let’s get rid of every commentator and player with any personality at all.

Let’s just clone Nathan Buckley’s personality and give it to everyone involved in sport. It’s going to be so interesting that way.

He is the most totally miserable, bias as ******** Yorkshire git you could ever imagine and he calls it as he sees it.

He’d love nothing more than to know his commentary is offending the sensibilities of some Australian supporters. He’d cackle his head off and call you all soft.

I’d absolutely hate every commentator to be like him, but I think he is a total classic and love his commentary. I hope he is commentating at the moment when/if Australia retain the ashes.

Exactly- obviously different people like different things from their comemntators, but I think he's
-a total utter jerk
-a biased miserable git
-very good value.

Just makes the series rather a lot higher stakes, he's tiresome when England are winning but in true pommy fashion he'll be absolutely savage on them if things swing back our way.

just maybe

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2005
Other Teams
Adelaide
skipper kelly said:
What type of person would resort to violence because of what a cricket commentator says on TV? Strange :eek:

What type of person takes a sarcastic thread like its a serious threat of violence?

Oh wait...I forgot you're a sniper.

Foolish child. :rolleyes:

just maybe

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2005
Other Teams
Adelaide
skipper kelly said:
Explain the sarcasm?

The title: Anyone else want to smash Geoffrey Boycott in the face?

Are you that desperate to sniper that you take that line seriously?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
Apart from the extremely annoying and childish chuckling and giggling at the background whenever something goes against the Aussies, Geoff Boycott's actually not as one-eyed as some thinks

His commentry ain't nowhere near as boring as his batting for a start

Just stop the high school gal giggling in the background and he's fine, but Mark Nicholas is starting to get on my nerve with his overall stupidity and cluelessness

hirthy

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
He's not a bad commentator, adds a bit to the broadcast. Ya gotta have someone barracking for the other team IMO. Still love to smash him in the face though. Mark Nicholas as well, he is a dead set W##KER!

embleygirl

Premiership Player
Jun 22, 2005
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Steven Gerrard
When Brett Lee hit the 4 and put McGrath on strike for the last over you could hear him laughing his head off in the background!

Zeke

Brownlow Medallist
May 30, 2003
40º South
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bulls
He constantly refers to Australia as 'them' or 'your lot'.

He also made a comment during the 3rd test along the lines of 'England have outplayed Australia the entire series... Makes you wonder why they're not 3-0 up.

embleygirl

Premiership Player
Jun 22, 2005
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Steven Gerrard
When Gilly dropped a catch he said "Sucked in you Aussies". Like gee, what country you going for?

dan warna

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Oct 13, 2003
melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
nah

I think we all know the kind of wife beater Geoff boycott is.

let him lead his pathetic little life.

its amazing that Botham gladly ran boycott out in one test because he was such as tosser.

It must be hard and bitter having no mates.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
dan warna said:
nah

I think we all know the kind of wife beater Geoff boycott is.

let him lead his pathetic little life.

its amazing that Botham gladly ran boycott out in one test because he was such as tosser.

It must be hard and bitter having no mates.

It is funny because it is so true. Never married but beat the bejesus out of a girlfriend a couple of years back.

Even his teammates hated him. Made sure when he captained his country for the one and only time that they lost, scored 62 all out against NZ in 1976 or 77.

Rod Marsh said that they always had a beer with Boycott after a days play as he would give away all the English players weaknesses to them (this being before studying videos etc).

A totally selfish pratt as a cricketer, but for some unknown reason, like sherb, I dont mind his commentary. It is still better than that arrogant f*** stick Nasser Insane and his holier than thou proclomations.

dan warna

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Oct 13, 2003
melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
like the OLD OLD joke how many centuries did Boycott score for England??
NONE, he scored them all for himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back