NCAA Anyone Following College Football?

Remove this Banner Ad

copernicus said:
Have to say that it's pretty intriguing to me - the culture surrounding it is very vibrant, and having visited a college town on gameday (Athens, UGA) it's a fantastic way to spend a day even if the game is still a bit of a mystery to me.

Anyone have a team they follow, just out of curiosity?

Don't religiously follow it...

Find our scores on a Sunday morning... watch it on TV if it's on, read up on draft prospects (mostly ones that I'd like the Pack to pick up)...

Bit weird at the moment, I follow Southern Mississippi, but they aren't playing home games yet because of Hurricane Katrina, so my interest really isn't at its peak... with them playing every 2 weeks at the moment.

Also follow their alumni in the NFL, so lay off Todd Pinkston people... he's one of the few offensive players to make it in the NFL! ;)

if ESPN international on foxtel showed more than just the Bowl games over xmas and new year it would make following a team and the NCAA a bit easier from here in oz.

I live and die with Nebraska. There is nothing close to it for me.

We are all still coming to grips with the reality that our golden era has finally crumbled after 40 years.

I'd kill to be able to watch a live game over here. Any suggestions?

Big one against Iowa State tomorrow.

I watch it, but dont get into it as much as the NFL, although i agree with many people who say its more exciting to watch.. with all the tricky plays and things..

it doesnt help we get one game a week (thurs night..)

I dont really have a team, but i guess for some reason i watch how Virginia Tech are going every now and then.

Absolutely. Huge game in Tempe this week, USC at Arizona State.

Second straight conference road game for the Trojans, after last weeks come from behind win over the Oregon Ducks in Eugene. If the Men of Troy can overcome the Sun Devils, they still have tough games against Cal and UCLA to win if they are to win their third straight National Championship.

Stealth bomber said:

We are all still coming to grips with the reality that our golden era has finally crumbled after 40 years.

Yeah, get whoever carries ESPN!

It's fair dinkum weird to have about seven channels to choose a game from on a Saturday arvo. Kinda fun when you're home alone....

Oh yes, and there is an upset brewing in Arizona...

ESPN's doing GamePlan online now. So I bought it!

Watched most of the Nebraska game (and WHAT a game), and then watched a bit of USC-ASU. Was kinda pulling for ASU there just so they could brag about ruining someone else's three-peat chances for a change.

The feed wasn't too bad....I would miss a play now and then because of buffering/whatever but that's to be expected with streaming video. I'm just so happy to finally have pictures that I'm not really that fussed about it.

Sure got my money's worth too....two overtimes!

Stealth bomber said:
ESPN's doing GamePlan online now. So I bought it!

Watched most of the Nebraska game (and WHAT a game), and then watched a bit of USC-ASU. Was kinda pulling for ASU there just so they could brag about ruining someone else's three-peat chances for a change.

The feed wasn't too bad....I would miss a play now and then because of buffering/whatever but that's to be expected with streaming video. I'm just so happy to finally have pictures that I'm not really that fussed about it.

Sure got my money's worth too....two overtimes!

How much did that set you back?

Not much on worth watching tonight. There are a bunch of thrashings occurring right now, but I have beer so I might as well settle in and watch!

i get the college game of the week sent to me on dvd every week from www.pontel.com i follow usc, mainly because a friend of mine went there, also arizona state. i was torn today, but usc are just too good, they rushed for about 350 yrds and 5 tds.

espn in australia has hardly any games, we've had two so far this year, south carolina v ucf and louisville v kentucky, next week we get ncstate v georgia tech and more games in coctober and november.

the crowds and atmosphere in college football is greater than teh nfl in my opinion. and there seem to b more unbelieveable finishes an comebacks

Abaddon said:
if ESPN international on foxtel showed more than just the Bowl games over xmas and new year it would make following a team and the NCAA a bit easier from here in oz.

we get a bit more than that here, porbably about 10 games for the year before the bowl games, there is one on friday morning

Stealth bomber said:

Bill Callahan. You poor, poor man

Just finished watching Boise State v Hawai'i great game, 44 - 41, watched it over the net and it kept up all the way with minimal stoppages, good clarity as well, heaps better than the AFL coverage on Telstra, good commentary too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lenny Briscoe said:
we get a bit more than that here, porbably about 10 games for the year before the bowl games, there is one on friday morning

oh ok.
i only ever get to see the games over xmas/new year cos of work

heardie said:
Bill Callahan. You poor, poor man

He's turned us into the damn Raiders. Slow, immobile quarterback who looks like a world beater on a good day and bloody ordinary every other day. Commit lots of penalties. I think his offense is too complicated for these kids.

Geez, he can recruit though.

Are you serious guys? I will stay out the American 'Football' boards in the future, but how can you like the NFL, let alone College? It is so bewildering. Anyway, good luck to all the Yanks with their punts and wide-receivers and so fourth.

Drummond said:
Are you serious guys? I will stay out the American 'Football' boards in the future, but how can you like the NFL, let alone College? It is so bewildering. Anyway, good luck to all the Yanks with their punts and wide-receivers and so fourth.

It must be a difficult game to understand for someone of minimal intelligence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back