Anyone Have News on Scott Selwood?

Remove this Banner Ad

We really need Scooter to play that desperate brand of fearless football that we know he, as a Selwood can produce. Just hope his body holds up.

I don't rate us a Premiership chance unless we get consistency and top line football from Scooter and Menegola.

Dangerwood will continue where it left off from last season.

I reckon you add Lang to that group....I thought he was really good against the Hawks. He should get a good lot of possessions this week too. Looked really creative to me.

In all seriousness do we even miss Scooter that much? Duncan and GHS are playing just as good footy as he ever has for us.
Wouldn't be hard considering he has only played 5 games for us.
Although not sure why you'd throw Duncan in there they play very different roles and baring injury or rest Duncan will never be out of our 22.
GHS and Cowan would be the ones to make way if Scooter is to come back in.

This is just classic Geelong isn't it.
- minor setback
- may play next week
- may play in 3 weeks
- misses 2 months+ and not a word from them about what is going on

- minor setback
- may play next week
- may play in 3 weeks
Think it has been reported by the club that he is back in training increasing his workload and also think he commented on radio last week saying aiming for Round 4.

244b992a4753d38ed947da0b5ec98738219747fa9c33f24e64bc34f6dd550ccd.jpg

- minor setback
- may play next week
- may play in 3 weeks

It was mentioned by the club though, had a setback, should be back training around the start of the year.
Unless you want media for every tiny little thing I reckon that's probably about all you should expect?

It was mentioned by the club though, had a setback, should be back training around the start of the year.
Unless you want media for every tiny little thing I reckon that's probably about all you should expect?
A bit of honestly and a bit less bullshit would be nice.

We expect him to miss a month, things aren't going well etc would be nice. I'm not asking for a minute by minute update... just a bit of respect for the fans would be good

We expect him to miss a month, things aren't going well etc would be nice. I'm not asking for a minute by minute update... just a bit of respect for the fans would be good

He has turf toe. The recovery rate on this type of injury varies dramatically from person to person. For some a few weeks, others can take months and the only thing you can do is rest the toe. If the medical team get this wrong you can almost write off the season.

All I've heard is we hope he'll be available in the next week or two, which is about the most accurate diagnosis they can give us. It seems to me you are after a minute by minute update.

If the medical staff came out and said 4 weeks and he wasn't back for 3 months they would get shot down in no time on this board. A case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Whether he's cooked as a player is another argument.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has turf toe. The recovery rate on this type of injury varies dramatically from person to person. For some a few weeks, others can take months and the only thing you can do is rest the toe. If the medical team get this wrong you can almost write off the season.

All I've heard is we hope he'll be available in the next week or two, which is about the most accurate diagnosis they can give us. It seems to me you are after a minute by minute update.

If the medical staff came out and said 4 weeks and he wasn't back for 3 months they would get shot down in no time on this board. A case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Whether he's cooked as a player is another argument.
Has it been reported that he has turf toe or is this what you have been told?

I haven't heard any reports of that, so if true then clearly I will eat my words... but if it just what you have heard or been told then it all further justifies my view... the club could simply say what is happening and people would IMO be more accepting

Wouldn't be hard considering he has only played 5 games for us.
Although not sure why you'd throw Duncan in there they play very different roles and baring injury or rest Duncan will never be out of our 22.
GHS and Cowan would be the ones to make way if Scooter is to come back in.

Firstly to state the obvious, two players don't make way for one.

Horlin-Smith has been good in both games, and kicked the goal to win the match yesterday. He shouldn't be going anywhere. Also, Scott Selwood has played 5 games for us, and in those games was solid at best. There is no way any position in the senior team should be considered 'his' spot.

I had suggested a few weeks ago that from what I read, and the nature of the description of the injury was Turf Toe.. without the club saying it as much.

It seems the I got that one right.

And as terry_bright suggested, it really is a horses for courses recovery. NFL players get it all the time and their recovery is widely varied.

Go Catters

They've given an update on him every week. They're not Nostradamus, toe injuries have unpredictable timeframes. They said last week he's over the injury and now needs to rebuild his conditioning.

Firstly to state the obvious, two players don't make way for one.

Horlin-Smith has been good in both games, and kicked the goal to win the match yesterday. He shouldn't be going anywhere. Also, Scott Selwood has played 5 games for us, and in those games was solid at best. There is no way any position in the senior team should be considered 'his' spot.
Farken oath. Got that bad feeling the club has other ideas though.

- minor setback
- may play next week
- may play in 3 weeks
It's almost as if Neville's whisperings were taken onboard by the whole club

More based on his record of being a very good footballer I would say, and better that what most of our second string have ever shown.
Few years back now though. The chances of him working out and playing 50+ games for us while not at M.Clark or Hmac odds, they certainly aren't good.
Good to have around the club though I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back