Anyone else want to smash Geoffrey Boycott in the face?

Remove this Banner Ad

BomberAUS said:
Was he the one that said "couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of people" after McGrath bowled Vaughan on a no ball?
I think that was Nicholas.

In contrast to Boycott, who I can put up with, Nicholas is one I am finding myself increasingly disliking.

At least with "Geoffwey" there are no pretences. :p

I reckon Boycott is funny and shouldn't be taken too seriously.
Don't like Nicholas much. Too smarmy. Could be a game show host.
Tony Greig I'm not sure about. Seems to have brain damage a lot of the time, but that can be funny too.
Slater has been quite good. I didn't used to be too keen on him, but he's done OK.
Atherton - An acquired taste. Not as funny as he can be, but fairly reasonable.
Jones and Matthews - bearable, just.
SBS host Simon Hill - good.
Simon Hughes - great stuff.
Channel 4 in general - very good.
SBS - great.

Boycs is okay.
He may appear overly biased at times - but he also called it pretty fairly and squarely when Martyn was given out lbw in the second innings.
Openly admitted he couldn't believe the decision.
Not really the act of a totally biased commentator is it?

Dogwatcher said:
Boycs is okay.
He may appear overly biased at times - but he also called it pretty fairly and squarely when Martyn was given out lbw in the second innings.
Openly admitted he couldn't believe the decision.
Not really the act of a totally biased commentator is it?
How could he actually defend that decison. HE HAD NO CHOICE.

Scotty B. said:
Yeh I heard that. What a ********er. I wanna get a shotgun and blow his fukn brains out :mad:

Oh skipper kelly, any comment? Or are you just being a sniper and trolling me?

:rolleyes:

skipper kelly said:
you have serious issues beyond anything I can help you with.

Desperately trying to turn the situation away from your pathetic sniping doesn't change it, troll.

:rolleyes:

Scotty B. said:
How could he actually defend that decison. HE HAD NO CHOICE.

He had a choice - could have said "could no ave appened to a nicer bunch of laddees" or some such Yorkie drivel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

skipper kelly said:
please take your obsession elsewhere. This is the cricket board and people discuss cricket not your violent tendency towards people on TV.

Yup, perfect troll behaviour. You just got completely exposed and now you're trying to change the topic and backpedalling so fast your ass is about to hit your face.

Childish troll! :)

just maybe said:
Yup, perfect troll behaviour. You just got completely exposed and now you're trying to change the topic and backpedalling so fast your ass is about to hit your face.

Childish troll! :)

You might be able to answer this question for me as you are one of them. Why do loonies follow me round the boards?

Scotty B. said:
Yeh I heard that. What a ********er. I wanna get a shotgun and blow his fukn brains out :mad:
An old pom barracks for his country and you want to murder him, arent you a hero.. Boycott would be sitting in the background laughing even harder if he saw how ********ed off you soft pricks get over him.

skipper kelly said:
You might be able to answer this question for me as you are one of them. Why do loonies follow me round the boards?

You're the one who keeps sniping in my threads, troll! I guess it's your feeling of inadequacy! :)

pomcrow said:
Surely Slats has been as one-eyed? Who can forget the reaction when Warne got Strauss out in the 2nd innings at Edgbaston?
Did you actually see that ball?

embleygirl said:
Did you actually see that ball?

Yep, it was an awesome ball. Made Strauss look a fool.

The point Im making is that no-one batted an eyelid at Slats reaction. It seems ok to be one-eyed as long as your an Australian commentator. If your English and show any signs of bias, then preapre to be shot at.

Personally, I like a FEW biased commentators as long as each side is represented. Again somthing that C4 seem to be better at than Sky.

pomcrow said:

The point Im making is that no-one batted an eyelid at Slats reaction. It seems ok to be one-eyed as long as your an Australian commentator. If your English and show any signs of bias, then preapre to be shot at.

Personally, I like a FEW biased commentators as long as each side is represented. Again somthing that C4 seem to be better at than Sky.
I see your point.
There actually has been some discussion on Slater's bias commentary. He's not really that biased and neither are some of the poms.
SBS has got good commentators except Boycott - he's the only i can't stand.

pomcrow said:

fair point pomcrow

All commentators are biased towards their country, it's nature. I don't mind, but when it's blatant bias, then i get annoyed, like with Sky and that David Lloyd bloke, man he's a knob.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back