Anyone else want to smash Geoffrey Boycott in the face?

Remove this Banner Ad

Boycott is just sour in a day of Australian domination, a team that tortured him and made him cry like a bitch every time he slept.

The worst batsmen to watch in the history of the game and it reflects in his pathetic attempts at commentating.

Boris Johnson urged to strip former England cricketer Geoffrey Boycott of new knighthood

There have been calls for British Prime Minister Boris Johnson to strip former English cricket captain Geoffrey Boycott of his new knighthood over his domestic abuse conviction.

Boycott, 78, was awarded a knighthood in former prime minister Theresa May's resignation honours list that was released on Tuesday (local time), alongside fellow former cricket captain Andrew Strauss.

But women's charities, politicians and even a Spice Girl came out to condemn the move after Boycott said he did not "give a toss" about criticism from the charity Women's Aid.

Women's Aid co-acting chief executive Adina Claire said the honour sent a "dangerous message".

"With increasing awareness of domestic abuse, and a domestic abuse bill ready to be taken forward by government, it is extremely disappointing that a knighthood has been recommended for Geoffrey Boycott, who is a convicted perpetrator of domestic abuse," she said in a statement.

"Celebrating a man who was convicted for assaulting his partner sends a dangerous message that domestic abuse is not taken seriously as a crime."

In 1998 Boycott was convicted, fined and given a three-month suspended sentence for beating his then-girlfriend Margaret Moore at a hotel on the French Riviera.

I work with a few Yorkshiremen offshore, they worship the prick, love reminding them he's a wife beating selfish pr_ick that wasn't even liked by his own team mates, the 1st time i told them that just the sound of his voice makes me want to punch 7 shades of shizen through him they just about had coronaries, was priceless.

I work with a few Yorkshiremen offshore, they worship the prick, love reminding them he's a wife beating selfish pr_ick that wasn't even liked by his own team mates, the 1st time i told them that just the sound of his voice makes me want to punch 7 shades of shizen through him they just about had coronaries, was priceless.

Don't particularly like the bloke but from the information available for the domestic assault case and statements from her friends/family it looks pretty unlikely to be true to me personally.

EEIe-MfU0AI5HdA

Knighted despite doing this.
I guess Ben Stokes' knighthood won't be far away now.

EEIe-MfU0AI5HdA

Knighted despite doing this.
I guess Ben Stokes' knighthood won't be far away now.

For those that aren't aware these injuries originated from a single impact on the forehead (that then caused the blood/bruising to track downwards under the eyes) according to medical experts.

He claimed he'd have a better chance of getting knighted if he wore blackface because of West Indian cricketers getting knighted, let's see if he follows through and wears blackface to the ceremony.

Boycott would probably get away with it if Prince Philip is the one giving the knighthood.

A totally selfish pratt as a cricketer, but for some unknown reason, like sherb, I dont mind his commentary. It is still better than that arrogant f*** stick Nasser Insane and his holier than thou proclomations.

Nasser irritated the f**k out of me when he batted, the way he tapped his bat on the ground so hard it seemed like he was trying to break it.

Rod Marsh said that they always had a beer with Boycott after a days play as he would give away all the English players weaknesses to them (this being before studying videos etc).

A totally selfish pratt as a cricketer, but for some unknown reason, like sherb, I dont mind his commentary. It is still better than that arrogant f*** stick Nasser Insane and his holier than thou proclomations.

The story is when mystery spinner John Gleeson came onto the scene, the Poms were having trouble picking him. I can't recall the player but he finally worked Gleeson out and went to Boycott to tell him. Boycott said "Shhh, I worked him out ages ago, but don't tell the others, eh?".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back